PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Who is better TURNER or LYNCH

STAMPY
03-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Or has more talent/potential.

Because Lynch is a 1st round talent. Why wouldn't we not trade our 1st for Turner if he is better than Lynch... if we were going to draft Lynch with the 12th pick in draft. Just saying if we were set with Lynch at 12, i'd rather get TURNER aboard as i feel he is a more COMPLETE BACK.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Give me Lynch.

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Turner

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Now if we can get Turner for a second or third round pick I'll take him so we can take care of something else in the first round.

mchurchfie
03-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Patrick Willis.

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Patrick Willis.

He did have a faster 40 time then both.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
He did have a faster 40 time then both.
Football speed > Forty speed

DraftBoy
03-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Turner without question

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Turner without question
Do elaborate.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
It's basically down to this for the Packers: Work out a trade for Randy Moss, Michael Turner or Darrell Jackson or forget about adding a veteran on offense who can make a major impact next season.

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM

I know, lol Willis is linebacker just a little humor.

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
wheres the quote from?

THATHURMANATOR

Because Lynch is a 1st round talent. Why wouldn't we not trade our 1st for Turner if he is better than Lynch... if we were going to draft Lynch with the 12th pick in draft. Just saying if we were set with Lynch at 12, i'd rather get TURNER aboard as i feel he is a more COMPLETE BACK.
Stamps while turner has more Exp he is not a good receiver. How is a more complete back than Lynch who is very good out of the backfield?

gr8slayer
wheres the quote from?
SI.com

The Answer
03-28-2007, 12:26 PM

At this point you would have to say Turner because he's a proven NFL back, albeit in a back up capacity.

As for Lynch - for all we know he could be the next LT or the next KiJana Carter.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:27 PM
At this point you would have to say Turner because he's a proven NFL back, albeit in a back up capacity.

As for Lynch - for all we know he could be the next LT or the next KiJana Carter.

~The Answer
Proven NFL back? The guy is a freaking back up.

THATHURMANATOR
03-28-2007, 12:29 PM
If you ask me Turner is as big a question mark as drafting a rookie. Plus Turner is older.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:30 PM
If you ask me Turner is as big a question mark as drafting a rookie. Plus Turner is older.
And might cost more.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Proven NFL back? The guy is a freaking back up.

The Answer is aware that you have Lynch on your radar - but keep in mind that Turner does have a gaudy 6.0 career YPC average as a backup.

However when you are backing up the best RB and player in the NFL, and have a great oline that's to be expected.

~The Answer

The Answer
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM

He's not that old:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=player colSpan=2># 33 Michael Turner</TD><TD align=right width=134 rowSpan=2>http://images.nfl.com/images/helmets/134x121/SD.gif (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SD)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=70>http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/493097.jpg</TD><TD class=playerbio>Position: RB
Height: 5-10
Weight: 237
Born: 02/13/1982
College: Northern Illinois
NFL Experience: 4 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
The Answer is aware that you have Lynch on your radar - but keep in mind that Turner does have a gaudy 6.0 career YPC average as a backup.

However when you are backing up the best RB and player in the NFL, and have a great oline that's to be expected.

~The Answer
Exactly. And the best TE in the league, and one of the better young QB's in the league.

ddaryl
03-28-2007, 12:49 PM

pretty much the sole reaosn why you can never be an NFL GM. We need that 1st rd pick for a stud LB that will develope and fill gaps left by Takeo and Fletcher.

nobody is going to piss away a 1st rd draft pick for a backup RB. (However the Bills did piss away a 1st rd pick for Rob Johnson, a career backup QB). Turner can be had for a low 2nd rd pick or a couple 3rd rd picks at most. SD is just holding out hoping someone will up the ante or start a bidding war, but it ain't going to happen. A 1st rd pick is just rediculously to much to spend on another teams backup. Just consider what SD will have ot pay Turner as a backup to keep him happy, or they can low ball him and have a disgruntled back and possible locker room disruption.

The Bills have two extra 3rd rd picks from the Willis trade, hand them over to SD for Turner, but nothing more then that IMO

madness
03-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Turner is better hands down simply because we'd still be able to draft Willis.

Turner's ball security puts any RB in rounds 1 & 2 too shame, especially Peterson and Lynch.

For anybody who gives a damn about fundamentals and played football before, we love running to the left and Turner's left handed.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Turner is better hands down simply because we'd still be able to draft Willis.

Turner's ball security puts any RB in rounds 1 & 2 too shame, especially Peterson and Lynch.

For anybody who gives a damn about fundamentals and played football before, we love running to the left and Turner's left handed.

That's also a good way to look at it - but The Answer admits, that even though Turner has looked great in back up duty, he's still an unproven commodity as a full time starter.

