X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Gore Gets Big Extension

49ers signed Frank Gore to a four-year contract extension through 2011. The deal includes a $6.5 million signing bonus, $14 million in guarantees, and a total value of $28 million.
    Drew Rosenhaus works his magic again. Considering Gore has a history of injuries and wasn't a restricted free agent until next offseason, he did well to earn $18.212 million in the first three years of the deal and $14 million in guarantees. The structure of the deal is a rare one that actually makes it possible to be completed if Gore stays productive throughout. Gore will be well worth it if he just keeps up his pace from 2006.
    Rousenhaus is making some serious cash this off-season.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Gore Gets Big Extension

How on earth does a legit back like Gore get 5 years at 28 mil, while Mr. 990 gets 7 years for 40 mil.

Love him or hate him Drew Rosenhaus is the ****ing man.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
      How on earth does a legit back like Gore get 5 years at 28 mil, while Mr. 990 gets 7 years for 40 mil.

Love him or hate him Drew Rosenhaus is the ****ing man.
      Yeah man but Gore is getting $14 million guaranteed and thirteen of it is in the first two years.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
        Rousenhaus is making some serious cash this off-season.
        But has he rescued anyone from drowning yet?
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
          But has he rescued anyone from drowning yet?
          Not yet, but I'll keep you updated as the news breaks.

Comment

Working...
          X