PDA

View Full Version : Bills to meet with Robert Meachem

BILLSROCK1212
03-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Bills | Meachem to visit
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:31:03 -0700
KFFL has learned the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem (http://www.kffl.com/player/16063/nfl) April 3.

jamesiscool
03-28-2007, 06:13 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm innnnnnnnnterestinggg.......

venis2k1
03-28-2007, 07:06 PM
gotta like his size

X-Era
03-28-2007, 07:11 PM
gotta like his size

Well, youve got half of it right....he runs a 4.41 40. for a guy thats 6' 3" 220-ish thats a very very good speed.

He'd be a fantastic #2 prospect.

Ron Burgundy
03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Awesome...I like Meachem a lot. I think he'd be great with Lee Evans.

HHURRICANE
03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Don't read anything into it. They are going to look at all of the talent available. We had Bunkley in last year and we know how that turned out.

X-Era
03-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Don't read anything into it. They are going to look at all of the talent available. We had Bunkley in last year and we know how that turned out.
Im sorry, but I think its worth something.

If it wasnt, we'd be seeing comments about us "looking" at Jamarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Gaines Adams, Quentin Moses, Calvin Johnson....You get the point.

They wouldnt look if they werent thinking they had a shot and that they were interested, IMO.

alohabillsfan
03-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Got to look at alot of talent in the 12-24 range never know who wants to trade, especially if your looking at their guy!

Scumbag College
03-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Trade down into the high teens or very low twenties if possible if you really, really want this guy and add hopefully another 2nd rounder if possible.

It would be nice to have a 6'3' 220lb that could run like that, but there are more pressing needs on this team.

DraftBoy
03-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Trade down with SD for Turner and extra pick then take Meachem! Siler in Round 2!

X-Era
03-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Trade down into the high teens or very low twenties if possible if you really, really want this guy and add hopefully another 2nd rounder if possible.

It would be nice to have a 6'3' 220lb that could run like that, but there are more pressing needs on this team.

Thanks, but no thanks.

The trade down version works for teams that need more of less, not teams that need less of more.

Trade up? fine. Trade down? why.

We are, overall, lesser in talent, it needs upgrading or we can expect a mediocre season.

DraftBoy
03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

The trade down version works for teams that need more of less, not teams that need less of more.

We are, overall, lesser in talent, it needs upgrading or we can expect a mediocre season.

How can you justify a trade up? We need every pick we can get.

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

None of anything you just wrote makes any sense.

chernobylwraiths
03-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Didn't he play for the Yankees? He's gotta be like 50 or something.

Scumbag College
03-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks, but no thanks.

He'd be a nice fit, but if the Bills take a WR in the first and overlook more pressing needs (LB and RB are pretty glaring needs right now) than they will need MORE Day 1 picks to fill those holes.

X-Era
03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
[quote=DraftBoyHow can you justify a trade up? We need every pick we can get.[/quote]

Every pick we can get?

Why again?

We traded away or allowed our best players to leave. And now, with less than even average overll talent, you would argue NOT to trade up?

I would agree if we were a deep team, or if we didnt need critical positions.

But in my mind, we are down a starting (IMO, franchise) RB, ILB, OLB, and CB.

Thats a total of 4 starting positions, and if you consider ILB manned by Crowell, were only looking at 3 positions. This basically "sh_t cans" teh idea of having last years 3rd round CB have a shot at the starting CB position vacated by Clements. If you say Youboty fills the starting CB spot and Crowell fills one of the starting LB spots...............

We are down to needing 2, count em, 2, starting players in the draft!!!!

That means, potentially, out of 4 day one picks, we need, 2 starters.

And we need to trade down for more picks? We need more than 4 for 2 starters? Im sorry, that makes no sense.

Backups can be had any day of the week through late round picks or simply signing FA's. We need oru new studs, we thought we had them, and we just traded the main potential studs away. Thats fine with me, as long as you realize that moving down or singing lower rounders...means signing "likely", lower talent. Thats illogical for a team that just moved our supposed best players, and has no studly replacements.

