PDA

View Full Version : Article: Holcomb glad to be out of Buffalo

The Answer
03-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Let the flaming begin:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070329/SPORTS01/703290400

Thursday, 03/29/07

<!--ARTICLE HEADLINE-->Holcomb relieved to see change of scenery

Ex-MTSU QB had asked Bills to cut or trade him

By ADAM SPARKS
Gannett Tennessee

<!--ARTICLE BODY TEXT-->
MURFREESBORO — Kelly Holcomb was not surprised by his trade from the Buffalo Bills to the Philadelphia Eagles earlier this week.
In fact, his move was a bit overdue.
<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="305"><tbody><tr><td></td><td rowspan="3" width="10">http://www.tennessean.com/graphics/1pix.gif</td></tr><tr><td><center></center></td></tr><tr><td>http://www.tennessean.com/graphics/1pix.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>

"I actually forced the issue. I was proactive about it," said Holcomb, a former MTSU quarterback. "I didn't see them keeping me, and so I asked for my release two months ago. They wanted to see if they could get something for me, but I didn't think they would. But I understand they've got to do what's best for the Buffalo Bills.

"Now, I hope (going to Philadelphia) will be best for me and my family."
Holcomb, 33, was traded Monday in a three-player deal which also sent Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes to Philadelphia in exchange for Eagles defensive tackle Darwin Walker and a conditional draft pick in 2008.

M
03-29-2007, 11:30 AM
They wanted to see if they could get something for me, but I didn't think they would.

Hmmm ... showing a lot of confidence in his own abilities, eh?? :snicker:

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 11:30 AM
I have more respect for what he said compared to Spikes.

I just don't understand how what makes him think that the eagles will also keep him. He's now 3rd string as compared to when he was the bills.

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Reid added that Bills quarterback Kelly Holcomb was part of the trade because the Eagles needed veteran insurance in case starter Donovan McNabb isn’t ready to start the season because of major knee surgery. But Reid indicated that A.J. Feeley is his No. 2 quarterback.

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/42346.html

The Answer
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Hmmm ... showing a lot of confidence in his own abilities, eh?? :snicker:

He saying that because he demanded his release - if Holcomb would have opened his mouth and vented his disgruntled feelings the Bills wouldn't have got anything for him.

~The Answer

The Answer
03-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Reid added that Bills quarterback Kelly Holcomb was part of the trade because the Eagles needed veteran insurance in case starter Donovan McNabb isn’t ready to start the season because of major knee surgery. But Reid indicated that A.J. Feeley is his No. 2 quarterback.

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/42346.html

Reid is a shrewd coach - he's not going to come right out and say Holcomb is the back-up and hand it to him.

The Answer has no doubts that Holcomb will beat out Feeley easily in training camp - even push McNabb for the starting job if he's not healthy.

~The Answer

Gunzlingr
03-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Holcomb pushing McNabb for the starting job??? That has to be the dumbest thing ever posted in the history of the internet!

The Answer
03-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Holcomb pushing McNabb for the starting job??? That has to be the dumbest thing ever posted in the history of the internet!

McNabb hasn't played a full season in 3 years, he's not getting any younger either and his better days are likely behind him.

Philly is team built to win a championship now - so to suggest a tanned, rested, and ready Holcomb don't have a chance to start in Philly is ludicrous.

~The Answer

Don't Panic
03-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I have more respect for what he said compared to Spikes.

This was pretty standard... didn't throw the team or city under the bus. This is what I would expect from someone leaving a team who didn't burn them in some way (we did give the guy a chance).

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 12:04 PM
:roflmao:

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2007, 12:04 PM
McNabb hasn't played a full season in 3 years, he's not getting any younger either and his better days are likely behind him.

Philly is team built to win a championship now - so to suggest a tanned, rested, and ready Holcomb don't have a chance to start in Philly is ludicrous.

~The Answer

Kelly has never played a full season, is not getting younger (and is older than McNabb!) and his only good days are behind him.

But at least you like his tan......

The Answer
03-29-2007, 12:07 PM
This was pretty standard... didn't throw the team or city under the bus. This is what I would expect from someone leaving a team who didn't burn them in some way (we did give the guy a chance).

Holcomb is a class act - and he wants a chance to win a championship and knew there's no way that's happening in Buffalo anytime soon.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
03-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Is the Answer serious with the Holcomb love affair?

Dude, he sucks. His being part of the trade is what makes me tolerate the deal.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Kelly has never played a full season, is not getting younger (and is older than McNabb!) and his only good days are behind him.

But at least you like his tan......

Anything can and will happen Lector - McNabb goes down again midseason and enter The Holcombnator baby! :jam:

~The Answer

Devin
03-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Lol what a terrible post.

Holcomb blows ass.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Lol what a terrible post.

Holcomb blows ass.

Get off Holcombs back jack! And show some respect for the guy.

