PDA

View Full Version : Here's hoping the '08 draft is a good one

CSFAN
03-27-2007, 06:31 AM
I have no idea what next year's crop of recruits is going to look like, but if it's a strong class, the Bills' moves this offseason will really pay off.

If memory serves, this is how the Pats USED to build their championship teams...loading up high-round draft picks via trades, and snagging the occasional veteran via free agency to fill a hole.

I can't help myself. I feel optimistic. Maybe I AM a homer...

X-Era
03-27-2007, 06:36 AM
I have no idea what next year's crop of recruits is going to look like, but if it's a strong class, the Bills' moves this offseason will really pay off.

If memory serves, this is how the Pats USED to build their championship teams...loading up high-round draft picks via trades, and snagging the occasional veteran via free agency to fill a hole.

I can't help myself. I feel optimistic. Maybe I AM a homer...

I like the trades, but they cost us. We are not the Pats, they traded from a position of strength, we didnt. The viable replacements arent here.

No, I see this as a scripted plan to change the team to fit a new model that uses our schemes.

Thats not the same as shooting a hundred darts because one of them ought to hit. The Pats can afford to do that, we cant.

Night Train
03-27-2007, 06:54 AM
The draft class in 2008 is uber strong in RB's. That I do know.

The conditional pick pick in yesterdays trade is only a 7th rounder, according to reports. Add in a 3rd for McGahee and we have 9 picks so far in 2008.