Sorry, we are short on studs right now. Draft em high. Trade up if necessary, get the best possible replacements.

Just my opinion.

ublinkwescore
03-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Trade down with SD for Turner and extra pick then take Meachem! Siler in Round 2!

is there any way for us to land Lynch, Meachem, and then Siler?

Tatonka
03-28-2007, 08:35 PM
meachem... the guy who was a total waste of talent for 2 years at UTen, then "found the love of the game" right before his junior year when he realized that he may be drafted? so he went out and had one pretty decent year.. one time... then had a great workout, improving his stock dramatically?

wow.. sounds like a guy i want..

ublinkwescore
03-28-2007, 08:41 PM
meachem... the guy who was a total waste of talent for 2 years at UTen, then "found the love of the game" right before his junior year when he realized that he may be drafted? so he went out and had one pretty decent year.. one time... then had a great workout, improving his stock dramatically?

Yeah, I saw your identical post in another thread...

At any rate, if Marv and Co. take him, I'll trust their judgement that he's matured a little - if what you say is true.

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Many people are considering Meacham the top WR prospect in the draft, not counting that freak of nature CJ.

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Buffalo could also be covering their tracks (which to me would be a change)

If Willis and AP are both taken, and they don't want Lynch for whatever reason. They are scouting players in that 18-25 range.

It would make no sense not to move down from 12 if Willis/AP are both gone; as they'd get poor value for a LB or WR in that spot.

Night Train
03-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Might be a 2nd round consideration but the message is clear.

The Bills aren't happy with Peerless at the #2 spot.

Ron Burgundy
03-29-2007, 02:49 AM

Or, is he the guy who ****ed around, but got his **** together, and started putting some work in?

He knew damn well he could be drafted before his junior year...he was a #1 high school recruit and a complete badass.

Meachem's gonna be fine.

BILLSROCK1212
03-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Might be a 2nd round consideration but the message is clear.

The Bills aren't happy with Peerless at the #2 spot.he wont be around in the 2nd round

Earthquake Enyart
03-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Smokescreen..

Talk0fNewYork
03-29-2007, 08:09 AM
he is definatly a Marv type of guy, he's very religeous, he is a big target, great hands, and great yards after catch. he would become a great #2 guy.

mysticsoto
03-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Smokescreen..

Exactly. If there is one position in this draft that has great depth, it is WR. We could probably grab a very decent prospect early in day 2 and still do well!!!

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Exactly. If there is one position in this draft that has great depth, it is WR. We could probably grab a very decent prospect early in day 2 and still do well!!!

I agree this is plausible, and a guy I really like is Jacoby Jones (Rd 3 prospect). However now anytime a gm mentions a visit or a guys name everybody screams smokescreen, maybe Marv likes him alot and is letting the public know of his visit because he knows everyone will assume smokescreen and then he'll fly under the radar.

mysticsoto
03-29-2007, 09:05 AM
I agree this is plausible, and a guy I really like is Jacoby Jones (Rd 3 prospect). However now anytime a gm mentions a visit or a guys name everybody screams smokescreen, maybe Marv likes him alot and is letting the public know of his visit because he knows everyone will assume smokescreen and then he'll fly under the radar.

There are quite a few that could surprise in later rounds. A few of them that I like are: Brandon Myles, Mike Walker, Legedu Naanee and maybe even Laurent Robinson. I'm sure atleast one of these, if not all, would be available in the 4th rd.

Keep the 1st day for MLB, OLB, RB, CB.

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 09:08 AM
There are quite a few that could surprise in later rounds. A few of them that I like are: Brandon Myles, Mike Walker, Legedu Naanee and maybe even Laurent Robinson. I'm sure atleast one of these, if not all, would be available in the 4th rd.

Keep the 1st day for MLB, OLB, RB, CB.

Dont see many good RB's that are going be heads and shoulders above each other rounds 2-4.

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Jacoby Jones sounds like a character. The Siruius guys love him. Good interview too.

