PDA

View Full Version : Spikes/Walker Trade; My take?

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Considering that I didn't expect the Bills to get any value at all for Spikes, I can't sit here and say necessarily it was a bad trade. To be able to dump Holcomb's salary (useless with Nall as the backup) is the most underated aspect of the trade.

AT least in part, Im a fan of Walker. I first posted a thread about him on here March 22nd. Did you think I would post something without taking credit for the discovery!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=122880&highlight=darwin+walker

The Good News: Walker can get after the quarterback. From a pressure standpoint he's perfect for a cover two. As I've already said prior to the trade, he had more sacks than all Bills DT's combined. He'll rotate with Tripplett and if nothing else we won't lose any production in our rotation from the 3-Technique spot.

The Bad News: He's undersized and weak against the run, which is basically the same problem as all of our DT's. Having DT's who can pass rush is great, but what good does that do if a team is running the ball down your throat all game?

The TRUE KEY to this front four suddenly becomes John McCargo. He has to be able to play the 1-Gap NT spot real well. IF he does, our DT spot gets a lot better. IF he doesnt' we're in HUGE trouble as trading for Walker means no run-first DT will be taken in the draft.

The other good news about the trade is we have a new rotation player PLUS have some extra money to hopefully sign 1-2 more players before the draft.

If I had my way, I wouldn't have made the trade. I think Spikes is going to be back and really good for Philly... From a personal standpoint, I hope he plays great, I've always liked him a lot.

But being totally unbiased, I can't really complain about the trade because compared to what I expected (salary dump) I think the Bills got real good value with the deal.

Earthquake Enyart
03-27-2007, 09:39 AM
This is too funny. Pat yourself on the back for saying we should get Walker, then dis the trade when it happens.

This post is a douche.

gil
03-27-2007, 09:40 AM
but I thought it was 100% completely totally about a salary dump?

jamesiscool
03-27-2007, 09:44 AM
not worth my time. all i can see is you looking for somethonge else to complain about.

last week u said we shoud "cut our losses" with McCargo.

make up yur damn mind.

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 09:48 AM
This is too funny. Pat yourself on the back for saying we should get Walker, then dis the trade when it happens.

This post is a douche.
he's trying to save face for all the *****ing he did. I's the same old thing when he *****ed about the OL.

acehole
03-27-2007, 09:51 AM
We are also forgetting the money we save may come in handy for the June cuts....

Considering that I didn't expect the Bills to get any value at all for Spikes, I can't sit here and say necessarily it was a bad trade. To be able to dump Holcomb's salary (useless with Nall as the backup) is the most underated aspect of the trade.

AT least in part, Im a fan of Walker. I first posted a thread about him on here March 22nd. Did you think I would post something without taking credit for the discovery!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=122880&highlight=darwin+walker

The Good News: Walker can get after the quarterback. From a pressure standpoint he's perfect for a cover two. As I've already said prior to the trade, he had more sacks than all Bills DT's combined. He'll rotate with Tripplett and if nothing else we won't lose any production in our rotation from the 3-Technique spot.

The Bad News: He's undersized and weak against the run, which is basically the same problem as all of our DT's. Having DT's who can pass rush is great, but what good does that do if a team is running the ball down your throat all game?

The TRUE KEY to this front four suddenly becomes John McCargo. He has to be able to play the 1-Gap NT spot real well. IF he does, our DT spot gets a lot better. IF he doesnt' we're in HUGE trouble as trading for Walker means no run-first DT will be taken in the draft.

The other good news about the trade is we have a new rotation player PLUS have some extra money to hopefully sign 1-2 more players before the draft.

If I had my way, I wouldn't have made the trade. I think Spikes is going to be back and really good for Philly... From a personal standpoint, I hope he plays great, I've always liked him a lot.

But being totally unbiased, I can't really complain about the trade because compared to what I expected (salary dump) I think the Bills got real good value with the deal.

Philagape
03-27-2007, 09:52 AM
-- McCargo was the key to the DL long before the trade

-- I bet anything Holcomb is the reason this trade happened. Without him, it wasn't enough of a salary purge.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 09:55 AM
You can all bite me, especially you EE.

* I never said I take credit for Walker, it was SARCASM and anyone who thinks different is ridiculous. HOwever, did I or did I NOT make a thread about Walker on here first, a week before the trade was made. Talk all the **** you want, there's the thread.. Not opinion its FACT. Look it up for yourself.

* I didnt say cut your losses with McCargo (Jamesiscool) as in cut him. I said at the time cut your losses, but taking Okoye if he's on the board.
* You obviously read ONLY what you want to read, as usual. I admitted I DIDNT EXPECT much from a Spikes trade, I DID expect a salary dump (Gilbert), so in that regard's I'm pleasantly surprised with this trade, and I said just that.

I'm starting to think that as a few of you think I "get off" by *****ing in here, the same people get off just as much by your *****ing when you don't even READ what I wrote.

