PDA

View Full Version : "Spikes Hoping to finally reach playoffs"

!Papacrunk!
03-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Didn't the guy say something like this when he left the Bengals?

"It was almost like it was too good to be true," said Spikes, 30, who spent his first five seasons in Cincinnati before signing with the Bills in 2003, when he was selected to the first of two consecutive Pro Bowls. Now he's with a team that has missed the playoffs only once since 2000. "In life, people want credibility. I think here, you've got that with some of the marquee players here," Spikes said. "They've been winning over the past seven-eight years. I look forward to it."

Holcomb has played in only one playoff game - but it was a memorable one. While with Cleveland, he threw for 429 yards and three touchdowns in a loss to Pittsburgh. "I just want to, like Takeo, be on a winning team, and that's what we've got here with Philadelphia," Holcomb said.

Did Holcomb really do anything to contribute to a winning season??
SPIKES/HOLCOMB (http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=eagles&id=5161814)

DMBcrew36
03-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Takeo left a young Cinci team, they ended up being good and went to the playoffs. Takeo has left a young Buffalo team, lets hope the same happens.

Jan Reimers
03-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Perhaps it is TKO himself who is the kiss of death to his team's playoff hopes.

Sort of a mini-A Rod. Big numbers, big hype, no championships.

RedEyE
03-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Let's say we did go to the playoffs the last two seasons. Could we honestly say that Spikes was a key contributor even though he was riddled with injury during that time frame.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and yadda, yadda, yadda...add other cliche here___________.

My point is, rather then finding new and improved ways to ***** about team performance (within a TEAM game), how 'bout giving it all you got and keeping your mouth shut, because that is what REAL leaders do. Winners lead by example and don't sweat the small stuff.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm glad Spikes was here, and I'm glad to see him leave.

madness
03-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Perhaps it is TKO himself who is the kiss of death to his team's playoff hopes.

Sort of a mini-A Rod. Big numbers, big hype, no championships.

The city of Philadelphia doesn't need the help of any specific player not to succeed in sports. :evil:

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Sorry Philly. You just inherited the TKO curse.

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:07 AM
he wanted to keep guys like Posey and Vincent who didn't do much and he's talking about playoffs? Cmon.

Maybe if we benched him last year instead of playing him just because he was a starter, the team might have made playoffs since we were so close to making it.

BTW, the eagles were making playoff without you, you'll be riding that instead of being the main reason for taking them there.

Since Feeley will be holding the clipboard, Holcomb can dink and dunk the towel to his teammates.

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 08:09 AM
BTw, if he and his friends were able to stop Pitts back ups, we would've made playoffs. DUH!!!

Carlton Bailey
03-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Since Feeley will be holding the clipboard, Holcomb can dink and dunk the towel to his teammates.

ROFLMAO. Well done!

!Papacrunk!
03-29-2007, 08:15 AM
I guess he has what a lot of players have: "not what I can do for you, but what can you do for me" type attitude

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 08:44 AM
BTw, if he and his friends were able to stop Pitts back ups, we would've made playoffs. DUH!!!

Exactly.

He keeps mentioning the playoffs and never making it and they had it in their laps and threw it away.

That game still pisses me off.

cocamide
03-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Even if Philly makes the playoffs, TKO will most likely be injured and unable to play anyways. I guess he just wants to see a playoff game from the sidelines. I do wish him the best though.

Michael82
03-29-2007, 12:24 PM
:mad: