PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's going to have a visitor

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Bills | Meachem to visit
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:31:03 -0700
KFFL has learned the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl">Buffalo Bills will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem (http://www.kffl.com/player/16063/nfl) April 3.

The Answer
03-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Bills | Meachem to visit
KFFL has learned the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl">Buffalo Bills will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem (http://www.kffl.com/player/16063/nfl) April 3.

And there you have it - this year's version of Dante Whitner. Guess we know who Marv and company are reaching for this year at #12.

~The Answer

evol4276
03-28-2007, 05:57 PM
sweet. i am a fan of meachem since the combine

*edit* though not that early

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Dont get too excited or upset, he is also visiting KC, SD, Minny, NE, and St. louis.

casdhf
03-28-2007, 06:02 PM
He heard dino BBQ was good

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Dont get too excited or upset, he is also visiting KC, SD, Minny, NE, and St. louis.

I expect them to be visiting with a lot of folks before the 29th. Hell the patriots have had visits with every member of this draft class.

gil
03-28-2007, 06:04 PM
good to know they're considering WR at some point - hopefully not before RB or LB though...

jamesiscool
03-28-2007, 06:15 PM
man itd be nice to see him in a bills uni tho....

maybe we're trading back into the first?

Slim
03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
And there you have it - this year's version of Dante Whitner. Guess we know who Marv and company are reaching for this year at #12.

~The Answer

.. Even though we never had Whitner at OBD last year.

RockStar36
03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
.. Even though we never had Whitner at OBD last year.

Shhhh....The Answer knows everything.

justasportsfan
03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
wasn't DT or OL from last years draft here for a visit too that we didn't end up drafting?

ShadowHawk7
03-28-2007, 06:32 PM
No thanks at 12, yes thanks at 20-25 via trade up.

acehole
03-28-2007, 06:37 PM
No thanks at 12, yes thanks at 20-25 via trade up.

Interesting because that is where we may pick him.....

Slim
03-28-2007, 06:41 PM
wasn't DT or OL from last years draft here for a visit too that we didn't end up drafting?

Huff was here.

X-Era
03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Bills | Meachem to visit
KFFL has learned the Buffalo Bills will meet with Tennessee WR (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl)Robert Meachem (http://www.kffl.com/player/16063/nfl) April 3.

Wow...this is the type of news that we look back on on draft day and say "wow, should have seen this move". If true, I think the Bills would have to be thinking about him in the bottom of the first round. We dont have a pick there as you know. So, it must be the Bills are seriously looking into moving back into the late 1st.

Its an interesting story because of where hes likely to get drafted, the Bills knowing where hes likely to go, and still having him in for a look.

As far as Meachem goes, hes basically a mix of Evans and Moulds in the same guy. Hes a very very good prospect. 6' 3" 210lbs? and he runs a 4.41? Hes a great prospect. Hes the perfect player to come in and start as a #2 adn could easily end up being a #1 if Evans were to leave.

Tatonka
03-28-2007, 08:21 PM
meachem... the guy who was a total waste of talent for 2 years at UTen, then "found the love of the game" right before his junior year when he realized that he may be drafted? so he went out and had one pretty decent year.. one time... then had a great workout, improving his stock dramatically?

wow.. sounds like a guy i want..

:up:

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow...this is the type of news that we look back on on draft day and say "wow, should have seen this move". If true, I think the Bills would have to be thinking about him in the bottom of the first round. We dont have a pick there as you know. So, it must be the Bills are seriously looking into moving back into the late 1st.

Its an interesting story because of where hes likely to get drafted, the Bills knowing where hes likely to go, and still having him in for a look.

As far as Meachem goes, hes basically a mix of Evans and Moulds in the same guy. Hes a very very good prospect. 6' 3" 210lbs? and he runs a 4.41? Hes a great prospect. Hes the perfect player to come in and start as a #2 adn could easily end up being a #1 if Evans were to leave.

Troy Williamson, who everyone hates on in this forum:

6'1" 3/8 , 4.38 speed.

I'm not saying I dont want him, I am just surprised so many like him so much, especially w/ our first pick. I just think we should be wary of workout heroes. I'd take him with the 3rd rounder, MAYBE 2nd if the other receivers ranked ahead of him are gone. That being said, I'd take him ahead of Ginn.

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2007, 08:27 PM
meachem... the guy who was a total waste of talent for 2 years at UTen, then "found the love of the game" right before his junior year when he realized that he may be drafted? so he went out and had one pretty decent year.. one time... then had a great workout, improving his stock dramatically?

wow.. sounds like a guy i want..

:up:

exactly

X-Era
03-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Troy Williamson, who everyone hates on in this forum:

6'1" 3/8 , 4.38 speed.

I'm not saying I dont want him, I am just surprised so many like him so much, especially w/ our first pick. I just think we should be wary of workout heroes. I'd take him with the 3rd rounder, MAYBE 2nd if the other receivers ranked ahead of him are gone. That being said, I'd take him ahead of Ginn.

Hes not just a workout hero. Hes a productive player who battles for the ball (unlike Williamson), hes a strong bodied guy (unlike Williamson), who will get you tough YAC. Hes more like Moulds than Williamson or even Evans for that matter.

I would say Id prefer Dwayne Jarret as a bigger, tougher WR rather than a deep threat but Meachem has the same tools and better speed.

from footballs future:

Meachem was a big time recruit in 2003 that injured his knee and redshirted his first season in Knoxville. His first season on the field in 2004 showed his big play ability. He caught 35 passes for 459 yards and four touchdowns. His numbers were similar as a sophomore, where he caught 29 balls for 388 yards and two touchdowns. Meachem broke out as a junior, finally living up to the hype he had coming to Tennessee. He was named to various All American teams after hauling in 71 passes for 1,298 yards and 11 touchdowns. Robert Meachem is the total package at wide receiver. He has an excellent frame. He is tall, but has a solid build and the strength to overpower corners. He has shown the ability to be an intermediate and red zone threat with his combination of size, strength, and athleticism. What makes him stand out though is his ability to move and make plays with the ball in his hands. Meachem has very good speed, and has the quickness to change direction and make defenders miss.
Meachem has had only one year where he did what was expected. He’s had issues dropping passes in the past, and has had problems believing in his own ability. He appeared to mature as a junior, and the result was an excellent season. He still will need to show that he’s ready to work and can sustain his confidence at the next level.
This is turning out to be a very deep draft for wide receivers, and Meachem is a part of that. With his combination of talent, he could be taken anywhere in the draft. It may be tough to overtake guys like Dwayne Jarrett and Calvin Johnson, but once workouts come around, do not be surprised to see Meachem land somewhere in the first round.