PDA

View Full Version : Funtimesyay!

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Smokescreen? What do you think?

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

BROWNS LOOKING OFFENSE ONLY WITH 3RD PICK: According to the Akron Beacon Journal the Browns are not going to take a defensive player with the third pick according to Browns GM Phil Savage. That's not exactly shocking since Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson have all been mentioned as possibilities for Cleveland.

Savage was also quoted by the Cleveland Plain Dealer as saying he wouldn't be concerned about Peterson's injury history.

"I think he's a terrific talent. He's fast, he's physical. He's got acceleration. He's got burst. We've got Jamal [Lewis] on a one-year deal, so I don't think it takes us out of picking Adrian."

Gotta wonder if this is a smoke screen by Savage. Is he interested in Peterson or not?

I was surprised that he did admit he came to the league's annual meeting with 16 teams he'd like to talk to about trading down. The Browns need more picks and now everybody knows it.

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2007, 01:48 PM
With the top 5 picks being Russell, Quinn, Peterson, Johnson, and Thomas, of course they're going offense only.

Duh.

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 01:52 PM
With the top 5 picks being Russell, Quinn, Peterson, Johnson, and Thomas, of course they're going offense only.

Duh.

Not about the D but which O player? Peterson? Quinn?

Devin
03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Im sure its Peterson.

Mr. Pink
03-27-2007, 01:57 PM
The Browns much like the Bills are a team with PLENTY of holes. So trading down isn't exactly a revelation.

The only 3 names I've seen with expressed interest from the organization are AP-the guy most in the organization seem to like, from comments I've read. JMarc-who owner Randy Lerner likes but has gone on record as saying he's not pressuring Phil to take anyone. Also Mr Lerner stated he has zero to do with football operations. And then Brady Quinn, who they liked his Pro Day, other than the fact that Brady didn't run during his pro day due to some kind of injury.

I have as of yet to see any other names associated with Browns FO intent/interest including CJ. And I have seen NO defensive players mentioned at all. Then again, the only defensive player that I'd say is worth taking 3rd overall is Landry but Cleveland already has two young safeties and allowed Brian Russell to leave without any interest in retaining him.

Phil smokescreening wouldn't be a shock thought either, considering last year he was able to trade down one slot with the Ravens and still get the guy he wanted all along in Kamerion Wimbley.

However, it seems to me that he's interested in a runningback of some sort out of this draft class. I'm starting to waver on my thoughts that it's definitely AP at 3rd overall though. However you don't dump a guy you just signed to a multi-year deal the previous offseason (Droughns) and sign a proven vet (Jamal) to a 1 year deal when your backups are Jerome Harrison and Jason Wright, if you don't have something in mind.

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I have a feeling they'll take Quinn and live with Jamal for a year and then grab their franchise rb next year since a) it takes a qb longer to develop and Quinn is a franchise qb who should be ready now and better next year . b) the rb class is deep next year.