PDA

View Full Version : The Three Moves For DRaft Day now

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Given the deal for Spikes yesterday and the pickup of Walker at DT.

1. Start praying now that this man falls to us at #12. No surprise here. After dealing Spikes, it's gotta be Patrick Willis.
http://www.draftinsiders.com/gallery/thumbnails/Willis_Patrick101505.JPG

2. Trade back into the late first round, giving up the 2nd and 3rd (like last year) and grabbing Wr Sidney Rice
http://www.draftinsiders.com/system/files/images/Sidney_Rice.jpg

3. Trade this year's #3 and next year's #2 to San Diego for Michael Turner.
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/09/17/chargers.jpg

That's about as sick as this team can get on day one of the draft, IMO. Rice and Turner gives this club two amazing weapons for Losman, and it's pretty obvious what Willis brings to the table. You lose a second rounder next year. IMO, Turner is worth it (I dont buy into that concede 2007 and get a good RB next year theory--Turner's gonna be the bomb)

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2007, 10:22 AM
I would love this. I would be very excited if we could pull it off. There are many other scenarios I would be happy with though!

jamesiscool
03-27-2007, 10:23 AM
i actually agree with pat on this one. good post.

Ed
03-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Not bad, but I don't like the idea of using four draft picks on two players.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Three if ya count Turner.

Ed
03-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Three if ya count Turner.
I was counting Turner. A 2nd and 3rd for Rice, and a 2nd and 3rd for Turner. That's four total picks for two guys.

casdhf
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't want Turner. He's a FA after the season. If we can get an extension in place ahead of time, fine ... but no contract = no trade

ghz in pittsburgh
03-27-2007, 10:39 AM
1. - Will happen
2. - not gonna. Marv hated to trade up last year. He's not going to do this year with so many holes.
3. - not even in their dreams. The days of using first day draft picks to trade for players are gone from this regime - and Ralph, period. No more Donahoe-ism! These picks are quality and CHEAP players critical to teams like Buffalo.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 10:39 AM
i dont think we'd trade for turner without a new deal in place.. We have extra money now as well.

Turner reminds me a lot of Priest Holmes

casdhf
03-27-2007, 10:40 AM
and it would have to be a reasonable deal for a career backup ... none of this garbage Matt Shaub or Rob Johnson got.

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 10:54 AM
I like it. Not sure if Sidney Rice is the wideout I'd take in the late first round if we traded up, especially if Bowe or Meacham is still on the board. But generally speaking, that'd be a great first day of the draft.

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Or instead of trading up for a WR, maybe TE Olsen?

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I like it. Not sure if Sidney Rice is the wideout I'd take in the late first round if we traded up, especially if Bowe or Meacham is still on the board. But generally speaking, that'd be a great first day of the draft.
Id take Bowe or meacham as well before Rice, but I think they'd both be gone by that 25th or so spot.

alohabillsfan
03-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I like Willis at 12 but would rather see this,

Sign C. Brown

12 RB Lynch
43 CB McCauley
74 OLB Black
92 OLB Durant
112 RB M. Bush

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I like Willis at 12 but would rather see this,

Sign C. Brown

12 RB Lynch
43 CB McCauley
74 OLB Black
92 OLB Durant
112 RB M. Bush
and your starting OLB besides Ellison is who? Black or Durant?

alohabillsfan
03-27-2007, 11:19 AM
and your starting OLB besides Ellison is who? Black or Durant?

Actually Durant played MLB so he would be just like Crowell able to play SLB and MLB, Black would battle Ellison for WLB.

It just takes a little research

Just seeing who would be the first to take the bait!

gr8slayer
03-27-2007, 11:45 AM
I would be very happy with that.

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 12:00 PM
2. Trade back into the late first round, giving up the 2nd and 3rd (like last year) and grabbing Wr Sidney Rice

Nice. I'd love for JP to have another weapon now that he has protection.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Nice. I'd love for JP to have another weapon now that he has protection.I always knew there was a reason I liked you.

As great as Lee Evans is, he cant be the ONLY weapon on this team.. I am SURE that teams are going to come at us with a "somebody other than Evans will beat us today" attitude.

Devin
03-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Pat you and I finally agree on something.

Someone might have mentioned this scenario before though.......

acehole
03-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Like it alot...except we should take best available WR in the second round instead of trading up (Rice) may very well be there in the second. If GB take a RB in the first round the price for turner goes down very much so I am thinking Ravens 3rd rounder and maybe a conditional pick next year. If they say no we can just go RBBC until next year when he will be a FA and we also have the draft that is very deep at RB. I also think there will be alot of cover 2 OLB and ILB that can be had later in the draft so going offense would not be the end of the world.

