PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like the bills already know who they want a RB

camelcowboy
03-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Buffalo Bills GM Marv Levy said his team may reconsider signing running backs Chris Brown or Corey Dillon at a later date, but prefer to go with another plan at running back. The Bills traded RB Willis McGahee earlier this month to the Baltimore Ravens, receiving a third- and seventh-round pick in next month's NFL draft and a third-rounder next year.
http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=3272007nlf6177lg

Take the source for what its worth, but sounds like obd have a good idea who will be carrying the rock this year :scratch:

mackey789
03-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Michael Turner - he will be a BIll within the next week. You heard it here first.

EDS
03-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Who? Please tell me they are not thinking A-Train is a feature back.

Carlton Bailey
03-29-2007, 07:39 AM
I don't get a good idea of who will be carrying the rock at all from reading that. Pray tell, who?

HHURRICANE
03-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Michael Turner - he will be a BIll within the next week. You heard it here first.

Mods, please change name of this poster to "skooby789". Thank you.

ddaryl
03-29-2007, 07:43 AM

If it happens it won't happen until the week before the draft at earliest IMO

mybills
03-29-2007, 07:45 AM
sounds like obd have a good idea who will be carrying the rock this year :scratch:
Sounds more like they have a good idea who WON'T.

Don't Panic
03-29-2007, 07:48 AM

Heard it here first?!? We've heard it for the last two months!

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-29-2007, 07:53 AM

If he isn't traded here next week I will be negging you. "You heard it here first," I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philagape
03-29-2007, 08:09 AM

If by "first" you mean leaching on to an idea discussed in a dozen other threads, then you got it. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2007, 08:15 AM
No.

You heard it here first.

North of the 49th
03-29-2007, 08:30 AM
I think they draft Lynch if the other deffensive players are'nt their cause its a sure bet he will be.

The Turner situation has to many variables.

ublinkwescore
03-29-2007, 08:44 AM
I'd be all for us taking Turner off SD's hands if we could do it with the two thirds we got for McGahee - then we could get P. Willis and all of a sudden, we could very well have our two biggest holes filled, and the rest of the draft is BPA at our weakest positions (LB, WR and DT).

jamze132
03-29-2007, 08:51 AM
If SD wants a 2nd and a 3rd rd pick for Turner, there is no way anyone does that. I would rather spend one of those two picks on ONE RB and use the other pick on someone else, not the same player.

bigbub2352
03-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Why give away pics to an unproven player, when u can draft an unproven player with no baggage, there are plenty of rb's availabe every year, there will be more Lynchs and petersons, we need to get a stable of RBs and it starts with A-train, and ends with us draftin 1-2 rbs or picking up 1 as a udfa, and goin with A-train, Jackson, williams, and the picks into camp and see what we get, if it dont work, we do it again next year, u dont trade for a back up and pay for it with a starter deal sorry

JJamezz
03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
I think if anything goes down between SD and the Bills, it'll happen April 28th between pick 13 and 42.. Nobody knows at this point if Peterson and/or Willis will fall to us, and I just don't see the Bills pulling the trigger on Turner before then.

camelcowboy
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Why give away pics to an unproven player, when u can draft an unproven player with no baggage, there are plenty of rb's availabe every year, there will be more Lynchs and petersons, we need to get a stable of RBs and it starts with A-train, and ends with us draftin 1-2 rbs or picking up 1 as a udfa, and goin with A-train, Jackson, williams, and the picks into camp and see what we get, if it dont work, we do it again next year, u dont trade for a back up and pay for it with a starter deal sorry

A stable of running backs :rolleyes:, god, A-Train should be a back up. Turner would be a young starter who will be a stud behind our o-line. Let spend 75 million on our o-line so we can have a bunch of scrub running backs act out Darwin's theory to see which one doesn't suck the most. This team needs a solid starting running back, and they need to trade for one or draft one within rounds 1-2. Turner would be worth the money and the trade, he's not going to get Frank Gore money or Willis Money, he would receive a fair deal. I will say if they want more then a second then just draft lynch if willis isn't available.

Marvelous
03-29-2007, 01:29 PM
i say we keep our picks, and gain extra picks, not lose them for another teams super backups..ROb Johnson was a awesome backup in Jacksonville...We've been drafting great for the last 10 years..Looking back at last seasons draft i'm amazed at what Marv/Modrak & staff have done..We need all our picks this draft...

Bert102176
03-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Turner isn't good enough to wipe my ass

casdhf
03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Sounds like we're just waiting for the price to come down.

camelcowboy
03-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Turner isn't good enough to wipe my ass Because you so full of crap :up: