PDA

View Full Version : So uhhhhh Marv....

Devin
03-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Any chance with all this loot floating around you can go ahead and lock up Evans?

dolphan117
03-26-2007, 09:59 PM
How many years does he have left? If its just one then I would absolutly agree with you. Locking up your young stars early is a must these days with the way FA is going.

HHURRICANE
03-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Lee Evans is a keeper. Imagine if we hadn't signed Peters to an extension?

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 10:01 PM
or negotiate with the Bears for Briggs?

Devin
03-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Evans deal is through 08 I believe but I think he can void the last year. So this comign season :pray:

He is gonna command some serious loot.

dolphan117
03-26-2007, 10:06 PM
IDK, if the Bears are already being offered the 6th pick for Brigs and the 31st you would have to give up more then that to get him. Would you be willing to give up your first as well as say a 3rd? The one you got for Willis perhaps?

dolphan117
03-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Evans deal is through 08 I believe but I think he can void the last year. So this comign season :pray:

He is gonna command some serious loot.If he can void the last year then yeah, you better lock him up, preferably before the season starts. If you wait untill mid season to start working on an extension you run the risk of having the season not go so well and that figuring into his dicision to return or not. Plus the longer you wait the more his agent is whispering in his ear the numbers of what he will make in FA if he just waits to cash in just a little longer.....

ublinkwescore
03-28-2007, 11:18 AM
IDK, if the Bears are already being offered the 6th pick for Brigs and the 31st you would have to give up more then that to get him. Would you be willing to give up your first as well as say a 3rd? The one you got for Willis perhaps?

Nope, the redskins can have him under those circumstances...

Unless (which I seriously doubt is a possibility - since Briggs has slammed the Bears management) Briggs really wants to come here, and he begs, *****es and whines to the Bears to talk to us about a possible trade.