PDA

View Full Version : Spikes, a true loser mentality!!!!

HHURRICANE
03-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Listened to the ESPN interview and all I can say is "wow"!! The guy just doesn't get it.

I kept hearing how the team had changed since they weren't ranked #2 in D anymore. I guess he doesn't understand the concept of winning games. Takeo, leadership means accepting responsibility.

He went on to whine about us getting rid of Milloy. Takeo did you watch the game film? The guy sucked and his rookie replacement (Whitner) totally outplayed him at the position.

For a guy who hasn't contributed in 2 years his mouth is pretty big. Furthermore, the guy came in skinny and weak so I wasn't overly impressed with his "warrior" rehab either.

Marv get's an "A+" for the move. Walker just wants to play.

Dr. Lecter
03-28-2007, 08:46 AM
I would not give him a A+. Of all the moves made this season, I like this one the least.

As for Spikes, he was fine on Sirius, but I did not hear the ESPN interview. I always kind afelt bad for him; he left the Bengals after they sucked for years and bought into TD's BS. Of course, I can see the Bills countinuing to improve now too so he may have left another team on the rise.

HHURRICANE
03-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Spikes never lived up to the hype. He was great against the lesser opponent and never, ever, showed up in the big game. I knew what kind of player we had on Monday night against the Chiefs. The whole intro was based on him and he layed a huge egg.

I think he needed to go with the rest of the big TD signings that didn't get a playoff spot. The Ravens D was able to get them into their share of playoff games with a shiitier Offense than we had.

justasportsfan
03-28-2007, 08:59 AM
that no. 2 D got screwed over when Donohoe got rid of Pat Williams. How is that Marv's fault?

Milloy and Vincent are done.

Maybe the bills got rid of TKO because aside from the achilles, he also had an head injury.

Earthquake Enyart
03-28-2007, 09:06 AM
People, let it go.

Don't be so sensitive.

RockStar36
03-28-2007, 09:14 AM
The only thing that slightly bothered me about the Sirius interview was he basically said the defense was never the problem in Buffalo.

HHURRICANE
03-28-2007, 09:21 AM
The only thing that slightly bothered me about the Sirius interview was he basically said the defense was never the problem in Buffalo.

The D had better stats than performance on the field. We all watched the games. We might have been ranked #2 but there were plenty of times where we needed a stop and didn't get it. There were plenty of games where our #2 D got blown up.

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Typical response to an ex-Bill.

streetkings01
03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
All I remember is this defense laying big fat stinky eggs when we needed them the most! All those Pats games, Eagles game, and that Steelers game are just a few that come to mind! When this D was ranked #2 they were all bark and no bite. All that talk before the 2005 season about being the best D in the history of the NFL....they smashed the Texans in week#1 only to get run over by a Caddilac in week#2! Marv knows what he's doing....he's getting rid of Donahoe's garbage and bringing a winning attitude back to Buffalo!

HHURRICANE
03-28-2007, 09:29 AM
All I remember is this defense laying big fat stinky eggs when we needed them the most! All those Pats games, Eagles game, and that Steelers game are just a few that come to mind! When this D was ranked #2 they were all bark and no bite. All that talk before the 2005 season about being the best D in the history of the NFL....they smashed the Texans in week#1 only to get run over by a Caddilac in week#2! Marv knows what he's doing....he's getting rid of Donahoe's garbage and bringing a winning attitude back to Buffalo!

Great post!! Somebody who watched the games.

feldspar
03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
As for Spikes, he was fine on Sirius, but I did not hear the ESPN interview. I always kind afelt bad for him; he left the Bengals after they sucked for years and bought into TD's BS.

Why would you feel bad for him?

The guy has millions of dollars, which he made playing a game.

Like I always say, never feel sorry for a multi-millionaire.

He'll probably retire in his mid-thirties with enough money to last him the rest of his life...a life of luxury. I'm not going to feel sorry that Spikes never made it to the playoffs while I'm struggling to pay my rent...know what I mean?

feldspar
03-28-2007, 09:32 AM

Kiss my nether-region. lol.

Just wanted to give you my typical response to a Miami Dolphin fan.

justasportsfan
03-28-2007, 09:37 AM
There were plenty of games where our #2 D got blown up.
against the Pitts 2nd and 3rd string players.

