PDA

View Full Version : Bills Likely To Stay In Buffalo

deathadder
03-27-2007, 05:39 AM
By a vote of 30 to 2, revenue sharing has been approved by the National Football League owners meeting in Arizona today. It should be financial stability for the Bills and keep them in Western New York according to Senator Charles Schumer.
"The National Football League owners just voted 30 to 2 to provide revenue sharing for the small market teams,"said Schumer. "And the great news for us is that means the Bills will stay in Buffalo."
The plan calls for the top 15 revenue producing clubs to provide financial help to the smaller market clubs. It's beem almost a year since the new CBA was agreed upon.

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2271

Tinboy
03-27-2007, 05:41 AM
Sounds good! :dance:

LtFinFan66
03-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Who were the 2?? Ralph and the Bengals owner:idunno:

deathadder
03-27-2007, 05:47 AM

i don't think ralph and bengals would disaprove. They were the ones who brought the deal to the owners to vote. I think it was the big revenue owners such as the redskins and cowboys.. anything to stop the lower revenue teams from having their money.

Ickybaluky

The Bengals and Jaguars.

Both wanted a plan that gave money to any team that spends more than 65% of their revenue on player salaries. They didn't want any other qualifiers. The Bengals are one of the most profitable teams in the NFL, and they were looking for another handout. I'm not sure what the Jaguars were thinking.

Wilson approved the plan.

Ebenezer
this helps the Bills...why would RW vote against it?

Ebenezer
Bills To Stay In Buffalo

until Ralph dies....

deathadder
03-27-2007, 05:53 AM
Just wanted to add that it is also on the Bills site:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4682

LtFinFan66
03-27-2007, 05:54 AM
i don't think ralph and bengals would disaprove. They were the ones who brought the deal to the owners to vote. I think it was the big revenue owners such as the redskins and cowboys.. anything to stop the lower revenue teams from having their money.I know. I was kidding. They were the two to vote against the new CBA last year (which I know didn't help them)

Jan Reimers
03-27-2007, 05:55 AM
until Ralph dies....
But it also makes the franchise more attractive to new local ownership when Ralph passes, so it at least increases the chances of the Bills' staying.

G. Host
03-27-2007, 05:55 AM
And it is only until 2009 which we need to go thru the whole issue again in three or less years.

Ebenezer
03-27-2007, 06:04 AM
But it also makes the franchise more attractive to new local ownership when Ralph passes, so it at least increases the chances of the Bills' staying.
and what local business person is going to pony up $1Bil?

Night Train
03-27-2007, 06:09 AM

Person(s),I'd be guessing. We'll see if his daughters keep it or not. The inheritence tax is negotiable, in the grand scheme of politics and big business.

There is currently ZERO cities in North America looking for an NFL football team. Los Angeles wasn't even on the owners agenda this week. No stadium plan or buyers.

Jan Reimers
03-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Not sure. Perhaps a consortium. Just saying it's not a forgone conclusion that the Bills will leave, and the new revenue sharing plan is a positive.

Many naysayers had the Sabres leaving a few years ago, and now they're one of the top success stories in all of sports.

I'm just too old to believe that anything except death and taxes - including the Bills' moving - is inevitable.

Mitchy moo
03-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Personally I now believe that the Bills have as good a shot as any team to stay in their respective city.

A owner passing away does mean change but not necessary the team to move (I.E. bucs).

Carlton Bailey
03-27-2007, 06:26 AM
If anything, it'll be Jacksonville that moves. That franchise has been floundering for a few years now, and voting against this doesn't seem to bode well.

Stewie
03-27-2007, 06:51 AM
its a good idea in theory, I just hope they closed the loopholes, like when the redskins charge some sort of "fee" to season ticket holders in addition to the face ticket value, because only the ticket price gets shared as a gate receipt, etc

jamze132
03-27-2007, 07:31 AM
This isn't a permanent fix as we will have to go through all of this in a couple of years but it is at least a step in the right direction. I just hope that when the time comes, Golisano steps up to the plate. I love what he has done with the Sabres.

Stewie
03-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Person(s),I'd be guessing. We'll see if his daughters keep it or not. The inheritence tax is negotiable, in the grand scheme of politics and big business.

There is currently ZERO cities in North America looking for an NFL football team. Los Angeles wasn't even on the owners agenda this week. No stadium plan or buyers.

THere is absolutely no way the NFL will not have a team in Los Angeles when it's time to negotiate the next round of TV contract s.

Dude
03-27-2007, 07:49 AM
The Bengals and Jaguars.

Both wanted a plan that gave money to any team that spends more than 65% of their revenue on player salaries. They didn't want any other qualifiers. The Bengals are one of the most profitable teams in the NFL, and they were looking for another handout. I'm not sure what the Jaguars were thinking.

Wilson approved the plan.I'm so sick and tired of listening to Mike Brown whine and complain about how the Bengals can't compete financially. They make money hand over fist, and he chooses not to be creative with the cap.

I applaud Ralph Wilson for not joining ranks with Mike Brown on this one.