How bout Jason Hill (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/hill_jason)from Washington State? 3rd round?

Tatonka
03-29-2007, 09:15 AM
if you guys feel like a 1st round pick has so little value that it should be used on an underperforming one year wonder, workout warrior, then meachem is your guy.

mysticsoto
03-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Dont see many good RB's that are going be heads and shoulders above each other rounds 2-4.

Probably not, but I guess I'm kind of hoping for a day 1 like:

1. Patrick Willis (ILB)
2. Kenny Irons (RB)
3a. Daymeion Hughes (CB)
3b. Quincy Black (OLB)

With a day 2 start of:

4. Brandon Myles (WR)

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 09:29 AM
if you guys feel like a 1st round pick has so little value that it should be used on an underperforming one year wonder, workout warrior, then meachem is your guy.

I dont even begin to understand your hate for this guy. So he only had one good year in college. It wasnt like he came from nowhere. Kid was a number 1 HS recruit, and its not like top recruits have never been late bloomers beform. Your insinuation in other threads that the kid doesnt work hard, or is lazy is rather disgusting considering you provide no links to backup these accusations and appear to only be slandering his name. Do you have anything to backup your claims about this kid?

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Probably not, but I guess I'm kind of hoping for a day 1 like:

1. Patrick Willis (ILB)
2. Kenny Irons (RB)
3a. Daymeion Hughes (CB)
3b. Quincy Black (OLB)

With a day 2 start of:

4. Brandon Myles (WR)

Not a bad draft at all, wouldnt mine switching Irons and Hughes and making it;

2. Siler
3a. Irons
3b. Jones
4. Coe

Tatonka
03-29-2007, 09:41 AM
the kid was a clear underperformer.. what other proof do you want?

he was a highly recruited highschool guy.. who did nothing as a freshman (no big surprise, most freshman dont).. did EVEN worse as a sophmore.. gained a reputation for dropping passes and lack of concentration..

then had ONE decent year.. not great year.. decent. 1200 yards.. wow.. i am in floored with that phenominal production.

then didnt go back for a senior season to show he could actually do it twice in a row.. it took him 3 years to live up to expectations.. then he had a great combine because he is strong and fast..

i mean what proof do you want?

we have 3 years to judge and he was putrid for 2 of the 3 and above average but not great in the 3rd..

how bout this.. what the **** has this guy done to deserve a 1st round pick????

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 09:46 AM

he was a highly recruited highschool guy.. who did nothing as a freshman (no big surprise, most freshman dont).. did EVEN worse as a sophmore.. gained a reputation for dropping passes and lack of concentration..

then had ONE decent year.. not great year.. decent. 1200 yards.. wow.. i am in floored with that phenominal production.

then didnt go back for a senior season to show he could actually do it twice in a row.. it took him 3 years to live up to expectations.. then he had a great combine because he is strong and fast..

we have 3 years to judge and he was putrid for 2 of the 3 and above average but not great in the 3rd..

Jesus T you act like nobody has ever struggled out of HS to adjust to the college game. Well aside from becoming Tennessee's only consistent and deep field threat who made the tough catches he also became a leader on that offense. So what he didnt come back? Who gives a damn. Basically all you have is that the kid didnt live up to his hype for two years, thats a great basis upon which to bash a kid. And I got him graded in Round 2 not 1.

blackonyx89
03-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah,Robert Mitchum would be a great addition to the roster! LOL! Tall,speedy,and can take a hit. LOL!:limpclap:

Tatonka
03-29-2007, 09:53 AM
sorry.. your not convincing me that underperforming, ball dropping, workout warrior who only found out how to catch a ball in his junior season is worth a first round pick.

if the guy is sweet in the nfl, i will eat crow... but i think the guy is going to be a bust and dont want him on the bills.. not to mention that we have far more pressing needs in the first round.

camelcowboy
03-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Sounds like T hates this guy as much as i hate Leon hall :up:

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 09:58 AM
sorry.. your not convincing me that underperforming, ball dropping, workout warrior who only found out how to catch a ball in his junior season is worth a first round pick.

if the guy is sweet in the nfl, i will eat crow... but i think the guy is going to be a bust and dont want him on the bills.. not to mention that we have far more pressing needs in the first round.

