PDA

View Full Version : The areas that we need to address thus far

jpdex12
03-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Looking at our updated depth charts, we need to address the following areas in the appropriate order come draft time: (We do not need a DT anymore in this draft)
Based on fair assumptions:
LB in the first round. Either an OLB or ILB whichever position has BPA in the 1st for us.
ILB Available Early-
Willis in the first
Siler in the second
ILB Available Late-
Blades in the fourth
DeOssie in the fourth
OLB Available Early-
Poz in the first
Timmons in the first
OLB Available Late-
Everett in the third
Durant in the fourth

CB Available Early-
Hall in the first
Revis in the first
CB Available Late-
Fred Bennett in the fourth
Reggie Lewis in the fifth

RB Available Early-
Lynch in the first
Pittman in the second
RB Available Late-
Dwayne Wright in the fourth
Selvin Young in the fifth

WR Available Early-
Meachem in the first
Gonzo in the second
WR Available Late-
Steve Smith in the late third
Jacoby Jones in the fifth

SS Available Late-
Brandon Harrison in the sixth
Brandon Mitchell in the seventh

QB Available Late-
Palko in the sixth
Rowe in the seventh

FB Available Late-
McClain in the sixth
Anderson in the sixth

Our draft could shape up this way and we could benefit greatly from it:

Round
1-ILB Willis (He would be a solid OLB and could play inside if need be-flexibility)
2-WR Gonzo (He has the character and smarts that Levy/Jauron crave for #2WR)
3-CB Hughes (His stock has dropped some but good fit in the cover 2)
3-OLB Everett (Depth at OLB which we will need. For Injuries during the season)
4-RB Dwayne Wright (Solid RB that knows how to get yards. Good #2 for 2008)
6-FB Anderson (BULLDOZER with athletisism. Good pass protector)
7-SS Mitchell (Depth at SS. Leonhard isn't enough to fill in)
7-QB Rowe (Good size/arm, project at 3rd string)

Pick up a few UFA linemen
and Chris Brown for depth at RB until next year

OpIv37
03-28-2007, 12:23 PM
First, I wouldn't say that we don't need a DT cuz we still don't have anyone who can stop the run. But I would agree that other positions are higher priority at the moment.

Second, if Willis is on the board, he HAS to be the pick. We're desperate for LB help. I wouldn't mind seeing 2 LB's and an RB on the first day.

Third, I'm against a first-day CB. Any inexperienced CB will struggle, and we already have that in Youboty. I wouldn't mind one on the second day for depth/camp competition and maybe an eventual replacement for K Thomas.

jpdex12
03-28-2007, 12:31 PM
First, I wouldn't say that we don't need a DT cuz we still don't have anyone who can stop the run. But I would agree that other positions are higher priority at the moment.

Second, if Willis is on the board, he HAS to be the pick. We're desperate for LB help. I wouldn't mind seeing 2 LB's and an RB on the first day.

Third, I'm against a first-day CB. Any inexperienced CB will struggle, and we already have that in Youboty. I wouldn't mind one on the second day for depth/camp competition and maybe an eventual replacement for K Thomas.

We have 6 DT's already so I would find it hard to imagine that we would draft another especially with McCargo (1st rounder) and TRiplett who we spent $$ on. Williams started last year and Walker can start as well. I think that it would be a wasted pick DT seeing that we have more urgent needs.
I think that Willis will be the pick in round one. I think that he will be there. Too much talk of SF grabbing him when they really need a #1 WR. I see Okoye going to Atlanta. It is important that we grab a CB that has talent even if he takes a year or so to break in as K. Thomas is not really a starter, only in the nickel. We will be relying on him too much but we had no other choise. We badly need a CB for depth in this draft and it shouldn't be a second day 3 year project. Just my opinion of course.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 12:32 PM
If we draft a DT in the first round this year I will be a very very angry person. We just traded away our defensive captain for a DT, we drafted on in the first round. I would be PISSED.

bigbub2352
03-28-2007, 12:39 PM
i think on the first day LB, RB, LB, WR would be sound, but i dont think we will take a WR, so i think we might see another CB taken

OpIv37
03-28-2007, 12:40 PM
If we draft a DT in the first round this year I will be a very very angry person. We just traded away our defensive captain for a DT, we drafted on in the first round. I would be PISSED.

I half agree- we have enough DT's but we don't have any DT's that are good against the run. I'm really concerned about the fact that we have so much invested in a very unproductive position.

jpdex12
03-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I half agree- we have enough DT's but we don't have any DT's that are good against the run. I'm really concerned about the fact that we have so much invested in a very unproductive position.

True, but we should give them time to prove themselves.