Is everyone Satisfied with our TE situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Is everyone Satisfied with our TE situation?

I am one to say that i think our TE situation could use a receiving threat, Robert Royal and Brad Czeislak are the only two capable receivers, and lets face it they dont scare anyone , Matt Morgan is a cast off, kevin Everett is probably a bust, and Ryan Nuefeld is a good ST player but is injury prone and is 30 and hasnt done much on the way of receieving the time he has spent here

I for one would take a long look at a receiving TE such as the kid from Delaware Ben Patrick 6' 3 252lbs 4.7 40, in the 3rd round

Positives: Nice combination of size (6-foot-3-plus, 252 pounds), strength, and speed ... Intelligence. …Impressive route-runner ... Consistently finds openings in zone coverage ... Reliable hands; makes difficult catches ... Toughness, especially when it comes to catching the ball in a crowd ... Takes hard hits and hangs onto the ball ... Uses quickness to gain separation.
    Negatives: Needs to become more aggressive as a blocker and a runner after the catch ... Ball security.

OR maybe the kid from Iowa Scott Chandler 6'7 270lbs 4.7 40

who put up alot of production there

just a thought to give JP more weapons!
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is everyone Satisfied with our TE situation?

IMO, it's not a priority. It's at the bottom of the list .
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I agree not a priority but it would be nice to add someone, i think it is more of a priority then some other postions
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

I wasn't horribly worried about the TE situation till I watched Royal highstep his way out of bounds against Tennessee. But that being said, it isn't a huge priority compared to other spots on the roster.

D & S Sports

Comment

• User Manuel
          The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          I am one to say that i think our TE situation could use a receiving threat, Robert Royal and Brad Czeislak are the only two capable receivers, and lets face it they dont scare anyone , Matt Morgan is a cast off, kevin Everett is probably a bust, and Ryan Nuefeld is a good ST player but is injury prone and is 30 and hasnt done much on the way of receieving the time he has spent here

I for one would take a long look at a receiving TE such as the kid from Delaware Ben Patrick 6' 3 252lbs 4.7 40, in the 3rd round

Positives: Nice combination of size (6-foot-3-plus, 252 pounds), strength, and speed ... Intelligence. …Impressive route-runner ... Consistently finds openings in zone coverage ... Reliable hands; makes difficult catches ... Toughness, especially when it comes to catching the ball in a crowd ... Takes hard hits and hangs onto the ball ... Uses quickness to gain separation.
          Negatives: Needs to become more aggressive as a blocker and a runner after the catch ... Ball security.

OR maybe the kid from Iowa Scott Chandler 6'7 270lbs 4.7 40

who put up alot of production there

just a thought to give JP more weapons!
          I am satisfied and I actually think robert Royal can be a pretty good TE. Is he an all-pro? Nope, but he is more than good enough.

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

I like Royal more then most, and I still have high hopes for Everett. I'm hoping we don't draft a TE.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Royal was made to help support the OL because of guys like Pennington and help JP develop. Hopefully this year he can concentrate more on getting open and catching the ball which he's done better than any of the TE's we've had since TD was here.

If we can also grab a RB who hits the holes , it may open things up for Royals.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Royal has as many drops as catches and as many penalty yards as receiving yards. Everett is another Miami bust. Neufeld is a back-up. I don't really know about Cieslak but there's a good chance he's going to be seeing more time at FB than at TE.

I really think we need either a legit receiving threat at TE or a better #2 receiver, but LB and RB absolutely need to be addressed first.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Royal has as many drops as catches and as many penalty yards as receiving yards. Everett is another Miami bust. Neufeld is a back-up. I don't really know about Cieslak but there's a good chance he's going to be seeing more time at FB than at TE.

I really think we need either a legit receiving threat at TE or a better #2 receiver, but LB and RB absolutely need to be addressed first.
                  I agree 100% that rb and lb need to be addressed first, but what i am sayin is he got an extra 3rd and 7th round pick that we could easily use to add a serious TE that can help out in the passing game more than our current depth
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I'm with ya Op.

Royal would be fine--not exceptional, but fine--if we had someone a little more capable at #2 receiver. I think we need one more weapon in the passing game to take pressure off Lee. But I also think we can get by with what we have at #2 receiver and TE at this time, while RB and LB have gaping holes that need priority attention.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

To answer the question, no.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                        I like Royal more then most, and I still have high hopes for Everett. I'm hoping we don't draft a TE.
                        My sentiments as well... if we take one, I hope it's not in the first 3 rounds.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Our TE's suck, but there isnt anything we could do about it for this season.-- unless we get lucky and strike gold with a mid to late round draft pick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

TE definitly needs upgraded. Everett is a complete bust. I like Royal as a blocker.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

Royal would be an outstanding number 2 TE for receiveing or even better blocker as a number 1, but our depth behind him i am sorry to say is less than impressive, Nuefeld and Czeislak, Morgan and Everett just dont cut it, i am willin to say Czeislak has a spot and Royal, we need someone to stretch the feild and be open on 3rd down
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X