I called this a good trade considering. I called Dockery a good signing. I blasted Kelsay signing and some other stuff, and that's the way it will continue to be with me. If I like a move I will express, if I dont, I will do the same.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 09:56 AM
he's trying to save face for all the *****ing he did. I's the same old thing when he *****ed about the OL.
http://silverchips.mbhs.edu/gr/sep2005/1000070.jpg

Earthquake Enyart
03-27-2007, 09:59 AM
You can all bite me, especially you EE.

* I never said I take credit for Walker, it was SARCASM and anyone who thinks different is ridiculous. HOwever, did I or did I NOT make a thread about Walker on here first, a week before the trade was made. Talk all the **** you want, there's the thread.. Not opinion its FACT. Look it up for yourself.

* I didnt say cut your losses with McCargo (Jamesiscool) as in cut him. I said at the time cut your losses, but taking Okoye if he's on the board.
* You obviously read ONLY what you want to read, as usual. I admitted I DIDNT EXPECT much from a Spikes trade, I DID expect a salary dump (Gilbert), so in that regard's I'm pleasantly surprised with this trade, and I said just that.

I'm starting to think that as a few of you think I "get off" by *****ing in here, the same people get off just as much by your *****ing when you don't even READ what I wrote.

I called this a good trade considering. I called Dockery a good signing. I blasted Kelsay signing and some other stuff, and that's the way it will continue to be with me. If I like a move I will express, if I dont, I will do the same.
You're just another one of these guys who set themselves up so that Marv can do nothing right. You make up unrealistic scenarios then bash Marv when they don't happen.

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 10:01 AM
http://silverchips.mbhs.edu/gr/sep2005/1000070.jpg

Juvenile response from someone who got caught sticking his head up his ass.

Give me a break, you're credibility around here is a joke. You deserve every criticism for acting like Mr. Iknowitall AKA ICEwannabe.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
How did I get caught with my head up my ass?
Because I praised a trade Levy made? I thought Spikes would be a salary dump and to my surprise, we got value for him and I F'n EXPRESSED that in this thread. The only thing I said about Walker is I started a thread about him a week before the trade.. Is that NOT a fact? Is that a false statement?
And because I or someone else on here makes commments about moves Marv makes that we dont like, I"m not allowed to praise a move that I do like?
Get a clue.. And like Im concerned about what a goof with a Mr Bean avatar thinks of my "credibility". ha

Dr. Lecter
03-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Ok, Ok. We get the point everyone.

Let's battle a little less.

HAMMER
03-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Nobody cares nearly as much as you think Pat, get over yourself.

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 10:10 AM

Good post. I've said in other threads that I'm 50/50 on whether we should have traded Spikes, but if we were going to do it, this was a pretty good move.

I don't know what to think about our DT rotation at this point. Like you say, Walker is more or less Triplett, albeit perhaps a better Triplett. Which means McCargo's got to be playing the 1-Gap unless a) we're going to go three deep on the other side with Triplett/McCargo/Walker or b) we're giving up on either McCargo or Triplett, and still plan on drafting a 1-Gap DT to play with KW. I find option b hard to believe, and so you're likely right: McCargo better be in the gym right now, prefarably eating while he works out.

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Because I praised a trade Levy made? I thought Spikes would be a salary dump and to my surprise, we got value for him and I F'n EXPRESSED that in this thread. The only thing I said about Walker is I started a thread about him a week before the trade.. Is that NOT a fact? Is that a false statement?
And because I or someone else on here makes commments about moves Marv makes that we dont like, I"m not allowed to praise a move that I do like?
Get a clue.. And like Im concerned about what a goof with a Mr Bean avatar thinks of my "credibility". ha

what's that sound in the background? flipflopflipflopflipflopflipflopflop.....

Your posts are starting to look like my avatar.

feelthepain
03-27-2007, 10:14 AM

Good post, more proof that even Bill fans arent allowed to be realistic about the Bills....frikin sad!!

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Ok, Ok. We get the point everyone.

Let's battle a little less.

OK I'm done.

jamesiscool
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Good post, more proof that even Bill fans arent allowed to be realistic about the Bills....frikin sad!!

we'll be more realistic after u get a lil more realistic towards yur own team.

alohabillsfan
03-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I am only going to write this in this thread...

The Bills will get L. Briggs...
The Bills will get M. Turner
The Bills will get C. Brown
The Bills will get A. Wilson
The Bills will get L. Betts
The Bills will get D. Carr

There, when it happens I can say I told you so, but I only will do it in this thread, not start a new one every 30 mins!

Philagape
03-27-2007, 10:38 AM

There, when it happens I can say I told you so, but I only will do it in this thread, not start a new one every 30 mins!

When all that happens, I'll give you alone the credit :up:

feelthepain
03-27-2007, 10:42 AM
we'll be more realistic after u get a lil more realistic towards yur own team.

OK show me where I'm not being realistic about the Dolphins!

