PDA

View Full Version : Ya know what I love?

X-Era
03-29-2007, 06:52 AM
I love to have quieted down some of the cynics.

The Bills never make big trades- WRONG

The Bills are leaving town and moving to L.A.- WRONG

The revenue sharing will never get fixed- WRONG

The Bills wont spend big money in free agency- WRONG

They wont sign anyone on the first day of free agency- WRONG

The Bills will only sign second tier guys- WRONG

Like it or lump it, Willis is staying a Bill- WRONG

I love it!

The part I like the most is that the Bills have proven they will spend big money if they want a guy, and they will get the player day one in free agency. Then, they will pull the trigger and make big trades if they feel they want to. Add in the revenue sharing which shuts up the Bills are moving crap...This is a day to rejoice.

Its a whole new game folks, we are every bit the "player" as any other team in this league in the offseason now. NOTHING is off the table anymore.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 08:14 AM
The Bills will spend as much as they're able to spend .... WRONG

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2007, 08:15 AM
The Bills will spend as much as they're able to spend .... WRONG

As we all know spending as much as possible is the true path to success.

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 08:16 AM
To answer the thread title....

Two girls at the same time.

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Don't forget how JP Losman will never be a NFL caliber quarterback - WRONG

Philagape
03-29-2007, 08:17 AM

Then why celebrate Dockery? :sadwalk:

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:18 AM
The Bills will make the playoff next year: WRONG

The Bills are going to suck next year: CORRECT

The Bills have done nothing to fix their run defense: CORRECT

The Bills secondary got worse: CORRECT

The Bills overpaid for, omfg, Kelsay: CORRECT

PatMoran is a homer: CORRECT :;

clumping platelets
03-29-2007, 08:21 AM
:movie:

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:22 AM

Got facts?

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2007, 08:25 AM

The Bills have done nothing to fix their run defense: CORRECT

The Bills secondary got worse: CORRECT

The Bills overpaid for, omfg, Kelsay: CORRECT

PatMoran is a homer: CORRECT :;
That's all basisless predictions and opinions.

TacklingDummy is exactly what his names says he is: CORRECT

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:33 AM
That's all basisless predictions and opinions.

As were JP-era's.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Got facts?

I went to The School of Ice. Opinions are facts.

Jan Reimers
03-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah, just look at little Danny Snider and his Deadskins.

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:39 AM

Maybe you should leave just like he did.

:jk:

BTw, Flutie is going to be in the NFL HOF : WRONG.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Maybe you should leave just like he did.

BTw, Flutie is going to be in the NFL HOF : WRONG.

Its not the NFL HOF: Correct

Its the PRO FOOTBALL HOF: Correct

And why do you bring up Flutie? I was a Flutie fan and I seldom bring him up. Flutie is history.

I wish they would let Ice back. He was fun to read.

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Its not the NFL HOF: Correct

Its the PRO FOOTBALL HOF: Correct

I wish they would let Ice back. He was fun to read. difference between profootball HOF and NFL HOF . :rolleyes:

He was until we found out that football wasn't his biggest passion.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:48 AM
He was until we found out that football wasn't his biggest passion.

:huh:

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2007, 08:49 AM
That's obvious.

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 08:50 AM
I wish they would let Ice back. He was fun to read.

Why? His replacement is doing well to fill his shoes.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:50 AM
difference between profootball HOF and NFL HOF . :rolleyes:

The Pro Football HOF exists, the NFL HOF doesn't. :nod:

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:51 AM
:huh:
himself.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Why? His replacement is doing well to fill his shoes.

~The Answer?

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:53 AM
~The Answer?

nope, that's skooby's.

Statman
03-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Got facts?
You willing to wager on that if I take Dummy's side?

;)

Just curious as to how strongly you'd defend that take over his.

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2007, 08:56 AM

;)

Go ahead and throw facts at it, as long as you don't pull that "take away the wins and the Bills were 0-9 last season" BS. I double dare you.

