PDA

View Full Version : Want To Watch Dockery Take On Two Of the Best??

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Sunday at 3:00 p.m. Central time it's Jags vs. Redskins on NFLN

Should be very interesting seeing him take on Henderson and Stroud.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Then on April 16th it's Redskins vs. Titans at 12:00 Central

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
BUMP

jamesiscool
03-28-2007, 01:23 PM
damn you time warner cable......

gr8slayer
03-30-2007, 01:54 PM
BUMP!

gr8slayer
03-31-2007, 06:06 PM
BUMP

ublinkwescore
03-31-2007, 07:33 PM
let me help you - Bump.

I missed it because I sleep during the day - I work nights... - I barely woke up at 4:42 pm pacific time - almost an hour ago.

Throne Logic
03-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Um, Ublink, you've got a few hours left before you miss it. It's on Sunday afternoon.

ublinkwescore
04-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh, I see - I'm probably gonna be going back to sleep soon - I'll end up missing it.

Right now though, I am looking for a post by HHurricane since he laughed at a post of mine that went something like "who wants to jump on my "Get Lance Briggs Bandwagon"? - HHurricane just started a post about us getting Lance Briggs, and how he wants him (and now sees it as a possibility) - after he pretty much said we are done in FA (or acquiring players), and this is pretty much our roster - minus the draft - and now I feel obligated to call him out.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm very anxious.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Ok, lets see what we have.

YardRat
04-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Nice push on the run. He struggled on the trick play.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:05 PM
First Series: INT

- Decent first series.
- Kinda stopped blocking on the flea flicker, led to QB being hit and throwing the INT.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Matt Jones needs to get it going this year or you'll start hearing BUST.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Second Series: TD

- Still didn't finish out plays well enough IMO.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Third Series: FG

- Engulfs LB's when he gets to the second level.
- Stayed on blocks better this series.
- Got blown off ball once.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Forth series:

- Picked up blitz well
- Got blown off the ball again
- They seem to be running away from him quite a bit
- Is on the ground too much in this game.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Forth series,

- Picked up blitz well
- Is on the ground too much in this game.
Fifth Series:

- Did great pass blocking except one play.
- Turned his shoulders and let someone come inside of him on pass protection (his fault) and allowed pressure.
- No run plays on this series.

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Forth series,

- Picked up blitz well
- Is on the ground too much in this game.well it also may be because Brunell is taking a long time to throw and Dockery can't hold up for too long

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:37 PM
well it also may be because Brunell is taking a long time to throw and Dockery can't hold up for too long
Which part of my post are you referring to?

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Which part of my post are you referring to?
well overall him just being average in pass protection

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Sixth Series: TD

-This guy is the real deal when he gets to the second level.
- Got blown up again, Portis lost yards because of it.
- Took on the stunt by the DT/DE VERY well.
- Looks good pulling.
- Nice goal line surge.

ParanoidAndroid
04-01-2007, 03:45 PM
He doesn't have the greatest balance, but he's strong enough to handle one of the best DT's in the league fairly well. He gave up leverage by standing too high against the bull rush a couple of times, but was fairly effective in pass protection. There aren't too many guards in the league that can sustain a block against Henderson. Jax did some delayed blitzing as Brunell was somewhat indecisive and Henderson seemed to be getting a good jump on the snap count.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:45 PM
well overall him just being average in pass protection
Hey man, I call it like I see it. I'm not watching Brunell I'm watching our guy and so far he started out pretty average but has gotten better since.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:47 PM
He doesn't have the greatest balance, but he's strong enough to handle one of the best DT's in the league fairly well. He gave up leverage by standing too high against the bull rush a couple of times, but was fairly effective in pass protection. There aren't too many guards in the league that can sustain a block against Henderson. Jax did some delayed blitzing as Brunell was somewhat indecisive.
Henderson has blown him up three times now though. Overall he's doing pretty good against one of the best.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Seventh Series: TD

- Good zone blocking.
- They are starting to run behind him more.
- Two pancakes.
- More great pulling.
- His best series so far.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Eighth Series: Fumble, recovered by Jags

- Pancake
- Again, good getting to second level.
- Made the tackle on the fumble.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Ninth Series: FG

- Over pursued, then got his feet back and just baptized an LB. Great, athletic play.
- Got blown off ball again.
- Tried to chop block and hit nobody. Tripped the DT, lucky it wasn't a penalty.
- Pulled, tripped over Centers feet, clogged up the hole, RB tripped over him, no yards.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Ok, here we go for OT.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Final Series: TD

- More great freaking blocking at the second level, I'm loving it.
- Great, great, great pass blocking.

