PDA

View Full Version : >>>Pick-a-day mock: 10. Houston Texans<<<

DraftBoy
03-28-2007, 11:06 AM
No trades, just pick who you think each team will pick. We'll do approx one team per day and majority rules.

1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell - QB (LSU)
2. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn - QB (Notre Dame)
3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson - RB (Oklahoma)
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Calvin Johnson - WR (Georgia Tech)
5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas - OT (Wisconsin)
6. Washington Redskins - Gaines Adams - DE (Clemson)
7. Minnesota Vikings - Jamaal Anderson - DE (Arkansas)
8. Atlanta Falcons (from Houston) - LaRon Landry - S (LSU)
9. Miami Dolphins - Levi Brown- OT (Penn St)
10. Houston Texans (from Atlanta)-ON THE CLOCK
11. San Francisco 49ers
12. Buffalo Bills
13. St. Louis Rams
14. Carolina Panthers
15. Pittsburgh Steelers
16. Green Bay Packers
17. Jacksonville Jaguars
18. Cincinnati Bengals
19. Tennessee Titans
20. New York Giants
21. Denver Broncos
22. Dallas Cowboys
23. Kansas City Chiefs
24. New England Patriots (From Seattle)
25. NY Jets
26. Philadelphia Eagles
27. New Orleans Saints
28. New England Patriots
29. Baltimore Ravens
30. San Diego Chargers
31. Chicago Bears
32. Indianapolis Colts

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Okoye

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2007, 11:46 AM
I had a dream last night that Oakland drafted Calvin Johnson #1 overall, and Houston traded up to draft JaMarcus Russell at #2. Then I told myself that this has to be a dream because Houston just traded for Schaub and it doesn't make any sense LOL.

Houston goes with Alan Branch.

Italian Stallion
03-28-2007, 11:54 AM
branch without question

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
branch

feelthepain
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Did I miss something here?? I posted in this thread and for the second year in a row it's ignored, I didn't see any other Dolphin fan post here so I guess Imy suggestion should have been used. I took Patrick Willis, but that post is curiously missing. And the "Bill fans...once again" post who they want Miami to take. Geee,I get the feeling Parick Willis who I picked for the Dolphins at 9 will be off the board at 12. Why bother making this thread if you're going to change it to suit yourself draftboy??

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-28-2007, 12:38 PM
I think this pick is DT, it would have been Levi Brown if he wasn't selected. I can't see them picking anyone else but Okoye or Branch. I will go with Okoye, he is the better player. Williams and Okoye duo will be pretty sweet. Although part of me is leaning towards Leon Hall.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Did I miss something here?? I posted in this thread and for the second year in a row it's ignored, I didn't see any other Dolphin fan post here so I guess Imy suggestion should have been used. I took Patrick Willis, but that post is curiously missing. And the "Bill fans...once again" post who they want Miami to take. Geee,I get the feeling Parick Willis who I picked for the Dolphins at 9 will be off the board at 12. Why bother making this thread if you're going to change it to suit yourself draftboy??

Why would someone delete your thread? C'mon, think about it, this is just a crazy Bills fan draft. Everyone will vote for guys in order for that one guy to drop down to the Bills, but I can't see anyone deleting a Dolphin's fans post so somoeone will get drafted. You can almost bet when the Bills fans draft they will have the option to get Patrick Willis, Amobi Okoye, or Marshawn Lynch. When in fact I believe that two of those players will be gone by 12.

Mr. Pink
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Marshawn Lynch

Green isn't getting younger and Davis was axed.

Philagape
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Okoye

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Marshawn Lynch

Green isn't getting younger and Davis was axed.

I was going to say Lynch, it is a good choice. This team is hard to get a read on, they really have a lot of holes.

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Your vote was not deleted, and was never tampered. It's here.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=123201&page=2

The majority picked Levi Brown, so that's what we went with. You do understand how a democratic voting system works, right?

Now pipe down and move on. Any further hissy fit on this non-issue will be regarded as spam and removed.

DraftBoy
03-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Are you serious? Hey genius go look at the thread Miyagi posted and see who voted for Willis also. Typical Dolphin fan doesnt know how to read or comprehend.

BILLSROCK1212
03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Okoye

Devin
03-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Oh I see, it's like everything else in Buffalo, run by Billy Joe Jim Bob, tralier park maintenance guy!! Got it!!!

Is that your way of saying "I shot my mouth off before actually reading, my bad"

This mock is majority rule. You have 40 year old blockhead at MLB anyway I wouldnt worry.

Okoye. Mario and that Texans DL in general need some serious help.

lightningbolt444
03-28-2007, 03:31 PM
okoye

Gunzlingr
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Ginn

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 05:00 PM
I agree with Fun...
First mild surprise.. Lynch

GarnOFreak
03-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Lynch. A. Green ain't no spring chicken. Plus, he's had injuries issues the last coupla seasons. I was torn between DT and RB though. If they are serious about trying to turn this team around they need a better RB for the future and hope all those OL picks develop.

Jersey1031
03-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Okoye

!Papacrunk!
03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Adrian Peterson. Even with old man Green theyneed to learn their lesson from last year.

