PDA

View Full Version : My best guess at what the Bills do at #12

Nighthawk
03-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Until today, I truly believed the Bills would pass on Lynch in the 1st, but after reading Jauron's comments in the Buffalo News...I'm not so sure. He stated that the offense needs to do more to keep the defense off the field and score more points and that would be how the defense gets better. Well, those comments make me believe we draft Lynch at #12 or Peterson if he somehow falls to us. This will make our offense much more productive and use that OL talent to it's fullest potential. Then we pick up a LB in round 2 because their is more depth at the LB position in the draft than their is at the RB position. I guess we will see.

Scumbag College
03-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Until today, I truly believed the Bills would pass on Lynch in the 1st, but after reading Jauron's comments in the Buffalo News...I'm not so sure. He stated that the offense needs to do more to keep the defense off the field and score more points and that would be how the defense gets better. Well, those comments make me believe we draft Lynch at #12 or Peterson if he somehow falls to us. This will make our offense much more productive and use that OL talent to it's fullest potential. Then we pick up a LB in round 2 because their is more depth at the LB position in the draft than their is at the RB position. I guess we will see.

I agree. No way Peterson falls to 12, and if it comes down to Willis vs. Lynch, I'm thinking Lynch and go LB in the second and probably with one of the two third round picks too. I like Willis and what he could do for the D, but these team does desperately need a quality RB whom can not only make big plays, but also move the chains. With or without Willis, the D is still going to be suspect, and keeping the offense on the field will help the Bills in 2007.

Nighthawk
03-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I agree about Peterson, but it sure would be nice!

Tatonka
03-28-2007, 09:05 PM
night.. what are you talking about in regards to what DJ said today?

Nighthawk
03-28-2007, 09:08 PM
night.. what are you talking about in regards to what DJ said today?

Here is the article and here is a the piece about the offense.

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/41601.html

“Offensively we need to run the ball better, we need to score more points and we need to keep our defense off the field. Even if our defense is playing great, we still have to do that on offense. But if we’re developing a little slower on defense, then we’ll really need our offense to be productive, and our special teams can’t take a step back. There’s a lot of pressure on everybody.”

That seemed to me like they are intent on improving the offense to improve the defense. Not saying it will happen, but it sure sounded that way.

TigerJ
03-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Since the McGahee trade, I figured there's a better than even chance Buffalo goes with Lynch in round one, or Peterson if he does fall.

Dr. Lecter
03-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Listening to Marv's press conference I remember my first thoughts were:

1. Willis? Willis who?
2. Holcomb might be gone and a late pick would be used on a QB.
3. The Bills would spend big money on one or two FA's, most likely on the O-line.
4. The Bills would draft a LB early.

evol4276
03-28-2007, 09:23 PM
i agree thats what id think from that article.. and i agree with the depth at lb we def can still get a quality lb from the second round. there arent many good rb prospects this year and we've been generally weak the past few years more at rb than we have at lb. i love willis as a lb but i agree with scumbag (im not calling u one, thats jus ur name haha) that even with him we still prolly wont be heaps better. plus no matter how we do it we're still going to be young at both positions and i really think lynch could do a wonferful job of making times easier for us. thats jus my take

BILLSROCK1212
03-28-2007, 09:24 PM
honestly....as long as we draft a RB and LB in the first 2 rounds i am kool with it....

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I can tell you this.

I got a buddy in California who does stuff with Fox, his name is "Norcal".. He's a huge Raiders guy and he's a big time west coast college football guy. Sure as hell knows more about college ball and stuff like that than me.

Anyway, he told me pretty much EVERY mock in America is already wrong, because there is no way Lynch is lasting 16 to GB.

He told me he doesnt know why Bills fans are sweating so much about AP (he also said AP would be gone by pick 8-Atlanta if not to Minny or Cleve first)-- And that Marshawn Lynch is somewhere in between a Laurence Maroney and Stephen Jackson-- and that's he's "going to be the ****".

baalworship
03-28-2007, 10:03 PM
KFFL is reporting the Bills are looking at Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee. Bringing him into Buffalo and had private interview on his Pro Day.