1. Start praying now that this man falls to us at #12. No surprise here. After dealing Spikes, it's gotta be Patrick Willis.

That's about as sick as this team can get on day one of the draft, IMO. Rice and Turner gives this club two amazing weapons for Losman, and it's pretty obvious what Willis brings to the table. You lose a second rounder next year. IMO, Turner is worth it (I dont buy into that concede 2007 and get a good RB next year theory--Turner's gonna be the bomb)

DraftBoy
03-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Dont like the idea of moving back into Round 1 to be honest, rather sit in Round 2 and take WR (Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, or Rice will be there at our pick, imo). Or wait till Round 3 and take super sleeper Jacoby Jones.

I dont mind dealing a 3rd and a conditional pick next year for Turner

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Dont like the idea of moving back into Round 1 to be honest, rather sit in Round 2 and take WR (Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, or Rice will be there at our pick, imo). Or wait till Round 3 and take super sleeper Jacoby Jones.

I dont mind dealing a 3rd and a conditional pick next year for Turner
I agree with you.. If one of those guys are there at #43.. Cant see that happening though-- but this might be a really weird draft.

DraftBoy
03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I agree with you.. If one of those guys are there at #43.. Cant see that happening though-- but this might be a really weird draft.

How can you not see that happening?

Devin
03-27-2007, 12:18 PM
I kinda agree with DB think about this years WR class.....

Johnson
Ginn
Jarrett
Bowe
Meachum
Rice

Then you have guys like
Gonzales
Hill
Smith
Allison
Williams
Davis
Higgins

This is prob the deepest WR class in years, finding a guy wont be an issue. And I doubt the first 6 all go round 1.

patmoran2006
03-27-2007, 12:24 PM
How can you not see that happening?
I see the top Wr's dropping like flies starting around the early 20's when KC picks. I can DEF see SD taking a WR, Indy (they only have 3 on roster now).. Maybe SF in early round two. Oakland should they trade Moss.

Lots of possibilities.. I'd be ESTATIC to see any of the guys you mentioned fall into pick 43.

DraftBoy
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM
I see the top Wr's dropping like flies starting around the early 20's when KC picks. I can DEF see SD taking a WR, Indy (they only have 3 on roster now).. Maybe SF in early round two. Oakland should they trade Moss.

Lots of possibilities.. I'd be ESTATIC to see any of the guys you mentioned fall into pick 43.

KC will go D in my opinion but they got issues all over the boarder. San Diego likely will I agree with you. SF may if they dont in Round 1 but Im not sure. I dont see all 6 being gone by our pick in Round 2.

eyedog
03-27-2007, 12:30 PM
If Willis is gone at #12 I think they are taking Lynch or maybe even Poz. If it's Lynch they are going linebacker in the 2nd and one of the thirds. I can't see wr in the 2nd.
They need at least two lbs early in this draft.

Devin
03-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Honestly I think the opposite pat.

With so many WR's i think you will see 3 or so go round 1 then in round 2 probably a ton fly off the board.

mysticsoto
03-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I agree in that we should not trade up for a WR - there are plenty of WR depth that can be had even later if we wanted. I think it more important to settle the RB - The Turner trade would be okay with me I suppose, but I rather a #3 this year and a #3 next year. Turner hasn't proven to me he can take the rigors of a full season (though I think he likely can) so I wouldn't give them my 2nd next year. Especially since I may want a young stud franchise back next year instead.

jpdex12
03-28-2007, 11:56 AM

We don't need to trade back into the 1st to get a good WR!

I have thought about it before and while it would be nice to get another big time WR we only need a SOLID #2 WR.

WHy give up two first day draft picks for Turner when next year's draft is loaded with RB's? We really need to save all of our draft picks and use them this year.

Bert102176
03-28-2007, 12:09 PM
i dont think we'd trade for turner without a new deal in place.. We have extra money now as well.

Turner reminds me a lot of Priest Holmes

and where is Priest these days oh yeah ended up being injury prone

Bert102176
03-28-2007, 12:17 PM
If Willis is gone at #12 I think they are taking Lynch or maybe even Poz. If it's Lynch they are going linebacker in the 2nd and one of the thirds. I can't see wr in the 2nd.
They need at least two lbs early in this draft.

maybe, we have Stamer, Haggan, Wire, DiGiorgio, Harrison, Manning, as I feel they are only good backups as our starters are Crowell, and Ellison leaving 1 starting position so I'm thinking we only go LB once in the 1st 3 picks.

HAMMER
03-28-2007, 01:18 PM
and where is Priest these days oh yeah ended up being injury prone

Injury prone, no. He has a spinal injury, you have to be a little careful with those.