I like this guy, he started rough but got it going as the game went on. He played alot better than the Jags OG's.

BILLSROCK1212
04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
so it seems like he really just needs to get warmed up a bit....the thing that really stood out to me was his good goal line push which we were really lacking last year

lordofgun
04-01-2007, 05:48 PM
thanks gr8.

gr8slayer
04-01-2007, 10:46 PM
thanks gr8.
:up:

billsburgh
04-01-2007, 11:58 PM
so in your opinion, does it look like he was worth the huge contract the Bills gave him? I know it's hard to judge based solely on one game, but from what you've written, he seemed to hold his own against Henderson.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 12:14 AM
so in your opinion, does it look like he was worth the huge contract the Bills gave him? I know it's hard to judge based solely on one game, but from what you've written, he seemed to hold his own against Henderson.
Well honestly, the first couple of series he was less than impressive. He actually reminded me alot of Villareal. He was kind of wobbling around, was a bit high, got blown away.

But then it was like something clicked for him, almost like Henderson was either getting worn down or Dockery was just that good. He was doing so good that the Skins started running their plays to his side all of the forth and the majority of the third.

I hope that we use alot of zone blocking with him because he is clearly an athlete that can get to the LB's and Safeties and just beat them up. He didn't miss a single block when going to the second level.

Just going by this game I would say that he is a HUGE upgrade, worth that much money? I would say yes simply because of the cap going up so much. He would not have gotten this kind of cash this time last year but neither would Steinbach.

I simply cannot wait to see what he and Peters can do. Next weekend I will break down his game against the Titans if you all want?

billsburgh
04-02-2007, 12:19 AM
thanks for taking the time to do this. I am really looking forward to seeing him lined up next to Peters as well. whoever our running back is should have plenty of room to run to the left.

gr8slayer
04-02-2007, 12:22 AM
thanks for taking the time to do this. I am really looking forward to seeing him lined up next to Peters as well. whoever our running back is should have plenty of room to run to the left.
I think so too as long as he stays low like he did in the second half. He is a great "knee bender" not a waist "bender."

I know what everyone else thinks about our RB situation. What do you think about it? What do you think we will do?

billsburgh
04-02-2007, 01:24 AM
I think so too as long as he stays low like he did in the second half. He is a great "knee bender" not a waist "bender."

I know what everyone else thinks about our RB situation. What do you think about it? What do you think we will do?
As far as the running back situation, I'm not as concerned about Anthony Thomas as some people here on the board. He played well enough when called upon last year and I think he will be ok this year as long as he's splitting carries with someone else. He's not the type of back who can consistently carry the ball 20-25 times a game. I'm pretty sure that they will pick another back with either of their first 2 picks in the draft. Someone to share time with Thomas and hopefull take over full time the following year. I just dont see the Turner trade happening. The Chargers seem too outrageous in their demands for him. Nobody in their right minds would give up a first and third for an unproven back.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Today I will be breaking down the Redskins vs. Titans game.

Dockery will be taking on R. Smith and R. Starks.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
First Series: (TD)

- Only one running down field after pass is thrown. Great in case of a fumble.
- They are running the trick plays to his side, does a good job pulling.
- Solid job of chop blocking which allows his shorter QB (Brunell) to see the pattern.
- Great job run blocking in the Red Zone, awesome zone blocking.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Second Series: (TD)

- Good surge on the QB sneak.
- Pulled from the left side of the line to the right and ended up blocking two people. Great pull, smacked Pac Man.
- Allowed pressure to his inside and the play went for nothing.
- Always moving his hands while pass blocking, seems to be winning the hand placement battle.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Third Series: (Punt)

- More good pulling from left to right.
- Whiffed a pretty easy block then comes back the next play and lands himself a pancake.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Forth Series: (Turnover, fumble)

- Did not stay on his block long enough on the screen, loss of yardage.
- Decent pass blocking.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Fifth Series (End of half)

- Recorded another pancake.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Sixth Series: (Punt)

- Nothing really happening, decent pass/run blocking.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Seventh Series: (Punt, blocked)

- Nothing to report.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Eighth Series: (Punt)

- Blocked defender into the RB.
- Did not get out quick enough for the screen, loss of yards. Great play by defender.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Ninth Series: (Punt)

- Good job on the blitz.
- Good job blocking LB on screen.
- Brunell is horrible.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Tenth Series: (TD)

- Good initial contact on LB but stopped moving his feet and got thrown down by the LB.
- Was holding BAD on the two point conversion but didn't get called.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I miss Travis Henry.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Eleventh Series:

- Again nothing really out of the ordinary to report.