Gunzlingr
03-28-2007, 09:49 AM

Why is it you don't post on a fin board again?

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 09:51 AM

I do, but this is a football site, FOR FOOTBALL TALK, maybe you're on the wrong site.

justasportsfan
03-28-2007, 09:52 AM

he does but they also make fun of him.

Don't Panic
03-28-2007, 09:55 AM
The ESPN interview made me realize that he had a pretty simplistic view of things. He was all about losing the big names (Milloy, Adams, etc.) and he didn't really seem to undertsand the change in defensive philosophy which predicated it. I understand where he's coming from... for 2 years he was a part of a dominant unit and when the members of that unit started leaving en masse, he was upset. I guess he didn't feel like being part of a new system/philosophy. Totally undertsnadable. I wish him the best, and I'm glad we had him for the time we did.

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
The ESPN interview made me realize that he had a pretty simplistic view of things. He was all about losing the big names (Milloy, Adams, etc.) and he didn't really seem to undertsand the change in defensive philosophy which predicated it. I understand where he's coming from... for 2 years he was a part of a dominant unit and when the members of that unit started leaving en masse, he was upset. I guess he didn't feel like being part of a new system/philosophy. Totally undertsnadable. I wish him the best, and I'm glad we had him for the time we did.

Refreshing.

Mitchy moo
03-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Refreshing.

What's really refreshing is lemon being your starter, nothing like a fresh lemon in the drink.

elcome to Miamihttp://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/poorplumber.jpg

ublinkwescore
03-28-2007, 11:26 AM

For the record, I still hold Bledsoe responsible for that loss - the D did do it's job in that game - they had us leading it up until the very end - then dumbass choker Bledsoe decided to hand the ball off to a blitzing linebacker.

if you're gonna bash something at least try to do so justifiably.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Listened to the ESPN interview and all I can say is "wow"!! The guy just doesn't get it.

I kept hearing how the team had changed since they weren't ranked #2 in D anymore. I guess he doesn't understand the concept of winning games. Takeo, leadership means accepting responsibility.

He went on to whine about us getting rid of Milloy. Takeo did you watch the game film? The guy sucked and his rookie replacement (Whitner) totally outplayed him at the position.

For a guy who hasn't contributed in 2 years his mouth is pretty big. Furthermore, the guy came in skinny and weak so I wasn't overly impressed with his "warrior" rehab either.

Marv get's an "A+" for the move. Walker just wants to play.

No - Marv gets an F-

This team is deep in rebuilding yet again - you can't played seasoned vets like Holcomb and Spikes who just want to WIN at this point in their careers.

Spikes passed up on a lot of other teams back in 2003 to sign with Buffalo because he thought we were heading in the right direction. So sad that the team he left got good, and we got worse.

Spikes has every right to slam this team just like everybody that else leaves and realizes what a joke this organization is.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
03-28-2007, 11:36 AM
For the record, I still hold Bledsoe responsible for that loss - the D did do it's job in that game - they had us leading it up until the very end - then dumbass choker Bledsoe decided to hand the ball off to a blitzing linebacker.

if you're gonna bash something at least try to do so justifiably.haha! did you even watch the game? That game made Bettis decide to retire because it was the coming out game of Parker. Watch the game again. They didn't have their starters on O.

Drew did his part of sucking but the D didn't stop Maddox who played that game. They even put in St. Piere , their 3rd string qb who scrambled for a first down on 4th and 1.

Michael82
03-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Wasn't it the defense that cost us the playoffs when they let the Steelers backups and 3rd stringers run all over us at the last game of the season a few years ago?

Bert102176
03-28-2007, 11:50 AM
from the ESPN interview he pretty much tried to defend McGahee's comments after he was traded to Baltimore, saying he wasn't trying to dis the city all Ican say is BS say good bye biatch

Bert102176
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Wasn't it the defense that cost us the playoffs when they let the Steelers backups and 3rd stringers run all over us at the last game of the season a few years ago?

I was at that game and yeah our D could not stop the backups, it was that game that let them know about Willie Parker's abilities

HHURRICANE
03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
I have yet to see a player, from the TD era, leave and thrive. Sam Adams and Lawyer Milloy were both major league disappointments for their new teams. Can't wait to watch Spikes gimping around te field.

