• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Disgruntled Vets vs. Buffalo Management

As demoralizing as it was to see Takeo Spikes traded to Philadelphia, it’s hard to not to lose some respect for him following comments made to a radio station in Philadelphia. According to Star 102.5 in Buffalo, when asked if Spikes would keep his family in Buffalo, Spikes responded by saying "we will be out of Buffalo in the speed of light." Not a lot of class coming from a player taken in as one of it’s own by loyal fans.· Lastly, though I admit being disgusted by Spikes’ unnecessary digs at Buffalo, it’s alarming that nearly every veteran that’s left over the past 3+ seasons has had negative things to say on their way out. Ruben Brown, Pat Williams, Eric Moulds, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, Nate Clements, Willis McGahee, London Fletcher and now Spikes have all made digs at the team and/or front office upon their departures. Makes you wonder if they could all be wrong? Is this a collection of aging, disgruntled veterans—or is this just really a franchise being run far inferior to most others around the league?

So what does everyone think? Are these just disgruntled players or is there something seriously wrong with the FO at OBD mistreating vets? I think if anything, it's the frustration with Ralphie boy...lets see, in the past 3-4 years theyve had major issues each time. First it's the coach, then the GM, then the QB, etc... You have to admit, the Bills organization has not been the most stable organization in the league, and if you were working for a bunch of numbnuts who couldnt seem to hire the right people and were losing perennially, you can't tell me YOU would want the hell out. It's just sad that our team is one of those teams that couldn't get their crap together. When youre a team that has as many losing seasons as the Bills do, and it's hard enough to attract talent, having so many respected vets leaving with a bitter taste in their mouths is discouraging. Lets hope come this year, it stops.
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Re: Disgruntled Vets vs. Buffalo Management

this is what i dont understand. when we had pat williams sam adamslawyer london a spikes on the roster we never went to the playoffs. why keep these guys around if having them never meant winning games.

I'm NOT syaing that it was these players faults that we didn't win but why have players on the roster that never really won for us. yes our D was rated 2nd in the league a few years ago but what were the past 2-3 years.

I'm Happy that this team is getting a facelift and we are building through the draft.
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

I don't think this only applies to Buffalo. The NFL is a cut throat business. Most players leave on sour terms, or they most likely wouldn't be leaving.

Plus, this is a new front office and coaching staff. You can't blame Marv for any negative comments or feelings from guys like Ruben Brown, Pat Williams, Sam Adams and Moulds. It's Donahoe and Mularkey/GW that f'd with those guys.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jamesiscool
        this is what i dont understand. when we had pat williams sam adamslawyer london a spikes on the roster we never went to the playoffs. why keep these guys around if having them never meant winning games.

I'm NOT syaing that it was these players faults that we didn't win but why have players on the roster that never really won for us. yes our D was rated 2nd in the league a few years ago but what were the past 2-3 years.

I'm Happy that this team is getting a facelift and we are building through the draft.
        I think the biggest reason we didnt make the playoffs during that span was because of absolutely horrible coaching.

To this day, I think Mularkey was the single worst head coach in this club's history, and that includes the Hank Bulllough and Kay Stephenson-led teams of the 1980's. At least they had an excuse; those teams had no talent.

With Mularkey it's different. He had no clue on how to manage on game days, and he was horrible at maintaning team chemistry.

The person that would've been the perfect coach during this span with all of those defensive stars is actually the person who's GM today; Marv Levy.

Marv was never a great X's and O's guy, but what he did better than ANY coach was manage a team full of egos and teaching them to leave it at the door.

Mularkey was horrible and totally lost his team. Donahoe didnt help much either, because besides the dubious hire, the drafting of McGahee and then trade of Henry was horrible, not to mention the disaster 2002 draft when we took Mike Williams and Josh Reed over Bryant McKinnie and Deon Branch in back to back rounds.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Plus, don't forget that Spikes had worse things to say about the Cincy organization when he left there.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Most if not all of those vets were either questionmarks (Spikes) or on the downside of their careers. Besides, what did the team achieve while they were here? Nothing.

fans want to complain about mediocrity? These guys were part of it. They're just sourgraping because we went with youth.

What I can't understand is how Brown and Williams is part of that list when Marv wasn't running things when they were let go. Pat even said last year that if Marv was the GM , he would probably still be a bill.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

i could care less if these brats drown me in their tears of envy. i've seen more guts in 11 year old kids than i have in these millionaire cowards. they sugar coat everything while they're here, everything is kosher, and when they leave the gloves come off. i have more respect for john rocker. at least he says what he feels instead of giving you a load of crap.

let these overpaid, overhyped thugs go shoot up a night club and impregnant unwed mothers in another city.

baltimore isn't really a party scene, willis, but i'm sure you'll find a way to lose your condoms - just like how you lost yardage on third and short - in some sort of "U"-infested night club

philly sports teams haven't won **** in almost 30 years, takeo, but i'm sure you'll find more than enough grease at pat's to lube up that bum knee.

washington is like that shiny bmwx5 that costs an arm and a leg, then breaks down after 10k miles, london, but hey - you'll get paid - just like bruce, brunell, deion and all the other overpaid castoffs on the downside of their career but too dull to realize it.

talk all the **** you want guys, bottom line, you did nothing for us while you were here. maybe if you had won us a playoff game or even took the field in a remotely competitive manner, i could see the justification in your smack... but until you prove on the field you're a star, stfu and spare me.