Some teams have called my phone—like the Minnesota Vikings—and I told my agent to try and get in touch with them. I know they and the St. Louis Rams want to schedule a visit on April 11-12. The Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills have also contacted me over the phone, asking me questions like what I'm going to do at the Pro Day. Everybody says they already know I'm fast…I don't think I'm going to run the 40 again, but it depends on how I feel when I get there.

Chiefs | Meachem to visit - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:44:48 -0700

KFFL has learned the Kansas City Chiefs will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 17.

Chargers | Meachem to visit - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:41:19 -0700

KFFL has learned the San Diego Chargers will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 12.

Vikings | Meachem to visit - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:40:33 -0700

KFFL has learned the Minnesota Vikings will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 11.

Rams | Meachem to visit - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:38:52 -0700

KFFL has learned the St. Louis Rams will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 10.

Bills | Meachem to visit - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:31:03 -0700

KFFL has learned the Buffalo Bills will meet with Tennessee WR Robert Meachem April 3.

Patriots | Meachem will visit team - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:31:52 -0700

Albert Breer, writing for the Boston Herald, reports Tennessee WR Robert Meachem is scheduled to visit the New England Patriots.

NFL | Meachem runs 40-yard dash in 4.39 seconds - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:25:17 -0800

Updating a previous item, Tennessee WR Robert Meachem officially ran the 40-yard dash in 4.39 seconds at the NFL Combine Sunday, Feb. 25.

NFL | Meachem runs second 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:22:28 -0800

Updating a previous item, Tennessee WR Robert Meachem unofficially ran his second 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds Sunday, Feb. 25.

NFL | Meachem runs 40-yard dash Sunday - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 09:03:40 -0800

Tennessee WR Robert Meachem unofficially ran the 40-yard dash in 4.36 seconds Sunday, Feb. 25.

NFL | Meachem discusses strengths - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:06:40 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Tennessee WR Robert Meachem measured a height of 6-2 and a weight of 214 pounds. During the interview, Meachem was asked to discuss his strengths. "My strengths are my hands, reading coverages and my yards after the catch. And I'm a coachable player," Meachem said.

http://www.kffl.com/player/16063/nfl/news

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I can tell you this.

I got a buddy in California who does stuff with Fox, his name is "Norcal".. He's a huge Raiders guy and he's a big time west coast college football guy. Sure as hell knows more about college ball and stuff like that than me.

Anyway, he told me pretty much EVERY mock in America is already wrong, because there is no way Lynch is lasting 16 to GB.

He told me he doesnt know why Bills fans are sweating so much about AP (he also said AP would be gone by pick 8-Atlanta if not to Minny or Cleve first)-- And that Marshawn Lynch is somewhere in between a Laurence Maroney and Stephen Jackson-- and that's he's "going to be the ****".

Did he have whitner gone before 15? or macargo before 30

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 10:17 PM
No clue..
I"m telling you that if anything he thinks he'll be a "reach" rather than someone who slides.

WHitner and McCargo went earlier than pretty much everybody expected.. He said expect the same with Lynch; that he won't last til 16.

Who knows.. It wouldn't surprise me if Buffalo took at him 12, and I wouldn't be unhappy about it at all. We arent going to win with A-Train running 18-22 times per game.

camelcowboy
03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
No clue..
I"m telling you that if anything he thinks he'll be a "reach" rather than someone who slides.

WHitner and McCargo went earlier than pretty much everybody expected.. He said expect the same with Lynch; that he won't last til 16.

Who knows.. It wouldn't surprise me if Buffalo took at him 12, and I wouldn't be unhappy about it at all. We arent going to win with A-Train running 18-22 times per game.

Honestly, i don't think willis is going to last till twelve. And i Believe that the Packers, Titans, Patriots may trade up to get lynch. At the end of the day the bills take Poz, Beason, or Timmons at 12

patmoran2006
03-28-2007, 10:28 PM
I'll bet my LIFE it wont be Timmons.

Not after finding out his agent is Rosenhaus and he'll be considered a reach but wont want reach money.. marv wont deal with him unless he has no choice.

