PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

The King
03-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Anyone ever go? Is it worth it. We were thinking of heading out this year. For Day One anyway.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I know people who have gone, said it was a great experience.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
If nothing else it will help you get your man points back.

Don't Panic
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
I was flirting with the idea, but I can't pull it off. Not sure I could handle that many Jets and Giants fans in one day, though.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
I had some friends (or guys I worked with) go and said it was great, but after awhile it gets kind of boring. They haven't gone back if that means anything.

clumping platelets
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Muslims go to Mecca

Clump must one day go to the NFL Draft

:bow:

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
As a football fan I would go without question.

OpIv37
03-28-2007, 10:52 AM
do they have wireless at MSG? Otherwise, how are you going to be able to ***** about the Bills pick in real time? That's the real fun of the draft.

justasportsfan
03-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I was flirting with the idea, but I can't pull it off. Not sure I could handle that many Jets and Giants fans in one day, though.

it should be fun watching the eagles fans boo their pick like they did Mcnabb though.

OpIv37
03-28-2007, 10:56 AM
it should be fun watching the eagles fans boo their pick like they did Mcnabb though.

meh- my parents are both from the Philly area and I still have a lot of relatives there. I went to a few Phillies games when I was a kid. Philly sports fans would boo Mother Teresa's corpse if given the opportunity.

DraftBoy
03-28-2007, 11:01 AM
I have to go one day soon, and I completely agree with Clump's point

NorthCarBills
03-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I went with my friend for the 2003 draft. It was fun, but I consider it a one time experience. I dont know if things are any easier these days, but here's what we had to do.

We got a hotel room at Hotel Penn right across the street from MSG. The day before, we walked over and asked a few staff members where to get tickets, even though we knew the draft was free to attend. They said to return late that night to get one. So we returned about 11:30 that night, and finally found a strange side entrace where they were giving these out. They said to be sure to return early the next morning with it in hand.

So, on a cold rainy morning at about 6:30 (being hung over didnt help), we were already in a long line. Some fans had tickets some didnt, and there was no direction as to who was supposed to do what. Finally after about an hour a MSG staff worker stood at the top of the entry steps, shouting at the top of his lungs, and told people to shut up and asked who had a ticket. About half of the crowd did and raised their hands, but that pissed off the people who were there in line that morning earlier and things got nastier.

They eventually sorted out two lines and let the people with tickets in first. It was like a cattle run, as we were all pushed together into another waiting room shoulder to shoulder. Then we were moved to a second waiting area, and then the doors opened about 2 hours later and it was a mad free for all as people rushed up the escalaters and into the draft venue.

Once we were in we got a nice media kit, and found good seats. Then it calmed down and was finally the fun experience we hoped for. However, and needless to say, when the Bills picked Willis that year, Buff was the laughing stock of the entire audience.