PDA

View Full Version : Realignment in 2002

Jeff1220
03-28-2007, 08:45 AM
When the NFL realigned the divisions in, I think, the 2002 season, there were some pretty major changes. However, the AFC east pretty much came out of it mostly untouched, with only the departure of the Colts.
Most people, including Ralph Wilson, didn't want division changes, because he didn't want to lose the rivalry w/Miami.
Now that the Bills are having financial issues with staying competitive, do you wish the division realignment had been more dramatic?

Personally, I would've loved to see the Bills in a division with the Browns and Steelers, along with either the Jets, Pats, or Ravens. This would've made two of the away games very easy to access for fans of both sides (Browns and Steelers), which could've helped selling out games late in the year. The proximity would've created instant rivalries by itself. If realignment comes up again, would you want to see more changes?

Can this be moved to the Billszone?

OpIv37
03-28-2007, 08:47 AM
I'd hate to lose the Miami rivalry, but I would love to be in a division with the Bengals, Browns and Steelers, moving the Ravens to the AFCE.

Patrick76777
03-28-2007, 09:04 AM
I'd hate to lose the Miami rivalry, but I would love to be in a division with the Bengals, Browns and Steelers, moving the Ravens to the AFCE.

Plus we wouldn't have had to deal with the Pats for the past 5 years.

If we had switched to that division, we probably would have had a division title or 2 by now.

As it is, we can't get past the Pats in the East.

RockStar36
03-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Having the Bills in a divison with the Steelers and Browns would create an instant rivalry that would probably surpass the Miami rivalry.

Earthquake Enyart
03-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Since one of the revenue sharing triggers is ticket revenue, obviously this would help us.

Keeping the old AFL rivalries is nice, but geez, the AFL died a long time ago.

McBFLO
03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
That's EXACTLY what I'd like to see. Get the sPats the hell out of our division!

Michael82
03-28-2007, 11:30 AM
but if we did that kind of realignment, u know how many freaking steelers and browns fans there would be? It would feel like an away game for us. :ill:

venis2k1
03-28-2007, 11:36 AM
I love the AFCE, maybe its cause i live in NE. but its the best division in football. i would be crushed if we got moved.

dolphan117
03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
How about we we send the Pats to the NFC? Now thats realignment I could get on board with.

OpIv37
03-28-2007, 11:42 AM
How about we we send the Pats to the NFC? Now thats realignment I could get on board with.
:up: That may be the smartest thing I've ever heard from a Fin Fan.

Earthquake Enyart
03-28-2007, 11:47 AM
but if we did that kind of realignment, u know how many freaking steelers and browns fans there would be? It would feel like an away game for us. :ill:
You'd sell the damn tickets.

Michael82
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
You'd sell the damn tickets.
if we need the opponents to buy up the tickets, then we are a bunch of fairweather fans. :ill:

Michael82
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
EXCELLENT! :bf1:

Earthquake Enyart
03-28-2007, 11:54 AM
if we need the opponents to buy up the tickets, then we are a bunch of fairweather fans. :ill:
You take a look around you the last 2 home games?

Michael82
03-28-2007, 11:57 AM
You take a look around you the last 2 home games?
yup, and i said the same thing then. The city is so enamored with the Sabres, they forgot about their other team that was making a ****ing playoff run. :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2007, 12:00 PM
How about someone just photoshop a picture of Brady sucking Bellichick's d*** and circulate it around? That should help us too.

Tiburon1724
03-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm all for a realignment and wish we'd have gone in Indy's place to begin with. Cleveland, Cincy and Pitt being within driving distance would help all 4 teams. The Miami rivalry is pretty much dead, only has anything left at all b/c we're in the same division. At least that's from the perspective of the Miami fans. I went to Miami's home opener last season wearing my Spikes jersey (another one that's now no good!!) and Bills visor and nobody said a single word to me except the fellow Bills fans to my right. Of course we completely destroyed them and the stadium had nothing left but Bills fans by the end of the 3rd quarter, but at the beginning there was no smack talk, nothing. Probably b/c we've both sucked for so long. Oh the one Miami fan who said anything was the woman to my left who said "where's Buffalo? In New York City?" I tried to explain which led to a response of "oh so it's in Canada?" :whoosh: