PDA

View Full Version : Spikes interview

T-Long
03-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Spikes was just on moving the chains with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan. He seemed pretty pissed we let go of Milloy, Adams, Fletcher, Clements, and now himself. When asked where the Bills are headed...Spikes said, "I really don't care."

spikes on sirius.wav - 17.79MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/spikes-on-sirius-wav.html)

Gunzlingr
03-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry Takeo, we can't keep everybody.

T-Long
03-27-2007, 01:45 PM
If the link doesn't work try this LINK (http://www.zshare.net/audio/spikes-on-sirius-wav.html)

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah it's a good move for everyone. If he's disgruntled, let him go somewhere he wants to be. It's a win-win.

The Spaz
03-27-2007, 01:48 PM
You get old you have to move on which was the case with the mentioned players above.

M
03-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Spikes was just on moving the chains with Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan. He seemed pretty pissed we let go of Milloy, Adams, Fletcher, Clements, and now himself. When asked where the Bills are headed...Spikes said, "I really don't care."

spikes on sirius.wav - 17.79MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/spikes-on-sirius-wav.html)

He can't be pissed that we let him go. He asked for a trade. Anyway, TKO - we wish you well!! Now, don't be a jerk and mess that up.

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, don't be a McFaghee.

Devin
03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
I cant blame the guy, he was a warrior for us. I can see him being a little bitter. I hope he does well in Philly.

justasportsfan
03-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Was keeping his friends more important than winning? He should've gone to the redskins then and joined Posey and Fletch.

Clements opted for more $$. Vincent was obviously done and so was Milloy. I can't fault Marv for not committing more $$ to extend Fletcher in his last year. Posey sucked.

The only one I really wanted to keep was Adams.

RockStar36
03-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I'll assume most of you guys didn't listen to the interview?

PromoTheRobot
03-27-2007, 01:57 PM
I loved TKO but it's best he left. He'll fit right in with Eagles...another underachieving team.

PTR

The Answer
03-27-2007, 01:58 PM

Props to TKO - even though he's a shell of his former self, just like all the other quality players we've had on defense he realizes this team is going nowhere fast.

The Answer hopes he has a huge game against us this season when we play the Eagles and wishes him well.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I just heard it. He sounded bitter, but understandably so. He didn't go out of his way to bad mouth the Bills. He just said that the team did a lot of good things last season, and he wished everyone well, but personally he really didn't care. I can understand that he now has to focus on his new team, not where he used to be.

No hard feelings TKO. I wish him the best.

Devin
03-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Props to TKO - even though he's a shell of his former self, just like all the other quality players we've had on defense he realizes this team is going nowhere fast.

The Answer hopes he has a huge game against us this season when we play the Eagles and wishes him well.

~The Answer

Your post is a big ol fat ******ed turd.

I hope it gets hit by a bus, soon.

The King
03-27-2007, 02:07 PM
I knew Fletch leaving would piss him off. Every chance he got he spoke highly of London he often talked about their closeness. Also in fairness to TKO he came to Buffalo because we had playoff hopes... the guy has still never played in a playoff game.

RockStar36
03-27-2007, 02:08 PM
I just heard it. He sounded bitter, but understandably so. He didn't go out of his way to bad mouth the Bills. He just said that the team did a lot of good things last season, and he wished everyone well, but personally he really didn't care. I can understand that he now has to focus on his new team, not where he used to be.

No hard feelings TKO. I wish him the best.

he sounded slightly bitter but it wasn't anything major like what Willis said. If I get fired by some company and someone asks me a day later what I think they will do I'll probably say I don't care. I have no interest now that they got rid of me. No big deal IMO.

The Answer
03-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Was Holcomb on this interview/broadcast too? Any word on what his response to the trade is?

The Answer is curious to know his thoughts about the situation as well.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
I knew Fletch leaving would piss him off. Every chance he got he spoke highly of London he often talked about their closeness. Also in fairness to TKO he came to Buffalo because we had playoff hopes... the guy has still never played in a playoff game.
We didn't let go of Fletcher. He was an FA and wanted good money. So he signed one with Washington. Why the grudge? It's about the Benjamin.