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2007, 09:16 AM
I'll bet my LIFE it wont be Timmons.

Not after finding out his agent is Rosenhaus and he'll be considered a reach but wont want reach money.. marv wont deal with him unless he has no choice.

Timmons also turned out some pretty slow combine times. That's probably going to hurt him a little, as he's allegedly pretty raw and been ranked high based on athleticism and upside potential. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't take him at 12.

Ed
03-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Honestly, i don't think willis is going to last till twelve. And i Believe that the Packers, Titans, Patriots may trade up to get lynch. At the end of the day the bills take Poz, Beason, or Timmons at 12
I don't see why the Pats would trade up for Lynch considering they just used their 1st round pick on Maroney last year.

Ickybaluky
03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
I don't see why the Pats would trade up for Lynch considering they just used their 1st round pick on Maroney last year.

I can't see the Patriots using a high pick on a RB at all.

The Pats needs are really clear, based on next offseason's FA class:

CB: Samuel (Franchise tender), Chad Scott and Randall Gay will all be unrestricted FA.

LB: Tedy Bruschi and Larry Izzo will be unrestricted FA, Eric Alexander a restricted FA. Also, they have guys entering or in their 30's like Rosey Colvin, Mike Vrabel and Adalius Thomas.

S: Eugene Wilson, Artrell Hawkins and Mel Mitchell (a ST'er) are all scheduled for unrestricted FA.

WR: Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell will both be unrestricted FA. Donte Stallworth and Kelley Washington have big options the Patriots will only pick up if they play very well. Jonathan Smith will be a restricted FA (if he makes the team).

They might re-sign some of those players (particularly Samuel, Wilson, Bruschi, and any of the WR), but as of right now their needs are clear: S, CB, LB & WR.

To think they will ignore those needs and spend a high pick on a RB seems ludicrous. Of course, they could still do it because they are unpredictable, but given their needs it seems unlikely.

ptd86
03-29-2007, 10:30 AM
I bet the bills will take someone nobody can guess, maybe ginn or olsen. Out of 30 tries last year i wouldn't have guessed whitner or mccargo.

Jeff1220
03-29-2007, 10:38 AM

Isn't Maroney's health a big issue right now? If he can't return, the Pats have only Faulk at RB, no?

bigbub2352
03-29-2007, 10:42 AM
i got a feeling our pick will be Poz from PSU, he is a Marv guy, and i think Peterson and Willis will both be gone by 12, someone will take them early, i dont think the Bills go for a West Coast runnning back who had offfeild issues in the past, the will address LB then RB i think

Tatonka
03-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I can tell you this.

the teams drafting dont know who they are going to pick yet.. but your friend "norcal" does?

come on.. speculation is just that.

and no mock draft in the history of the world has even gotten one round right before.

patmoran2006
03-29-2007, 11:17 AM
I didnt say he nor anybody knows who we are picking yet.. I'll bet my life Marv doesnt know either.

all I said is that according to him, Lynch isnt going to last until the 16th pick which shouldnt surprise many anyway. that's not exactly groundbreaking news.

As far as the comparisons: if he's a mix of Stephen Jackson and Laurence Maroney i'd be estatic if we took him, ESPECIALLY since I think Willis is going to be gone at #12.

Ickybaluky
03-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Isn't Maroney's health a big issue right now? If he can't return, the Pats have only Faulk at RB, no?

Maroney had surgery, but the prognosis is that he will be ready by training camp.

If you look at the back-end of their defense (LB/DB), it is apparent between FA and age they need to address it. I think that will be their top priority.

They have Faulk, Sammy Morris and Heath Evans. They value versatile guys, and Morris and Evans fill mulitiple roles for them.

I suppose if they see a real value, they might jump on it. I doubt they would be looking to trade up for a RB.

madness
03-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Lynch is a very realistic pick, especially with Marv's connections at Cal. I'm sure if there are any issues with Lynch, Marv already knows about it.

Bert102176
03-29-2007, 01:45 PM
I want Patrick Willis here