See I have no issue with that

mysticsoto
03-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Not a bad draft at all, wouldnt mine switching Irons and Hughes and making it;

2. Siler
3a. Irons
3b. Jones
4. Coe

So you'd want to draft both Patrick Willis AND Siler? Two MLBs in rounds 1 & 2 ???

I don't know that Irons is going to last past the 2nd rd. After Peterson and Lynch, Pittman and Irons are the next best batch...

DraftBoy
03-29-2007, 01:04 PM
So you'd want to draft both Patrick Willis AND Siler? Two MLBs in rounds 1 & 2 ???

I don't know that Irons is going to last past the 2nd rd. After Peterson and Lynch, Pittman and Irons are the next best batch...

Siler plays OLB too, so it gives us depth at our two weakest posistions.

baalworship
03-29-2007, 01:10 PM
In the 2004 draft the only two players that were listed as having visited the Bills before the draft were JP Losman and Lee Evans.

We didn't really try to fool anyone.

Tatonka
03-29-2007, 06:56 PM
that was also different management.

jpdex12
03-29-2007, 09:00 PM

Calvin Johnson 2006 Stats
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 id=special align=middle><TD align=left>Player</TD><TD align=middle>REC</TD><TD align=middle>REYD</TD><TD align=middle>REYR</TD><TD align=middle>RETD</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Calvin Johnson (http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/502629)</TD><TD align=middle>76</TD><TD align=middle>1202</TD><TD align=middle>15.8</TD><TD align=middle>15</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2005 Stats
<TABLE class=stattable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>RECEIVING</TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1> </TD><!--<td align="right">G</td>--><TD align=right>Rec</TD><TD align=right>Yds</TD><TD align=right>Avg</TD><TD align=right>TD</TD><!--<td align="right">Yd/G</td>--></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD>Calvin Johnson (http://georgiatech.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=37641)</TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1> </TD><!--<td align="right"></td>--><TD align=right>54</TD><TD align=right>888</TD><TD align=right>16.4</TD><TD align=right>6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2004 Stats
<TABLE class=stattable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD>Calvin Johnson (http://georgiatech.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=37641)</TD><TD colSpan=3 height=1> </TD><!--<td align="right"></td>--><TD align=right>43</TD><TD align=right>729</TD><TD align=right>17.0</TD><TD align=right>7</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Robert Meachem 2006 Stats
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 id=special align=middle><TD align=left>Player</TD><TD align=middle>REC</TD><TD align=middle>REYD</TD><TD align=middle>REYR</TD><TD align=middle>RETD</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Robert Meachem (http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/431497)</TD><TD align=middle>71</TD><TD align=middle>1298</TD><TD align=middle>18.3</TD><TD align=middle>11</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
2005 Stats
Robert Meachem (http://www.fansonly.com/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/mtt/meachem_robert00.html) 11 29 383 13.2 2 50 34.8

2004 Stats
Robert Meachem (http://www.fansonly.com/schools/tenn/sports/m-footbl/mtt/meachem_robert00.html) 13 25 459 18.4 4 53 35.3

I guess you just don't like Meachem's name or something?

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 12:05 AM
what are you trying to show me..

that calvin johnson was clearly a good player, one of the ONLY good players on georia techs offense, that had good CONSISTENT improvement over the course of his college career.. 700, 900, and 1200 yards.. 43, 54, and 76 catches.. 7, then 6, then 15 tds... that shows me a player that worked at getting better.

meachems 450, 400 and 1300 yards, to go with 4, then TWO, then 11 tds.. 25, 29, then 71 catches. that looks like a player that blew for 2 years.. then had a HUGE leap in producting. he actually regressed, then blew up when it was time to get paid.