SABURZFAN
03-28-2007, 06:06 PM

if it were up to me,you would have gotten C.Leak.now :stfu:

SABURZFAN
03-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Adrian Peterson. Even with old man Green theyneed to learn their lesson from last year.

hey dopeasaurus,he was taken at #3.

try again......... :rolleyes:

YardRat
03-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't think Houston passes on RB two years in a row...Marshawn Lynch.

Scumbag College
03-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Gotta say Ted Ginn here. Kubiak is an offensive guy, and although taking Okoye and Branch here would cause alot of matchup problems for opposing OLs for years to come, I can't see them going D Line two years in a row. They desperatly need safety help but Landry is gone and anyone else is a reach here. I don't think they go with RB here, with giving all that money to Green and already with Dayne and Gado in the lineup.

BILLSROCK1212
03-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Gotta say Ted Ginn here. Kubiak is an offensive guy, and although taking Okoye and Branch here would cause alot of matchup problems for opposing OLs for years to come, I can't see them going D Line two years in a row. They desperatly need safety help but Landry is gone and anyone else is a reach here. I don't think they go with RB here, with giving all that money to Green and already with Dayne and Gado in the lineup.They have Andre Johnson!!!! WR is in now way their biggest need they can address it later in the draft they need to go defense here.

Scumbag College
03-28-2007, 08:41 PM
They have Andre Johnson!!!! WR is in now way their biggest need they can address it later in the draft they need to go defense here.

They have Andre Johnson, and he is a top receiver in this league. But, after that, they really have no one. They could use a CB, but I just chose WR here because after CJ, Ginn, Meachem, and Bowe, it's kinda a big drop off in my opinion, and I don't think any of those guys last until their next pick in Rd. 2.

BILLSROCK1212
03-28-2007, 10:03 PM
They have Andre Johnson, and he is a top receiver in this league. But, after that, they really have no one. They could use a CB, but I just chose WR here because after CJ, Ginn, Meachem, and Bowe, it's kinda a big drop off in my opinion, and I don't think any of those guys last until their next pick in Rd. 2.after CJ it is a big drop off but after that at least 10 players can be put in any order while being ranked....this is the deepest this position has been in years

clumping platelets
03-28-2007, 10:26 PM
CB Hall

chubluv
03-28-2007, 11:03 PM

First of all you dont need another LB your Dolphins need to rebuild their O-Line so that you dont get your QB & RB killed out there. Your defence is actually not that bad.

Second of all Houston IMO needs to get both of their lines tuned up so they should draft Alan Branch DT out of Michigan.

SquishDaFish
03-29-2007, 07:09 AM
I have a feeling its going to be CB Hall

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Im voting for Lynch, Im going to leave this open till lunch time

Current Results:
Okoye-7
Lynch-6
Branch-4
Ginn-2
Hall-2

clumping platelets
03-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Branch is a reach above #20 overall

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-29-2007, 07:51 AM

C'mon, all the urban legends about Miami Dolphin fans can't be this true.

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Branch is a reach above #20 overall

Not really, he's a top 10 prospect with a horrid work ethic, on a good team with a strong willed coach he could be a steal below #10

clumping platelets
03-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Not too many teams qualify

mysticsoto
03-29-2007, 08:19 AM
Houston was not high in either offense or defense. They could go a number of ways including Oline, but given that there is no one worth taking at this stage for the Oline - most likely they will either go with Lynch at RB or with a DT. Though they do have a need at RB, they did get some production off Taylor who came off the practice squad, and they signed Ahman Green to hold them off temporarily until they can likely draft a franchise RB next year. For this reason, I think they go DT despite them signing Jeff Zgonina who is a bit old.

Now, Branch or Okoye ? Houston has a new defensive line coach and no doubt his input will be used in determining who they will ultimately get. I think Houston has the vision of being an attacking style defense. With the acquisition of Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans, the best fit for them is Amobi Okoye to further enhance that Dline and become the attacking defense that they want to be.

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Not too many teams qualify

Still doenst mean he's a reach before 20

User Manuel
03-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Branch

feelthepain
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
First of all you dont need another LB your Dolphins need to rebuild their O-Line so that you dont get your QB & RB killed out there. Your defence is actually not that bad.

Second of all Houston IMO needs to get both of their lines tuned up so they should draft Alan Branch DT out of Michigan.

We do need another LB, Zach is at the end of his career, we need to replace him. Were an injury away from mediocre with the LB core. Our D is not that bad?? 4th overall, yeah you could say we're not that bad, but depth and talent are both good things.

feelthepain
03-29-2007, 10:24 AM
if it were up to me,you would have gotten C.Leak.now:stfu:

Us dolphin fans don't have to worry about who the Bills draft, it will be a reach no matter who it is. So why don't you...:stfu:!!

Canadian'eh!
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Okoye

Don't Panic
03-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Okoye

bflojohn
03-29-2007, 12:03 PM
First off, realistically, this is Green Bay picking Lynch here in a trade-up! With all due respect to the no-trade edict, I'd select Leon Hall if I were them. Can't they still vividly recall two 83 yard BOMBS to Lee Evans over their miserable CB Figgins!! They need major help at CB, IMO!!

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
With the 10th Pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select DT Amobi Okoye