PDA

View Full Version : Wow, just....wow

X-Era
03-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, now that I have officially lit my "this is what the Bills will do this offseason" essay on fire.....Huh.

OK, regrouping....reprouping....Im back.

Alright. So, heres where we are now.

I think its still very much in the mix that we go RB in the first with Lynch.

Why? Willis may be gone, if not, I still could see Lynch over him. I think its important to remember that we are down 1 starter. Crowell was a starter, moving Fletch AND Spikes makes us still down 1 starter because Ellison started after the Crowell injury. I think OLB is still more likely than ILB. Its a deeper position.

I wish we would have given Spikes another shot. We didnt. I dont know how we dont feel our LB corp is weak now. I think we will.

RB is every bit in the mix still to me at 12. But yes, if Willis drops, I see us taking him now.

Devin
03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
lol @ Lynch.

If Willis is there and we take Lynch im going to judo chop Marv right in the neck.

HHURRICANE
03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
We take Willis. If he's gone than we take Lynch. I can live with either outcome. The Bills improved with this trade.

tat2dmike77
03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
If willis is there at 12 take him then take pittman in the 2nd rd

X-Era
03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
lol @ Lynch.

If Willis is there and we take Lynch im going to judo chop Marv right in the neck.

Ill tell ya what...Urlacher or Tomlinson?

You pick the two, I dont care. No way a stud RB is less important than a stud LB. A stud RB is MORE important.

A-Train? seriously? He can play, but hes not our feature RB.

The plan was supposed to be run and stop the run....We cut Willis, beefed the OL, lost 2 LB's and our best CB...

Somehow that means were better running and stopping the run?

Sorry, its both parts, Lynch helps us run day one, we havent doen anything other than Walker to stop the run.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah I would be happy with Willis or Lynch.

ublinkwescore
03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I want Lynch because he gives us a more complete O - where as the D would take quite a few picks to shore up - to me, it gives us our best chance to make the playoffs this year because it will help keep our D off the field.

Devin
03-26-2007, 11:17 PM

You pick the two, I dont care. No way a stud RB is less important than a stud LB. A stud RB is MORE important.

The plan was supposed to be run and stop the run....We cut Willis, beefed the OL, lost 2 LB's and our best CB...

Sorry, its both parts, Lynch helps us run day one, we havent doen anything other than Walker to stop the run.

Urlacher. Because Willis is more apt to fit that profile. Truth be told I dont think Lynch will end up being the 1st or 2nd best RB in this draft.

I am content to weait til next years draft. See silly me id like both.

jamze132
03-27-2007, 04:19 AM
Not sure if I would annoint Lynch as the next LT.

Of the two, I would rather have Willis. We can get another RB later that can arguably be just as productive.

X-Era
03-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Not sure if I would annoint Lynch as the next LT.

Of the two, I would rather have Willis. We can get another RB later that can arguably be just as productive.

Thats not what I meant, its a comparison of which position means more to the team.

Tinboy
03-27-2007, 06:13 AM
I say we go for Posluszny in the first, Michael Bush in the 2nd and Buster Davis in the 3rd. Or perhaps Buster Davis in the 2nd and Kenny Irons in the 3rd.

YardRat
03-27-2007, 06:16 AM

Running and stopping the run starts in the trenches.

The team has paid attention to both lines this off-season.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 06:21 AM
I say we go for Posluszny in the first, Michael Bush in the 2nd and Buster Davis in the 3rd. Or perhaps Buster Davis in the 2nd and Kenny Irons in the 3rd.
Pos is a bum and I will be sick if we took him.

It's Patrick Willis.

X-Era
03-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Running and stopping the run starts in the trenches.

The team has paid attention to both lines this off-season.

My comment was that we havent done anything to stop the run. Not completely true. This may have been a 2 year plan...last year we added 4 new DT's, and a C. This year we have added 2 new OL starters, maybe 3, resigned a DE, and now traded for a DT.

I think the work on the lines is about over, maybe another OG in mid rounds to battle Whittle and Preston.

Now we need to get LB's and a RB.

Out of that, I feel a gamechanging RB is more critical.

Jan Reimers
03-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Posluszny is at best a 2nd round talent at OLB. I wouldn't touch him in the first round.

Devin
03-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Pos is a bum and I will be sick if we took him.

It's Patrick Willis.

How is Poz a bum?

jamze132
03-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Thats not what I meant, its a comparison of which position means more to the team.
And I think that Willis will help this team more than Lynch. Both are good and I would love to have both, but would rather have Willis. I think he would make a more immediate impact that Lynch. It's easier to find a productive RB than it is to find a productive MLB for a cover 2.

Devin
03-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Put it this way.

I believe RB's are a whole lot easier to replace then a franchise calibur MLB. Which I think WIllis will be. And since Lynch imo wont be a LT, LJ, Edge....etc type back I wouldnt lose any sleep over not picking him.

mysticsoto
03-27-2007, 07:47 AM

Isn't Michael Bush going to require another surgery??? Which means he will likely contribute very little this year. Taking Bush for us would be idiotic. Buster Davis will not last to the 3rd rd when he is something like the 3rd best MLB out there...I do like Kenny Irons in the 3rd though...

Tinboy
03-27-2007, 08:48 AM
As i wrote in another thread trade down to get Posluszny.