X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ron Burgundy
    • Nov 2005

Who is the run-stopper?

While I can appreciate that we need more sacks from the DT spot than, say, Larry Tripplett provides, who is gonna be guy to collapse the pocket and knock down the RB? Darwin Walker can give us 6 sacks but he's not going to help in that department.

Williams is a high effort guy but he's no monster. Neither is Tripplett. McCargo is a bit of an unknown and he was more of a pass rusher himself at NC State.

Any ideas? Do we draft a fatty?
  • Talk0fNewYork
    ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
    • Jan 2007

Re: Who is the run-stopper?

It's more than just them collapsing the pocket it's standing strong, holding thier gap and allowing other players room to run after the backs.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Talk0fNewYork
      It's more than just them collapsing the pocket it's standing strong, holding thier gap and allowing other players room to run after the backs.
      There's a difference between pass-rushing d-lineman and run-stuffers, too. Granted, some guys can do both well (I think Kyle's kinda in between) but most of the guys on our roster aren't the type to bust up the running plays...and our 'backers will be (at the very least) young. I like Crowell but Ellison to me is only okay. There's another hole.

I don't mind that we picked up Walker. He's better than most of the guys we have. Still, I'm not sure we filled a need here...it looks like we just created another gap at linebacker.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

The run stopper in this defense is the Offense! Build the O-line, run the ball score more points and make the other team pass to catch up, which plays to the teeth of this defense!

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Good run stuffing D's have big bad DT that gobble up blockers and push the pocket backwards. Good run stuufing D's also have LB's that persue well and DB's that are smart, fast and hard hitting when the middle closes up and the play gets pushed outside. Front seven first, secondary works cleanup!!

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
            The run stopper in this defense is the Offense! Build the O-line, run the ball score more points and make the other team pass to catch up, which plays to the teeth of this defense!
            Is that all?? Good luck with that.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I think they are betting that McCargo will be the nose-guard.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

Quote:
                Originally Posted by alohabillsfan

Do you watch football? Can you tell me the team that had the worst rushing defense in the league? Can you nmae the team that currently holds the title Champion? Gee, how did they do that?

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

Quote:

Do you watch football? Can you tell me the team that had the worst rushing defense in the league? Can you nmae the team that currently holds the title Champion? Gee, how did they do that?

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                    Quote:

Who says your O will improve at all, much less dominate a game enough to compensate your weak defense?? Like the Colts as you suggest??

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                      • Mar 2007

ftp you have no right to say anything bad about any team when the dolphins are in the shape they are in. Sure the bills have their problems and holes but not like the dolphins. You get all upset when we bash the dolphins and you for that matter but then you do the same to the bills on a bills site not a dolphins, do it on dolphin hell but stop coming here and getting all upset that we bash the dolphins but then bash the bills just as bad as we bash the phins. im fine with having miami fans here and am even fine with them saying that buffalo sucks its a rivalry thats what people say but know we are going to say the same about the dolphins so dont get all defensive when we do.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by lightningbolt444
                        ftp you have no right to say anything bad about any team when the dolphins are in the shape they are in. Sure the bills have their problems and holes but not like the dolphins. You get all upset when we bash the dolphins and you for that matter but then you do the same to the bills on a bills site not a dolphins, do it on dolphin hell but stop coming here and getting all upset that we bash the dolphins but then bash the bills just as bad as we bash the phins. im fine with having miami fans here and am even fine with them saying that buffalo sucks its a rivalry thats what people say but know we are going to say the same about the dolphins so dont get all defensive when we do.

OK, then you won't mind proving this.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
                          ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by feelthepain
                          OK, then you won't mind proving this.
                          QB, there i'm done.

Comment

• feelthepain
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

QB, there i'm done.
                            OK, so JP has what? six games in three years that can be considered above avg. and the Bills QB situation is resolved?? Boy talk about being kind about an evaluation.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

darwin walker is know as being a run stuffer, not a pass rusher.

he was philly's best lineman at times last season.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