PDA

View Full Version : Can Spikes return to his old form?

ghz in pittsburgh
03-27-2007, 11:23 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/Features/2007/holbrook032707.htm

Peterson is one exception to this type of injury. Generally speaking Cowert's play is the norm for guys coming back from this. Also we need to remember Spikes is 30, and he suffered the injury when he's a lot older than Peterson was.

Now Spikes can still be productive, like the author pointed out of his last game as a Bill. But he's nowhere the force he was before.

In that regard, I have to side with Levy. It's better to release a player a year too soon than a year too late.

At this point, do you honestly believe Spikes can return anywhere close to his pro-ball form, ever?

Elminster
03-27-2007, 11:35 AM
No....the history is a litany of players who're never the same. And in TKO's case, he's just not young anymore. Even if he does recover fully, he's getting old. His days are numbered either way, is what I'm saying...

gr8slayer
03-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I hope he does, I have no hate for the guy.

Him returning to form would also mean problems for the Cowboys which I am all for all the time.

Gunzlingr
03-27-2007, 11:38 AM
I hope he does, but highly doubt it is happening.

The Answer
03-27-2007, 11:40 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/Features/2007/holbrook032707.htm

Peterson is one exception to this type of injury. Generally speaking Cowert's play is the norm for guys coming back from this. Also we need to remember Spikes is 30, and he suffered the injury when he's a lot older than Peterson was.

Now Spikes can still be productive, like the author pointed out of his last game as a Bill. But he's nowhere the force he was before.

In that regard, I have to side with Levy. It's better to release a player a year too soon than a year too late.

At this point, do you honestly believe Spikes can return anywhere close to his pro-ball form, ever?

It's bad enough that we traded Holcomb and didn't get equal value in return - but if Spikes returns to form this will go down as one of the worse trades in NFL history - surpassing even Herschel Walker status.

~The Answer

bflojohn
03-27-2007, 11:58 AM
In my mind, the ONE thing that is ironclad is the FACT that Takeo Spikes PASSED his physical in Philadelphia or this little deal NEVER gets done and the Bills release him in a week or two....as Damaged goods!!

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 01:00 PM
I think he's got a chance to recover. Maybe not to his prime, but hey, he's 30 anyway. And I'm sincerely glad to see him on the Iggles, where he's got a very good shot of seeing a playoff run. Plus I like to watch the guy, and they're my NFC team (by virtue of having lived there for 3+ years AND the fact that they're the only team in the NFC East that hasn't beaten the Bills in a Super Bowl).

gil
03-27-2007, 01:20 PM
It's bad enough that we traded Holcomb and didn't get equal value in return - but if Spikes returns to form this will go down as one of the worse trades in NFL history - surpassing even Herschel Walker status.

~The Answer

It's almost not worth groaning you, but this is undoubtedly the most remarkably insane post I've ever seen.

The Answer
03-27-2007, 01:37 PM
It's almost not worth groaning you, but this is undoubtedly the most remarkably insane post I've ever seen.

Truth hurts doesn't it?

~The Answer

gil
03-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Truth hurts doesn't it?

~The Answer
what, that this trade will go down as worse than the Herschel Walker trade?

either you're being disingenuous, which I suspect, or you're just flat out crazy - that trade built a dynasty - I don't think the Eagles are building a dynasty out of the acquisition of a 30 year-old linebacker coming back from an achilles injury.

The Answer
03-27-2007, 02:23 PM
what, that this trade will go down as worse than the Herschel Walker trade?

either you're being disingenious, which I suspect, or you're just flat out crazy - that trade built a dynasty - I don't think the Eagles are building a dynasty out of the acquisition of a 30 year-old linebacker coming back from an achilles injury.

The trade wasn't about TKO - it was about acquriing a veteran QB that fits into Andy Reids offense - Holcomb fits that bill.

McNabb is injury prone and there's no guarantees he will even be starting on opening day. They lost Garcia to FA and needed a seasoned veteran capable of winning games for them and putting up big numbers in the air.

~The Answer

ricogarion
03-28-2007, 07:45 AM
In sticking with the thread question I do believe that Spikes will provide Philly some very good linebacker play.

McBFLO
03-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Just ignore this loser. He can't possibly believe that garbage. He's obviously just saying this crap to get a rise out of people. I mean, what is fair trade value for a 30+ career backup QB? A conditional future pick sounds about right to me.

Philagape
03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
We got equal value for Holcomb in the smelly socks Walker wears here.