PDA

View Full Version : Something to hope for....

RedEyE
03-26-2007, 09:08 PM
It's amazing how one move has increased my confidence in the direction the Bills are headed. Just earlier today I was a little depressed to see another wiley vet on his way out of Buffalo (thinking the Bills would be getting draft picks instead of impact players). But now with the addition of Walker, a guy that will compliment Triplett very well, my confidence has returned.

Here's why:

Defense:

DE: Kelsay, Schobel, Hargrove, and Denney
DT: Tripplet, Walker, McCargo, Williams (buh-bye Timmy Andersuck)
LB: Ellison, Crowell, Haggan, DiGiorgio, Wire
- hardly seems great, but if the Bills have a chance at nabbing Willis in the first round, then all is forgotten.
CB: McGee, Thomas, Youboty (this is my only gripe on this D. I belive we a good starter here too.)
SS: Whitner, Leonard/Wire
FS: Simpson, Leonard

Offense:

The offensive line roster is the best it's been in recent years. Dockery upgrades the interior line without having to play a single down. I'm a little worried about the right tackle position, but we will see what the FA cat has dragged in out of Oakland. Maybe Langston will be a suprize addition. I liked the Cieslak additon last year and I wouldn't be suprised to see him pass Royal on the depth chart this season.

I think we are just fine at WR. Evans is going to be one of the best in the business, and the rest just need to be hard working agressors milking defensive zones.

Obvioulsy the Bills need to address their running situation. Signing Chris Brown would only be a band-aid, and Damion Shelton is just not that good at FB.

RB is one of those positions that can easily be filled in the draft, where as lineman tend to take longer to develop. Signing a good RB in the 2nd, isn't a bad move. Especially if the youngin' can ride along the side of an A-Train for a year taking time to develop appropriately.

So, right now, my biggest concern for this team is:

A) LB
B) RB
C) CB

I can see the Bills addressing these positions in the draft accordingly. I gives me hope, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to this draft.

OpIv37
03-26-2007, 09:13 PM
my concern is that this team has a lot of holes and by the time we get them all plugged, positions that aren't holes now will become holes via age/FA, etc (like LB this year).

I'm glad we addressed the OL and we added at least one DT- I'm not sure if it will be enough but at the very least it's a baby step in the right direction.

I'm dead-set against going CB early in the draft. Any young CB is going to take their lumps on the field and I'd rather get LB and RB squared away and see what we have in Youboty. A later-round CB for depth and/or camp competition is a good idea- K Thomas is limited and won't be around much longer.

RedEyE
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
my concern is that this team has a lot of holes and by the time we get them all plugged, positions that aren't holes now will become holes via age/FA, etc (like LB this year).

I'm glad we addressed the OL and we added at least one DT- I'm not sure if it will be enough but at the very least it's a baby step in the right direction.

I'm dead-set against going CB early in the draft. Any young CB is going to take their lumps on the field and I'd rather get LB and RB squared away and see what we have in Youboty. A later-round CB for depth and/or camp competition is a good idea- K Thomas is limited and won't be around much longer.

Agreed. Thankfully I think that it's going to be easier to plug the LB and RB holes with impact players using this draft then having to sift through DL and OL and then taking unecesary years developing them.

The Bills now have a solid shot at grabbing a damn good LB or a damn good RB in the 1st round of this draft. It's like having a primary and a secondary move in a chess match. You don't have to throw all your eggs in one basket and can let the draft evolve your pick rather then grasping lower rated players that shouldn't be drafted at a 12 overall position.

SquishDaFish
03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Great thread. That makes me feel even better for the season. Great Rotational DL. Pick up one fo the top 3 LBs in the `1st or 2nd and have another overall good draft and we will be good. Even better would be trading for Briggs lol

HHURRICANE
03-26-2007, 09:54 PM
LB: Ellison, Crowell, Haggan, DiGiorgio, Wire

:puke:

Philagape
03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
The fate of the defense now depends on who we draft at LB. We already needed a killer draft to be a contender, and now even more so.

BILLSROCK1212
03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
This d-line may be one of the best in the league.....secondary is young and pretty darn good with a lot of potential....LBers are our biggest need if we could address it in FA we would be GREAT going into the draft.....Lance Briggs? porbably and maybe even hopefully not but Boss Bailey maybe.....we'll have to wait and see

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Lance Briggs isn't happening if the Redskins thing is true (offering the #6 overall pick in the draft for him) - if it is, I hope the Redskins get him - he's not worth that much - I don't even know that Briggs would want to play in Washington.

justasportsfan
03-26-2007, 11:26 PM
It's amazing how one move has increased my confidence in the direction the Bills are headed. .
It's amazing how one move can shut up the whiners for maybe a day, tops.

Sorry, I tried to take the high road but i can't hold it any longer, the whiners deserve every thing thrown to their face. They didn't learn when they whined about the OL too soon only to find out Marv was already working on it. Now this.

Anyone see Moran around? What a joke.

jamze132
03-27-2007, 04:13 AM
I bet we add two LBs on Day 1 of the draft.