ShadowHawk7
04-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah man..

Good work.

gr8slayer
04-15-2007, 09:27 PM

billsburgh
04-16-2007, 12:09 AM
thanks again gr8. sounds like he needs some work on the screen passes.

jimmifli
04-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Best thread of the offseason.

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 08:48 AM
thanks again gr8. sounds like he needs some work on the screen passes.
Some of the issue on the screen passes could have been Brunell's fault too. They did seem to take longer than they should to develop. On one screen pass in particular it was just an amazing play by the defender, he smelt it coming and just took a great angle.

I do like the fact that Dockery is basically the only OL that consistently pulled, and by that I mean about once every three or four plays. Having a guy that can pull and do it well opens up your Offense so much more.

I was somewhat disappointed though by the fact that unlike the Jaguars game where he got better as the game went on, this game he seemed to get worse. Granted the Offense as a whole got worse (mostly due to Brunell just not playing very sound football.) They came out and scored two touchdowns (one at the start of the first, and one at the start of the second) but they didn't score anymore until four minutes into the forth quarter, and that score came on a Portis run.

In these two games I've watched so far he has definitly played better than Randy Thomas (the other OG) and has had his moments where he looked like the best lineman (Offense or Defense) on the field.

Hopefully McNally can work on some of his minor issues (which are very fixable.) Luckily he looks like a "knee bender" (as opposed to a "waist bender"), this means he can utilize all of his leg power and get much better lower body explosion at the point of contact. Teaching a guy to be a "knee bender" is one of the hardest things in the world, you are kind of born being one or the other, a good example of an explosive "knee bender" is Jason Peters.

Another observation was his hands. He didn't really get a chance to go after very many LB's and Secondary guys this game because all they did was freaking pass, but the game against Jacksonville he mauled LB's. His hand placement was great, he held a few times (no penalties) but that is just going to happen sometimes. When he squats down on pass protection and punches the DT or blitzing LB, he halts their advance very well, and I mentioned earlier in the thread that he is always moving his hands on pass protection, this is great because he normally ends up getting a piece of two guys. He will block his guy right over him and still get a punch in on the guy trying to get into his hole on the inside.

Anyway, if you have any questions I'll gladly answer.

cookie G
04-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Another observation was his hands. He didn't really get a chance to go after very many LB's and Secondary guys this game because all they did was freaking pass, but the game against Jacksonville he mauled LB's. His hand placement was great, he held a few times (no penalties) but that is just going to happen sometimes. When he squats down on pass protection and punches the DT or blitzing LB, he halts their advance very well, and I mentioned earlier in the thread that he is always moving his hands on pass protection, this is great because he normally ends up getting a piece of two guys. He will block his guy right over him and still get a punch in on the guy trying to get into his hole on the inside.

He took up boxing before last season to help with his hand work. I wonder if that had something to do with it.

He also lost 20-25 lbs before last season. That might have helped him on pulling and getting to LB'ers.

He's the anti-Mike Williams :)

gr8slayer
04-16-2007, 09:39 AM
He took up boxing before last season to help with his hand work. I wonder if that had something to do with it.

He also lost 20-25 lbs before last season. That might have helped him on pulling and getting to LB'ers.

He's the anti-Mike Williams :)
Thank god.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Ok, next up is Dockery vs. Cowboys. Should be his biggest challenge yet.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:51 PM
First Series (Turn over on downs)
- Great pass protection, great bending at the knees.
- Amazing job of getting to the LB and knocking him back once he makes contact.
- He and Samuels just collapsed the DL on the Goal Line.
- 4th and Goal from the one he pulls right, Portis gets the ball and is following Dockery, Dockery and the LB make contact and Dockery can't push him back, the hole clogs, Portis doesn't get the TD.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Second Series (FG)
- Pass pro is clearly his greatest strength.
- Was a short series due to a KR after a Safety.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Third Series (Punt)
- Only two plays shown, nothing to talk about.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Forth Series (Turn Over)
- Again, solid pass protection
- Brunell fumbles snap and loses ball.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Fifth Series (TD)
- Nice pancake on an LB
- Two great plays taking on an LB on runs

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Sixth Series (Punt)
- The Redskins pass A LOT
- Basically a four and out, Fauria had a penalty on against him on a huge play and the following play allowed Ware to knock the hell out of Brunell.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Seventh Series (TD)
- Pulled on a sweep, made contact with CB and just seemed to stop. CB made the tackle.
- Pulled on a WR option, did a great job giving Randle El enough time to throw the ball.
- Dockery looks light years better than Randy Thomas (RG for Skins)
- Great pass pro.

