PDA

View Full Version : Eagles fan here. My take on Walker

Route36West
03-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Salve, Bills Nation!

Eagles fan here. Just wanted to give you my opinion on Walker from watching him every game for years now.

Walker is a pass rushing DT. He is strong and has a quick burst. He can get to the QB and penetrate well. His problem is consistency. For example, in a span of 3 games, he'll have like 5 or 6 sacks, and then you won't hear from him for 6 weeks. He is not a good run stopper. He can get completely taken out of plays when he is in one of his slumps. When he is playing well, he is decent against the run, but not great. He usually plays well in games that are hyped. Like last season(2006) he had a huge game against the HIGHLY anticipated Cowboys game. He was completely a non-factor in the playoffs though.

Overall you are getting a solid DT, if you use him right. He won't stop the run, but will get to the QB, and when he is in a zone he will be very good. Again, his only problem is consistency. Unfortunately, as of late, he has been bad more often than good. It isn't like he is always bad, but just hope that he doesn't hit his slumps at crucial times in the season.

Good luck in 07!

Tinboy
03-27-2007, 01:44 AM
Thanks for taking your time!

clumping platelets
03-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the insight :up:

CuseJetsFan83
03-27-2007, 02:09 AM
yeah being in syracuse the eagles/giants are shown on fox all the time.......

walker is pretty much the way rte36w said......... then again alot of players recently have been like that

i really think walker could do really well in buffalo!

YardRat
03-27-2007, 02:10 AM
He better.

Night Train
03-27-2007, 02:34 AM
That's fair.

The ability is there but consistency is needed. He'll be part of a rotation at the 1 gap and needs a kick in the pants from the Coaches. That's doable.

evol4276
03-27-2007, 02:39 AM
he's an upgrade on we have now vet-wise. lets dumb anderson now PLEASE!

jamze132
03-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Walker immediatley inproves our D-line rotation. No more Timmy!