PDA

View Full Version : Bills Briefs: AP, Willis & Disgrunted Vets?

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Just a few short weeks ago it seemed ridiculous to think Adrian Peterson would just fall into the Buffalo Bills’ laps with the 12th pick. But with each passing day what once seemed a cruel conspiracy theory directed towards Bills faithful continues to gain legitimate steam. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Houston</st1:City> owns the 10th pick and not long ago seemed like a lock to take AP; should he slip past <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> picking third.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
But with reports circulating that tackle Chris Spencer may not be ready for the start of the 2007 season, not to mention the $48-million invested in new quarterback Matt Schaub, there’s a good chance the Texans could tab Levi Brown with their first pick. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> could be the biggest stumbling block, as Brown is highly regarded by head coach Cam Cameron. It likely comes down to Brown or defensive tackles Amobi Okoye and Alan Branch when <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> is on the clock. Naturally, the Browns could still take Peterson, but if JaMarcus Russell is on the board you can bank on GM Phil Savage scooping him up. Brady Quinn is another possibility, as is tackle Joe Thomas.More (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2007/03/28/Bills_Briefs_AP_Willis_Disgruntled_Vets)<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Saratoga Slim
03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Good job Pat.

jamesiscool
03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
well its looking more and more like the bills have quite a few options in the first round. alot more than we all might have thought just a few weeks ago.

The more options we have at 12 thought the more people are going to get angry when we draft someone who we don't think deserves to be taken that high in the first and could have been available a few picks later.

But hey I'm not goint to complain this is a nice problem to have.

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
well its looking more and more like the bills have quite a few options in the first round. alot more than we all might have thought just a few weeks ago.

The more options we have at 12 thought the more people are going to get angry when we draft someone who we don't think deserves to be taken that high in the first and could have been available a few picks later.

But hey I'm not goint to complain this is a nice problem to have.
Willis and AP are obviously the big two options. One of them could possibly be on the board. If both are (and that's unbelievably unlikely) then that is a real dilemna. If one is, then I think its an easy pick.

With Willis, there is no other LB I want near the top half of round one. As I wrote, I found out Timmons is represented by Rosenhaus, so F him. And I can't stand Andy Kaetzelmoyer Jr (spelling?)- Paul Posluszny. I like the value at the bottom of round one for LB's much better: Beason and Siler.

BTW, I have a friend out on the West Coast; I was going to include this in that peice, but didnt have time. He told me word for word
"Almost every mock draft in America is going to be wrong, because there isn't a chance in the world that Marshawn Lynch will be on the board at #16."

Apparently, he's THAT good.

casdhf
03-28-2007, 04:52 PM
"I attempted (unsuccessfully) to contact Harry Henderson, representative for former Bills receiver Eric Moulds."

:rofl:

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 04:53 PM
"I attempted (unsuccessfully) to contact Harry Henderson, representative for former Bills receiver Eric Moulds."

:rofl:
Did I say something funny?
You dont know me, and Im not going to bother with you

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey pat Engram Reuped with seattle a week or so ago

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Ya, I just caught that.. Good look.

Maybe Moulds can play in the Arena League then; I dont have an ounce of sympathy for him at all.

ScottLawrence
03-28-2007, 08:50 PM
If AP is there, you can't pass.

Even if he isn't, I'm hoping we go Lynch in first round, and go Linebacker in 2nd and perhaps another LB in the third along with another CB.

gr8slayer
03-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Good article as usual Pat.

Bulldog
03-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Nice work Pat. I don't always agree with you on this board, but that was a good read!