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 10:48 AM
you know, Pat plays lightning rod with frequent, strong opinions that piss a lot of us off. But this was a pretty good thread, and its been more or less ruined by dumb personal attacks.

feelthepain
03-27-2007, 10:55 AM
you know, Pat plays lightning rod with frequent, strong opinions that piss a lot of us off. But I thought this was a good thread, and its been more or less ruined by dumb personal attacks.

A sad fact when not posting homer thoughts 24/7.

Bulldog
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
A sad fact when not posting homer thoughts 24/7.

Go screw yourself. You're the biggest homer I've ever seen.

feelthepain
03-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Go screw yourself. You're the biggest homer I've ever seen.

Oh boo hoo you big meanie Dolphin fan!! Go away or I'll tell my mommy!!!

Bulldog
03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Oh boo hoo you big meanie Dolphin fan!! Go away or I'll tell my mommy!!!

OK homer! 0-2

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Much better guys.

mysticsoto
03-27-2007, 01:03 PM
OK show me where I'm not being realistic about the Dolphins!

Where to begin?

The fins are further along in the rebuild process, the experts have to make a choice. Since the game is in Miami and Miami has the more experienced QB who does have three probowl apperances under his belt and the other QB has never even thrown for 300 yards in a game, it's not rocket science. You take the odds.

After the 1st game of the 2006 season:

Give the fins a few games and their O will be scarry!!

Random posts from before the season:

The Oline will be fine, I think our QB's are a huge upgrade so far this preseason. I also think our "old" Dline is better then Carolina's.

Maybe I will when you deal with the fact your team is the worst in the division.

Do you not see a difference between HC and OC?? In Buffalo Mularkey was what?? Say it with me.....H e a d C o a c h! In Miami Mularkey is what??? Comon Billy, say it with me......O f f e n s i v e C o o r d i n a t o r!!!

Now you say with me, FTP...T i g h t E n d s C o a c h.

Well since all we have to work with is what players have done, it's a no brainer to say no QB on the Bills roster is better then Joey. He has the passing yards and the most experience of the four QB's we are talking about. Harrington, Losman, Holcomb and Nall. Joey also has at least one full season of very good success. None of the QB's on the Bills roster has that. This isn't about knocking the Bills QB's it's about qaulity of QB's on each team. Miami has more quality in both starting and backup.

So the Bills are on track to improve, but the Fins aren't?? Miami went from the 28th oline to 15th in just one season under Houck. I'll promise you we'll be better this year. Saban is in his second season with this team the players know what to expect they won't be learning new schemes this year. MM is a very good OC he may be a good HC, but he didn't have much to work with last year so the jury still out on that one. Randy Moss isn't the player he used to be, maybe because he doesn't have a QB as good as Culpepper throwing him the ball, Randy always seems to be injured. We have Chambers and Booker both probowl WR's add a probowl QB to the mix and we have the chance to be scary. You don't have to agree, infact I think it's a good sign you refuse to see it, it's very telling. Enjoy the season, I know the fins will.

I could go on, but there is so much material...I could be here hours...

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 01:14 PM
OWNED!!!!!!

Gunzlingr
03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
How did the Dumbfins enjoy their magical season, I wonder?

feelthepain
03-27-2007, 01:19 PM
OK homer! 0-2

Good to see the effect of years of losing has lowered your expectaions to just two games.

Jan Reimers
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I think some of us are taking ourselves, our football knowledge and our posts just a little too seriously.

We're just fans, for pete's sake. I don't even take my job as seriously as some of you seem to take the stuff on this message board.

Bulldog
03-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I think some of us are taking ourselves, our football knowledge and our posts just a little too seriously.

We're just fans, for pete's sake. I don't even take my job as seriously as some of you seem to take the stuff on this message board.

I don't take a whole lot seriously. I just find it laughable that the biggest homer on this site is calling out Bills fans for being homers. FTP is nothing more than a TROLL in every sense of the word.

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
I don't take a whole lot seriously. I just find it laughable that the biggest homer on this site is calling out Bills fans for being homers. FTP is nothing more than a TROLL in every sense of the word.

Cause you're one of the biggest crying whinning babies on this site. You can't stand anyone saying one bad word about the Bills and you can't stand anyone saying one good word about the fins. Why don't you stop crying for a change. Stinkin little baby. Your mommy needs to give you a box of tissue and check your diaper a little more often, cause all the crying you do can't possibly be football forum related only, or else you're PMSing 24/7.

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Good to see the effect of years of losing has lowered your expectaions to just two games.

I'll take sweep of you guys any year. Playoffs 1a if i can't get that, squish the fish is high 1b

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
I'll take sweep of you guys any year. Playoffs 1a if i can't get that, squish the fish is high 1b

What about just a winning season!!

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
What about just a winning season!!

I won't lie that would be nice.

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I won't lie that would be nice.

As it should be.

jpdex12
03-28-2007, 11:40 AM

You beat me to this post! Exactly what I was thinking when I read "I told you about the Walker trade"...