PDA

View Full Version : We actually can make the Turner thing....

acehole
03-28-2007, 09:37 AM
One more note to add P Willis is an ILB last I checked we needed an OLB No?

Happen....The three team that have been rumored to want him our us GB and the Giants. Probably in that order. All we have to do is not pick a Running back in round one.......M Lynch will slip to Green bay and we have addition by subtraction. Then we have to worry about the Giants. The big question will be will the Giants be willing to give up a 2nd rounder for him. I think not or they would have giving it up for mcgahee. The gm said not for a first day pick. So either he values his picks or he thinks B Jacobs can carry the load. B Jacobs does need a breather but that can be had later in the draft, wire...or somwhere else. Being that we have a high 3rd rounder..and the price for tading RB's is low this year...we do have a legit shot....especially if we dont pick any in round one or two thus push the availables down. Questions is a does Turner want to be here as a starter and how much will he want......I think we can make it worth him if we gave him incentive ladend deal. The other opiton is to say no picks this year and a pick depending on performance. AJ cant really argue with that....it may get as high as a second and as low as a 5th. If that doent fly a swap of first rounders an we get there 3rd migh seem like a high price to pay...but we could have the RB and OLB filled prior to the second round. With all the holes we have that would be tempting. Not to mention the fire power to trade up if a guy we really like is still on the board in that low 1 high second area. That would be the worst case. Turner would cost less contract wise then a 1rst round pick and IMHO better then lynch...which is what we are really giving up here isnt it? The right to draft lynch? This make even more sense if Willis is gone. We may lose the best ILB in the draft but potentially get the best OLB in the draft and one of the Top 3 Rb's...and a 3rd rounder to boot. I mentioned M Turner in the begining...I never realized he is now within our reach.......