Comment

• The Answer
                The Plagiarist
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by raphael120
                [/font]

So what does everyone think? Are these just disgruntled players or is there something seriously wrong with the FO at OBD mistreating vets? I think if anything, it's the frustration with Ralphie boy...lets see, in the past 3-4 years theyve had major issues each time. First it's the coach, then the GM, then the QB, etc... You have to admit, the Bills organization has not been the most stable organization in the league, and if you were working for a bunch of numbnuts who couldnt seem to hire the right people and were losing perennially, you can't tell me YOU would want the hell out. It's just sad that our team is one of those teams that couldn't get their crap together. When youre a team that has as many losing seasons as the Bills do, and it's hard enough to attract talent, having so many respected vets leaving with a bitter taste in their mouths is discouraging. Lets hope come this year, it stops.
                It's the front office - no question about it.

What player that has left in recent years has actually had something good to say???

~The Answer

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                  Plus, don't forget that Spikes had worse things to say about the Cincy organization when he left there.
                  Actually, I was at the Spikes press conference when he signed with Buffalo; and he pretty much refused to even discuss Cinci, kinda what he's trying to do now with the Philly media.

I remember spikes during his initial Buffalo P.C. making several references to Japenese Warrriors. I remember it vividly because I was standing next to Jonas Jenning (teammate at that time and former U of Georgia teammates) and saying "what the F is he talking about."

I dont mind Spikes throwing a couple of verbal jabs at the Bills FO and questioning their committment to winning (I question it too); but as I stated in a peice earlier to say that his family will be out of Buffalo like "the speed of light" was a pretty discraceful thing to say.

Spikes' home in Buffalo will cost about 3% of what it will in Philly. Lets see you how like that, **** face.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    I think the biggest reason we didnt make the playoffs during that span was because of absolutely horrible coaching.

To this day, I think Mularkey was the single worst head coach in this club's history, and that includes the Hank Bulllough and Kay Stephenson-led teams of the 1980's. At least they had an excuse; those teams had no talent.

With Mularkey it's different. He had no clue on how to manage on game days, and he was horrible at maintaning team chemistry.

The person that would've been the perfect coach during this span with all of those defensive stars is actually the person who's GM today; Marv Levy.

Marv was never a great X's and O's guy, but what he did better than ANY coach was manage a team full of egos and teaching them to leave it at the door.

Mularkey was horrible and totally lost his team. Donahoe didnt help much either, because besides the dubious hire, the drafting of McGahee and then trade of Henry was horrible, not to mention the disaster 2002 draft when we took Mike Williams and Josh Reed over Bryant McKinnie and Deon Branch in back to back rounds.

that all falls on TD's head not Marv's. Milloy and Vincent had no place in this scheme and neither did Fletcher. Fletcher's main beef was that they didn't want to sign him to an extension in his last year. Why should they? If that's so wrong then BB was stupid for letting Milloy go. That's not the case.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Actually, I was at the Spikes press conference when he signed with Buffalo; and he pretty much refused to even discuss Cinci, kinda what he's trying to do now with the Philly media.

I remember spikes during his initial Buffalo P.C. making several references to Japenese Warrriors. I remember it vividly because I was standing next to Jonas Jenning (teammate at that time and former U of Georgia teammates) and saying "what the F is he talking about."

I dont mind Spikes throwing a couple of verbal jabs at the Bills FO and questioning their committment to winning (I question it too); but as I stated in a peice earlier to say that his family will be out of Buffalo like "the speed of light" was a pretty discraceful thing to say.

Spikes' home in Buffalo will cost about 3% of what it will in Philly. Lets see you how like that, **** face.
                      Yeah, I was thinking more before he even signed with the Bills. It was kind of a similar situation to Lance Briggs, but you're right, I don't remember him actually ripping on the city of Cincinatti itself.

Although I don't think his comment about getting out of Buffalo was that bad. He's always said positive things about the fans and community, maybe it's more that he's just excited and ready for a fresh start in Philly and less about getting the hell out of Buffalo.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

I also don't think it helps any that at any given chance Buffalo fans go ballistic and give off the aura of a bunch of knee-jerk-reaction cry babies... that and the fact that NYS spent nearly a century making most of the state uninhabitable.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          that all falls on TD's head not Marv's. Milloy and Vincent had no place in this scheme and neither did Fletcher. Fletcher's main beef was that they didn't want to sign him to an extension in his last year. Why should they? If that's so wrong then BB was stupid for letting Milloy go. That's not the case.
                          Yeah, I don't recall London saying anything negative about Buffalo. He just wanted a contract extension and didn't get it. It's not like he hated Buffalo or didn't want to be here.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

I think the players are mostly pissed that they wasted big chunks of their careers with a team that never made the playoffs and has been mediochre at best

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Actually, he directly or indirectly insulted the city of Buffalo during this interview (and I dont have the link, but it was on both wyrk and star 102 this morning)

He said Buffalo was a city of "little to do" especially outside of the city; and that.. again , he was moving his family "like the speed of light" out of Buffalo.

Now anybody who's read a thing I've written in the past few weeks KNOWS I was a huge Spikes supporter and fought for him to not be traded.. But after those comments, I'm glad his ass is gone now.

Comment

Working...
                              X