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:57 AM

;)

not the playoffs but how do you define sucks? Worst in franchise histroy or 4-11 .?

TacklingDummy
nope, that's skooby's.

PatMoran seems to have alot of Ice in him. I know they are different though.

TacklingDummy
not the playoffs but how do you define sucks? Worst in franchise histroy or 4-11 .?

3-13 to 6-10 sucks.

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:59 AM
3-13 to 6-10 sucks.

I'll take that bet statman.

The bills will do better than that. You game?

Jan Reimers
03-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Wouldn't real Bills' fans see some positives in what is going on - in rebuilding the O-line, in the quality of last year's draft, in clearing some obviously very expensive deadwood in preparation for this year's draft - instead of always criticizing and carping about everything we do?

I'm amazed at how certain posters, who profess to be Bills' fans, can't find one good word to say about Ralph, Marv, Dick, the FO, JP, OR ANYONE. Why would you remain a fan when you hate everything about the team and the organization?

Philagape
03-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah, just look at little Danny Snider and his Deadskins.

To say such-and-such team failed therefore it should never be tried is illogic. Should we not trust Marv to find the right players and Dick to make it work with the right coaching?

If spending money is not the answer, then why spend any? It's two-faced spin to laud the Bills for signing Dockery and then say that shouldn't be continued as much as possible.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 09:07 AM
rebuilding the O-line

I thought spending money doesn't work.

Jan Reimers
03-29-2007, 09:46 AM
To say such-and-such team failed therefore it should never be tried is illogic. Should we not trust Marv to find the right players and Dick to make it work with the right coaching?

If spending money is not the answer, then why spend any? It's two-faced spin to laud the Bills for signing Dockery and then say that shouldn't be continued as much as possible.
Wow! I used to like your posts. When did you turn into TDstatman, jr?

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I thought spending money doesn't work.

Spending out of control does not work. It is not a spend everything or nothing option as you stated previously. Some holes can be filled by players like Dockery (who was overpaid, as FA dictates). However teams must limit their spending and only go nuts when absolutely necessary.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Spending out of control does not work. It is not a spend everything or nothing option as you stated previously. Some holes can be filled by players like Dockery (who was overpaid, as FA dictates). However teams must limit their spending and only go nuts when absolutely necessary.

Why?

What's the reason for limiting a good thing? What makes Dockery good but more "Dockerys" (so to speak) bad? What makes spreading out signing bonuses "going nuts"?

Actually, this brings up a question I don't know the answer to ... Does counting the entire signing bonus against this season's self-imposed budget mean that the bonus won't count against the real cap in future seasons? For example, I see on Clump's cap page that Losman has an amortized bonus of $1,232,000, which is part of this season's cap hit. On the 2008 cap page, does that mean that column will be zero for Dockery and our other 2007 signings? Just because the Bills choose to count the entire bonus against their own budget, does the NFL count that against the official NFL cap? If not, then the whole argument against "mortgaging the future" -- the Bills' reasoning for cash-to-cap -- is meaningless, because our bonuses would still count against future caps even if we choose to pay them in their entirety this year.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow! I used to like your posts. When did you turn into TDstatman, jr?

Do you have a reply of substance instead of talking about me?

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I think teams have the option of spreading he bonus or not. If the Bills don't, then it only counts one time.

Tell me, how often do teams do well with big money over priced signings? It is not how winners are built. They are built through the draft, with a few key FA's signings sprinkled throughout.

What other high priced guys would have you signed? Does the fact that other teams are trying to sign guys even matter? It is not possible for one team to sign a bunch of guys because of competition.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Some holes can be filled by players like Dockery

What's the criteria for which holes that can be filled that way and which ones can't? Is left guard always a "fillable" position? How about cornerback? Running back? Tight end? Linebacker?

Or does it depend on the player? If so, what makes some players signable and other players not?

And for either question, are the criteria set in stone? Can a good GM and good coaching find the right players and foster the right chemistry to make it work? If so, then it's not a question of policy at all, and we should spend all we can and trust our personnel to make it work.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
I think teams have the option of spreading he bonus or not. If the Bills don't, then it only counts one time.