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Eighth Series (Missed FG)
- Kind of got bull rushed by Spears but held his ground long enough to give Brunell the time he needed to get rid of the ball.
- Great job on the all out blitz by the left side of the line (Samuels and Dockery), they seem to have a good chemistry and just know what one another are doing without really looking.
- Guy is just flawless when pulling and does a great job at getting to the second level.

This was the last Redskins series of the game. Very exciting finish though.

Mad Bomber
05-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for doing this. Great stuff. :up:

billsburgh
05-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Peters and Dockery are going to be AWESOME

gr8slayer
05-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Peters and Dockery are going to be AWESOME
Yeah man, if they can get the chemistry going like Samuels and Dockery had we are set for years to come on the left side. I like Dockery's play so much I have now ordered his jersey.

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Ok, I got a hold of another Dockery game so I'll be breaking down Dockery vs. Giants today.

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:12 PM
1st Series - Result = Fumble, recovered by Defense.
- Good push on first run. Blocked two guys.
- Got stalemated by the much smaller Kiwanuka.
- Good pass blocking. Does an excellent job of extending arms before DT can get his hands on Dockery. This is very important because the first one to make contact will normally win the fight. Also does a wonderful job at keeping his shoulders squared and his feet facing the LOS on pass pro.
- Got handled by Fred Robbins, RB fumbles and Robbins recovers, Dockery just stood there as soon as the RB hit the LOS.

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:22 PM
2nd Series - Result = TD
- Comes out on the first running play and blocks three guys, literally. Great job.
- On a side note, Betts hits the freaking hole HARD, very nice runner.
- Dockery pulls on the WR option pass and levels the defender giving Randle El sufficient time to throw the TD to Moss. Excellent job pulling, this is going to help us out A TON on the sweeps and screen passes. Great series for Dockery.

Mahdi
07-28-2007, 07:22 PM
where are u watching this?

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:27 PM
3rd Series - Result = Punt
- Good job with pass pro. Campbell started to run and Dockery was the only one who looked for someone down field to block.

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:28 PM
where are u watching this?
I got my hands on some Redskins games from some friends who are Redskin fans.

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:30 PM
4th Series - Result = INT
- Bad job on the screen, his man ended up making the tackle behind the LOS. Had he made his block the RB had a lot of daylight.
- Came back next play and blocked well, QB threw a stupid INT.

Mahdi
07-28-2007, 07:32 PM
O ok nice job!

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:35 PM
5th Series - Result = TD
- Great job getting to the second level, made the key block on a twenty yard run.
- Next play walls off two DL and RB just hits the 5 hole.
- Next play pulls all the way across the line and gets his hands on the SS, good blocking.
- Isn't getting much of a push against Coefield.
- Got away with an easy hold call on the TD pass but Ref doesn't see it it didn't happen.

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:41 PM
6th Series - Result = TD
- Great job on the pass pro.
- Did good getting to the second level yet again, LB still made the play but RB ran into the LB getting blocked.
- Awesome push on the play fake, just blew Coefield off he line.
- Did another great job getting to the second level, opened up the hole for Betts.
- The play went right up Dockery's ass and he opened the hole and Duckett damn near walked in. Excellent job by Dockery. I'm starting to see a trend, he doesn't seem to dominate until the second half.

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:46 PM
7th Series - Result = TD
- Fell while pulling, the Center got blown up and Dockery just fell over the Center's feet. It's hard to blame him on this play but as a pulling OL you have to be watching out for that kind of crap.
- Tremendous job on the screen, destroyed R.W. and Betts went for about forty yards.
- Great pass pro. on the goal line, Sellers scores.

gr8slayer
07-28-2007, 07:48 PM
8th Series - Turnover on downs
- Great job picking up the inside blitz.

END OF THE GAME