HHURRICANE
03-28-2007, 12:00 PM
I have yet to see a player, from the TD era, leave and thrive. Sam Adams and Lawyer Milloy were both major league disappointments for their new teams. Can't wait to watch Spikes gimping around the field.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I have yet to see a player, from the TD era, leave and thrive. Sam Adams and Lawyer Milloy were both major league disappointments for their new teams. Can't wait to watch Spikes gimping around te field.

Pat Williams has been a stud in Minny and turned their defense around - we still haven't recovered from his loss.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
03-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Williams was here pre-TD.

Nice try though.

The Answer was incorrect.

Anybody Marv let go has done squat elsewhere.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Williams was here pre-TD.

Nice try though.

The Answer was incorrect.

Anybody Marv let go has done squat elsewhere.

Where did our defense rank with Pat Fat, particulary the run portion, while he was still a bill? And how pourous has it been since?

Sorry but Fat Pat Williams was a beast, and has helped turned around Minny's unit significantly - regardless of the sex boat antics.

~The Answer

Ebenezer
03-28-2007, 12:51 PM
dude, that was Bledsoe's fault....

:calm:

EDS
03-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Spikes never lived up to the hype. He was great against the lesser opponent and never, ever, showed up in the big game. I knew what kind of player we had on Monday night against the Chiefs. The whole intro was based on him and he layed a huge egg.

I think he needed to go with the rest of the big TD signings that didn't get a playoff spot. The Ravens D was able to get them into their share of playoff games with a shiitier Offense than we had.

BS!

Spikes was awesome pre-injury. The Bills got their money worth and then some.

EDS
03-28-2007, 01:01 PM

Travis Henry rushed for some decent yardage last year and Ruben Brown, whom TD let leave, has gone on to play well.

justasportsfan
03-28-2007, 01:04 PM
dude, that was Bledsoe's fault....

:calm:
both the D's and Bledsoe's. The D couldn't stop their back ups.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20050102_PIT@BUF

-- Willie Parker, Brian St. Pierre and James Harrison -- who are these guys, you might ask?
They represent the collection of Pittsburgh Steelers backups and scrubs that kept their roll going, and ended the Buffalo Bills' playoff hopes, 29-24.

.......And so are the Steelers, who didn't need Ben Roethlisberger, Jerome Bettis or a host of other starters to win their 14th straight to match the single-season record set by Miami in 1972.

Parker, an undrafted rookie free agent, had 102 yards rushing, including a 58-yarder that set up Jeff Reed 's 37-year field goal, Pittsburgh's go-ahead score.

.........The Bills went three-and-out on their next possession and the Steelers then ate up nearly nine minutes with a 14-play, 46-yard drive helped by two defensive penalties. It was capped with a 33-yard field goal by Reed, who kicked five.

St. Pierre extended the drive with a 2-yard bootleg on fourth-and-1 at the Bills 37.

Antwaan Randle El also scored on a 16-yard MADDOX pass.

Typ0
03-28-2007, 02:58 PM
People, this is another negative function of constantly changing management. I'm sure many of you have been in a similar situation. Go looking for a job. Interview and get on the same page with a company. They are going to do this, that and the other thing. You are going to do some specific things to be successful. You take the job and everyone's happy. A lead manager in the Co changes and the direction changes. This that and the other thing become something else. How does that make you feel?

Don't Panic
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
-- Willie Parker, Brian St. Pierre and James Harrison -- who are these guys, you might ask?
They represent the collection of Pittsburgh Steelers backups and scrubs that kept their roll going, and ended the Buffalo Bills' playoff hopes, 29-24.

I love seeing Willie Parker getting called a scrub... little did anyone know that this game was his coming out party.

feldspar
03-28-2007, 03:35 PM
No - Marv gets an F-

~The Answer

Answer, if there were any such thing, you would get a Z-.

!Papacrunk!
03-28-2007, 04:41 PM
as a rival fan, IMO Spikes HAD brought an intensity to the defense. He sure didn't last year, but before the injury, one always had to keep track of Spikes. I'm glad he's on another team now though.