Tell me, how often do teams do well with big money over priced signings? It is not how winners are built. They are built through the draft, with a few key FA's signings sprinkled throughout.

What other high priced guys would have you signed? Does the fact that other teams are trying to sign guys even matter? It is not possible for one team to sign a bunch of guys because of competition.

It is possible to spend as much as we're eligible to do.

What other teams have done is irrelevant. The success or failure of a certain approach is determined by the individual players involved and the coaching they get. Success or failure says nothing about the policy itself.

A good GM and good coaching staff can make every FA signing "key," and there's no reason to limit that.

Mitchy moo
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
[quote=justasportsfan]Maybe you should leave just like he did.

Ice = ~the answer

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Of course it is possible. It is also possible for all of us to eat bigger meals, but that does not mean we should.

As for your second paragraph, does that not mean that we should wait to pass judgment? Youa re quite correct; succes is based on players and coaches. Since we have not seen the results, nobody knows for sure if the approach is right or wrong for sure.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Also, considering how many draft busts there are every year, the draft is no more reliable than free agency to build a team. For both, a team has to be good at finding the right players.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Of course it is possible. It is also possible for all of us to eat bigger meals, but that does not mean we should.

As for your second paragraph, does that not mean that we should wait to pass judgment? Youa re quite correct; succes is based on players and coaches. Since we have not seen the results, nobody knows for sure if the approach is right or wrong for sure.

I totally agree, which is why we shouldn't poo-poo the idea of spending as much as we're eligible to and bring up the Redskins when someone questions the Bills' policy. I just believe in using all available resources on the chance that it can improve the team. We'll never know if it works if we don't try.

Jan Reimers
03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Do you have a reply of substance instead of talking about me?
Yes. I NEVER said we shouldn't spend money to improve this team. I meant only that we shouldn't spend it indiscrimantly on aging, big name veterans who can no longer perform to their expectations - nor mesh with their teammates - the way the Redskins have done for years.

I think we overpaid to improve our O-Line, but who doesn't in the new NFL? We spent less collectively on Dockery, Walker and Whittle than the Niners did on Clements. Score one for the Bills.

We lost or traded 2 injured/aging LBs who are worth a fraction of what they are being paid, plus an underperforming idiot RB and an overpriced, weak-armed QB. We will never again, at least under Levy, be in cap Hell. And we are now in a great position to bring in better, younger players.

Don't twist my words, or take what I have said out of context. I have always respected your posts, but I don't appreciate your tying together partial quotes of mine that - along with your interpretations - paint what I've said in a totally different light.

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Don't twist my words but I don't appreciate your tying together partial quotes of mine that - along with your interpretations - paint what I've said in a totally different light.

that's what everybody does best around here.when i sounded off on lossman after the detroit game,the Lickers automatically categorized me as a lossman hater.it snowballs into a big mess because you expressed an opinion.the Mother Hen's come out in droves and it becomes a fiasco.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes. I NEVER said we shouldn't spend money to improve this team. I meant only that we shouldn't spend it indiscrimantly on aging, big name veterans who can no longer perform to their expectations - nor mesh with their teammates - the way the Redskins have done for years.

The type of free agents is not the issue. There are ... were.... free agents who don't fit that description. The issue is, it doesn't matter what type of FA we can get because even when there are good FA to sign, we wouldn't be able to do that past our own self-imposed restrictions. That puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

I trust our front office not to what the Redskins have done. As I've said, the Redskins' mistake wasn't spending the money; it was getting the wrong players.

So you're the one who's twisting the issue. I don't think anyone here wants to spend "indiscriminantly," and I don't appreciate the inference that I do (nor do I appreciate responses that are nothing but name-calling). Money can be spent wisely while still spending all that's allowed by the NFL. Quality does not have to be sacrificed for quantity. It's not an either-or choice between Ralph's way and Snyder's way, so don't frame it like it is.