HHURRICANE
03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
I cant blame the guy, he was a warrior for us. I can see him being a little bitter. I hope he does well in Philly.

I can. He hasn't been a contributer the last 2 years injury or not. He's got a big mouth and on ESPN he said he asked for the trade. He than kept whinning about losing Milloy who sucked my Grandma's ass.

Sorry, but seems like Nate Clements is the only class player.

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Yeah it's a good move for everyone. If he's disgruntled, let him go somewhere he wants to be. It's a win-win.

You wouldn't know that by ESPN, they didn't say a word about Darwin to the Bills, it was all about Spikes and the Egales. If you didn't know better you wouldn't have a clue the Bills got a player in exchange. Heck, Holocomb got more attention in this trade then Walker!!

Statman
03-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Was keeping his friends more important than winning? He should've gone to the redskins then and joined Posey and Fletch.

Clements opted for more $$. Vincent was obviously done and so was Milloy. I can't fault Marv for not committing more $$ to extend Fletcher in his last year. Posey sucked.

The only one I really wanted to keep was Adams.
Tripplett sucks, McCargo sucks, Youboty is nowhere to be seen, and now we've paid some highly questionable players coming from horribly performing units on other teams to top money.

Gosh, I sure am excited.

Or, it could be the management.

Funny how the same people in this very thread applauded the moves to acquire all of those players that are now being spoken of as persona non grata. Isn't it.

Saratoga Slim
03-28-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm sure he's pissed off. He's been on the same roller coster of bad coaches and rebuilding as all us fans, when he came here he was expecting to see playoffs after his time with the Bungles. I'm sure the experience was a pretty big letdown.

I have nothing but good wishes for him in Philly. He'll see his first playoff game this year for sure.

Dr. Lecter
03-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Tripplett sucks, McCargo sucks, Youboty is nowhere to be seen, and now we've paid some highly questionable players coming from horribly performing units on other teams to top money.

McCargo has played 5 games in his entire career.

A little eary to say he sucks. Especially at DT, a position that can a while to develop.

madness
03-28-2007, 08:16 AM
The guys doing the interview aggravated me more then anything TKO said. TKO basically just said he wishes the teammates he was close to the best and he doesn't really care what direction Buffalo is heading.

No harm, no foul.

Dr. Lecter
03-28-2007, 08:18 AM

~The Answer

lol!

Anybody that roots for a former player to do well against the Bills is not much of a Bills fan, imo.

Respect the guy and hope he does well 15 times a year. But to root for against the Bills is not being a fan of the team.

billsburgh
03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
You wouldn't know that by ESPN, they didn't say a word about Darwin to the Bills, it was all about Spikes and the Egales. If you didn't know better you wouldn't have a clue the Bills got a player in exchange. Heck, Holocomb got more attention in this trade then Walker!!
and your point is?

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
and your point is?

I think it's obvious.

madness
03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
I think it's obvious.

Yes, ESPN doesn't know ****.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 10:32 AM
lol!

Anybody that roots for a former player to do well against the Bills is not much of a Bills fan, imo.

Respect the guy and hope he does well 15 times a year. But to root for against the Bills is not being a fan of the team.

The Answer has nothing but respect for Spikes - he was one of the better players to ever pass through this organization. Left Cincy because he thought he was going to a 'better' place - irony here is that 'the bungles' became a legit contender, and we got worse and Spikes better days are behind him as he ended up with a serious injury in Buffalo.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
03-28-2007, 10:38 AM
The Answer has nothing but respect for Spikes - he was one of the better players to ever pass through this organization. Left Cincy because he thought he was going to a 'better' place - irony here is that 'the bungles' became a legit contender, and we got worse and Spikes better days are behind him as he ended up with a serious injury in Buffalo.

~The Answer

That is fine.

But rooting for him when he plays the Bills is stupid.

BTW, Cinci is not a legit contender until they clean up their act.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 10:48 AM
That is fine.

But rooting for him when he plays the Bills is stupid.

BTW, Cinci is not a legit contender until they clean up their act.

The Answer didn't say he wants the eagles to beat us - but you know Spikes is going to be extra motivated (as will Darwin Walker) - just like McFagee will be when the Ravens come to town.