But on the flip side - it's a bigger gamble with Lynch since he's never played a down in this league yet.

~The Answer

Saratoga Slim
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Note also that Turner looks to be a decent guy, while McMarshawn looks like a pain in the ass.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Note also that Turner looks to be a decent guy, while McMarshawn looks like a pain in the ass.

Don't let gr8slayer know that - But The Answer has also heard some negative things about Lynch, which makes me think there's no chance Levy would draft him even if he's on the board.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Don't let gr8slayer know that - But The Answer has also heard some negative things about Lynch, which makes me think there's no chance Levy would draft him even if he's on the board.

~The Answer
Lynch was never arrested or charge with anything.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Marshawn Lynch will not be charged with assualting an ex-girlfriend.
When the story first broke, Lynch's agent stated that police found no evidence of violence, and that appears true, as the prosecutor never filed charges and the case is now closed. There's still a chance for a civil trial, but it appears Lynch is in the clear regarding any jail time.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Lynch was never arrested or charge with anything.

The Answer understands that and to be quite honest The Answer don't really have an opinion about his personality/off field life.

But The Answer has heard 'gangbanger with gold chains from Oakland' references among other things.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 02:13 PM
The Answer understands that and to be quite honest The Answer don't really have an opinion about his personality/off field life.

But The Answer has heard 'gangbanger with gold chains from Oakland' references among other things.

~The Answer
And? At one time Curtis Martin was a gangbanger from PA (ESPN the Magazine article), he turned out to be just fine.

Yasgur's Farm
03-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Proven NFL back? The guy is a freaking back up.So was Steve Young, Larry Johnson, Tom Brady, etc, etc, etc

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 02:18 PM
So was Steve Young, Larry Johnson, Tom Brady, etc, etc, etc
And none of them sat on the bench for 10 plus years.

Yasgur's Farm
03-28-2007, 02:20 PM
And none of them sat on the bench for 10 plus years.10 years? Turner's a 4 year NFL vet.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 02:23 PM
10 years? Turner's a 4 year NFL vet.
I'm sorry, I was thinking we were talking about Holcomb lol.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=123280

evol4276
03-28-2007, 02:25 PM
why are we comparing a rb who has not played in the nfl with a guy who backs up the best rb in the league?? this is a ******ed threa

Devin
03-28-2007, 02:51 PM

While i dont know that id say COMPLETE back, Turner has all the things you look for in a back. The only reason he isnt a starter is because hes behind the greatest RB in the NFL.

I agree with your logic, Im not sold on Lynch. Turner has the size of a FB and the speed of a lethal RB. The kind of big bruising RB we need, only hes faster then Lynch.

There is a reason so many teams are interested in Turner. With Frank Gore getting 28 mil over 5 seasons Turner will come cheaper then that.

Ed
03-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Lynch might end up being the better player and I wouldn't want to use a 1st rounder on Turner, but I'd much rather have Patrick Willis and Turner then Lynch and another rookie LB.

ShadowHawk7
03-28-2007, 08:48 PM
LB Need > RB Need

Talent at LB > Talent at RB

Enough said. We shouldn't use our pick on either.

Nighthawk
03-28-2007, 09:19 PM
IMO Turner has proven nothing to command a first round pick and the kind of money he would want. If you got him for a 3rd, yeah, maybe.

silentaaron2269
03-29-2007, 01:51 AM
lets get both trade away a 1st in 2010 jk i really think turner could be the back we need good bruiser with speed and power

lightningbolt444
03-29-2007, 02:18 AM
how bout a conditional pick in next years draft along with a 6th rounder this year the pick is based on his performance this coming year aka if he has 1500 yards and 15 tds we give SD our 2008 first round pick if hes a bust this year we give em a 4th

Night Train
03-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Turner without question
Agreed.

Plus Lynch was arrested for assualt and kidnapping in December. Charges finally did get dropped but he's been a bitof a head case off the field. Read some scouts comments, saying he could be a punk.

After what the Bills just went through with #21, I have a hard time seeing the Bills selecting this guy.

X-Era
03-29-2007, 06:29 AM

Lynch is a better "prospect" than what Michael Turner already is.

Thats a stupid way to say it...lets try this again...Lynch could become a Shaun Alexander, Turner is a known quantity and is not a stud like Alexander.

Lynch can become a better player than Turner. I really think he will.

Ill take Lynch.

jamze132
03-29-2007, 07:06 AM

Well who knows who will be better? If everyone knew that, we would all be rich. It's about taking a chance and that is one chance I don't like. I would rather take Patrick Willis in the 1st and then grab the best RB in the 2nd.