Why are so many of you saying that we must "PRAY" for Willis to be there at 12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Why are so many of you saying that we must "PRAY" for Willis to be there at 12?

Crowell is the new MLB. That is his natural position. Don't think we need to pray we get this guy or all is lost. We are very flexible going into this draft. We have needs at RB, OLB, CB, WR, I could almost see us going with the best available player.
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Re: Why are so many of you saying that we must "PRAY" for Willis to be there at 12?

i agree with you to a point thurm. i think willis is a LB you just cant pass on tho. he's the type that only comes around once every couple of years. he's faster than the majority of the DB's in this draft, he's smart and he's a character person.

its almost like its too good to be true....
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Re: Why are so many of you saying that we must "PRAY" for Willis to be there at 12?

Learning more than 1 name to chant for is too hard.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamesiscool
        i agree with you to a point thurm. i think willis is a LB you just cant pass on tho. he's the type that only comes around once every couple of years. he's faster than the majority of the DB's in this draft, he's smart and he's a character person.

its almost like its too good to be true....
        Not saying we should pass on him.

Was he a once in a lifetime backer before his pro day and 40 time? I saw him being picked in many mocks in the 20s....

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

I know there are going to be some good OLB's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, but Willis seems to be the most NFL ready of all LB's. I think that's why most people feel we have to grab him. I can't say I'm comfortable with the idea of starting Ellison and a 2nd/3rd round rookie at both OLB spots.

With the loss of Spikes and the addition of Walker, I don't think there's any question that LB is now our biggest weakness or concern.

Comment

• jamesiscool
            suck it fool.
            • Feb 2007

eveyrone knew e was the best LB in the draft before his pro-day but AFTER his proday and after he show'd he has that kind of speed and athleticism it got alot more teams looking at him and opening their eyes to his true potential.

but thats just my take on it.
            Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Captain gameboy
              • Jul 2002

I think Crowell is OK, but I am a bit suspicious about his upside and I think that many here are overrating him slightly. I think he needs help from a true blue chipper at OLB, and a sturdy O´lineman occupier at the DT positions.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Crowell hasn't looked too shabby at OLB, but that's just my opinion ...
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Willis is A LOT better than any of the OLB's in this draft.

And crowell played great at OLB before he got hurt. He CAN play MLB, but why? Especially if Willis is there.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Am I for picking him if he is there at 12? yes.

Am I praying and think all hope is lost if he is already gone? no

Comment

• jamesiscool
                      suck it fool.
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Am I praying and think all hope is lost if he is already gone? no
                      well said.
                      Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I could almost see us going with the best available player.
                        what if it's Okoye?
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          Willis is A LOT better than any of the OLB's in this draft.

And crowell played great at OLB before he got hurt. He CAN play MLB, but why? Especially if Willis is there.
                          You are not getting my point. My point is you doom and gloomers are already painting the Armegedan picture if we don't get him, which is ridiculous IMO.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            what if it's Okoye?
                            I wouldnt' be pissed honestly.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

You are not getting my point. My point is you doom and gloomers are already painting the Armegedan picture if we don't get him, which is ridiculous IMO.
                              There's only a couple of player that would make me puke..

1. Leon Hall
                              2. Alan Branch
                              3. Paul Posluszny.

Almost anyone else I'd be happy with, especially if we trade down IF Willis is gone.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X