Also wouldn't it be ironic if Holcomb is the starting QB for Philly and he lights us up for 400+ yards - could happen, especially with what promises to be a very bad defense in 2007.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
:rolleyes:

The pass defense will still be solid and have a good pass rush.

And I doubt like hell Kelly Holcomb of all people will throw for 400 yards.

ddaryl
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM

Isn't that screwed up. Especially since we got a pretty damn good player in return.

But Buffalo has definitely been taking its lumps in the media over the last couple of years. Some of it is becuase of our very vocal whining and email tirades.

superbills
03-28-2007, 11:32 AM

~The Answer

You're such a douche-bag. TKO can kiss my ass. After his comments dissing the city yesterday, I don't really care what becomes of him. He cares more about his buddies than the football team. I have no use for him, I'm glad he's gone, and I will be using my Spikes jersey to wipe bird crap off of my car this year. I'm sick and tired of hearing bull-***** from players who want to be glorified and can't stomach being let go. He did the same thing to Cincy when he left there and I hope the Eagles go into the tank and the Bills rise to prominence the way it happened for Takeo here.

As for the Answer, I'd put you on ignore but your turds are spread so far across this board ignoring your posts would eliminate half of the conversation in most of these threads. So, I'll have to put of with your BS I suppose. Congratulations on being a thread-ruining idiot.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 11:35 AM
You're such a douche-bag. TKO can kiss my ass. After his comments dissing the city yesterday, I don't really care what becomes of him. He cares more about his buddies than the football team. I have no use for him, I'm glad he's gone, and I will be using my Spikes jersey to wipe bird crap off of my car this year. I'm sick and tired of hearing bull-***** from players who want to be glorified and can't stomach being let go. He did the same thing to Cincy when he left there and I hope the Eagles go into the tank and the Bills rise to prominence the way it happened for Takeo here.

As for the Answer, I'd put you on ignore but your turds are spread so far across this board ignoring your posts would eliminate half of the conversation in most of these threads. So, I'll have to put of with your BS I suppose. Congratulations on being a thread-ruining idiot.

There There - It's going to be ok. :baby:

Maybe we should get the clue as fans by now - There's a reason all of these players, whether cancers or class acts, are saying all these bad things about Buffalo and our inept front office and ownership.

THE BILLS ARE A JOKE - sorry you don't understand what the players (with inside, intimate knowledge about this organization) do.

~The Answer

superbills
03-28-2007, 11:45 AM
There There - It's going to be ok. :baby:

Maybe we should get the clue as fans by now - There's a reason all of these players, whether cancers or class acts, are saying all these bad things about Buffalo and our inept front office and ownership.

THE BILLS ARE A JOKE - sorry you don't understand what the players (with inside, intimate knowledge about this organization) do.

~The Answer

Right :assclown:

So the thanks we get for letting Takeo play every down last year when he was a shell of himself are parting shots taking stabs at management and a city that gave him nothing but adulation and praise. Yeah, that screams character-guy.

And as for McGahee, I couldn't care less what a guy who can barely put an intelligible sentence together says. In fact, it doesn't matter becuase I still have no idea what he said. He could have been saying that Buffalo is the greatest place in the world. It still sounded like "Merfuto grouf bufro fooball me like play". Get a clue Asshat

justasportsfan
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM

Gosh, I sure am excited.

Or, it could be the management.

Funny how the same people in this very thread applauded the moves to acquire all of those players that are now being spoken of as persona non grata. Isn't it.

Haha! MCargo sucks in his first year. Riiiiight. We should've gotten rid of Moulds after his 2nd year. :coocoo: He could very well suck but after only playing 5 games in his rookie year you can come up with that? Weren't you a Rob Johnson fan even after he sucked after 2 years? If you couldn't figure out that he sucked after his first and 2nd year, how can we believe that you know how to assess a player after 5 games?

BTw, your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. At that time we cut those players , they were done. Do you disagree?

Stick to spining stats to fit your opinion. Kinda like what my friend wys use to do...if you take away Spikes' best season .... ;)

Funny how someone who thought the bills would finish worse in franchise history (yeah you) last year based on FO's moves can criticize them after you've been horribly wrong. ;) .