Losman would be pumping gas at a broke down gas station in Venice right now if it wasn't for Holcombs tutelage.

~The Answer

Philagape
03-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Is The Answer really DrewBlueFan looking for another creepy obsession now that Drew is :flush: ?

feldspar
03-29-2007, 12:33 PM

~The Answer

What is wrong with The Answer?

"He's not getting any younger, and his better days are likely behind him?" Why would The Answer say that when McNabb has only been in the league for 8 years? He's got many good years left... The Answer could say the same thing about Peyton Manning (9 years) or Tom Brady (7 years), but that would be equally ridiculous. Kelly Holcomb has been in the league for 11 years...

I think that the The Answer should change his name to "The Questionable at Best."

The only way Holcomb would ever start is if he beats out Feeley and McNabb goes down, which is entirely possible.

Doesn't The Questionable at Best know that McNabb was having a great year before he got hurt last year? 18 TDs and 6 INTs with a QB rating of 95.5.

Michael82
03-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Losman would be pumping gas at a broke down gas station in Venice right now if it wasn't for Holcombs tutelage.

~The Answer
Yeah you are right! Thank you very much to Kelly Holcomb for blowing chunks last year in training camp and preseason and allowing JP Losman to win the starting job! :bf1:

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 12:34 PM
It's become clear that The Answer is hear strictly to stir up **** and nothing more.

Devin
03-29-2007, 12:35 PM

~The Answer

Holcomb couldnt hold JP's jock with both hands, much less push McNabb for a staring job.

Holcomb blows ass.

This is all a joke btw no way the answer is serious, he should probably stick to Madden.

hammerbillsfan
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
**** him too

Philagape
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Holcomb couldnt hold JP's jock with both hands

Well he sure couldn't throw it 30 yards

Earthquake Enyart
03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
HOW DARE THAT BASTARD HOLCOMB SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT BUFFALO!!!!

TigerJ
03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
It does not surprise me that Holcomb wanted out. He could see as well as anyone that his skill package was a terrible fit for the offense Buffalo is trying to develop. It's a much better fit for Philadelphia. He is being classier about his departure from Buffalo than either McGahee or spikes and for that I wish him well. I could see him pushing Feeley for #2. That said, he's going to collect splinters in his but until McNabb goes down, though with McNabb's recent history, that's not unlikely.

gr8slayer
03-29-2007, 12:41 PM
gr8slayer is happy Holcomb is gone. More TD fodder gone.

jdbillsfan
03-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Maybe the answer is Kelly Holcomb.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 01:39 PM
What is wrong with The Answer?

"He's not getting any younger, and his better days are likely behind him?" Why would The Answer say that when McNabb has only been in the league for 8 years? He's got many good years left... The Answer could say the same thing about Peyton Manning (9 years) or Tom Brady (7 years), but that would be equally ridiculous. Kelly Holcomb has been in the league for 11 years...

I think that the The Answer should change his name to "The Questionable at Best."

The only way Holcomb would ever start is if he beats out Feeley and McNabb goes down, which is entirely possible.

Doesn't The Questionable at Best know that McNabb was having a great year before he got hurt last year? 18 TDs and 6 INTs with a QB rating of 95.5.

That's what The Answer has been saying all along - Holcomb WILL beat out Feeley, and McNabb has been seriously injured multiple times in his career. The Answer believes that if Holcomb is lights out in training camp he will force Andy Reid into a difficult decision.

~The Answer

The Answer
03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah you are right! Thank you very much to Kelly Holcomb for blowing chunks last year in training camp and preseason and allowing JP Losman to win the starting job! :bf1:

Losman barely beat out The Holcombnator - and you can argue that their performances were identical anyway.

It really makes The Answer wonder if we would have been playoff bound with Holcomb starting in 2006?

~The Answer

casdhf
03-29-2007, 01:41 PM

~The Answer Holcomb is older than McNabb ... so he isn't getting any younger either

The Answer
03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
It's become clear that The Answer is hear strictly to stir up **** and nothing more.

Wrong yet again - The Answer is here to discuss football and bring insightful, non homeristic commentary and viewpoints to the table.

~The Answer

The Answer
03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Holcomb couldnt hold JP's jock with both hands, much less push McNabb for a staring job.

Holcomb blows ass.

This is all a joke btw no way the answer is serious, he should probably stick to Madden.

Holcomb couldn't hold JP's jock? Than explain why he was benched TWICE in favor of The Holcombator?

The Answer is estactic that JP emerged last season - but you have to wonder if we could have made a deep playoff run with Holcomb.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Wrong yet again - The Answer is here to discuss football and bring insightful, non homeristic commentary and viewpoints to the table.

~The Answer
You've really lost your marbles here Shiva.

feldspar
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
You've really lost your marbles here Shiva.

It must be Shiva...

The Answer
03-29-2007, 01:48 PM
It does not surprise me that Holcomb wanted out. He could see as well as anyone that his skill package was a terrible fit for the offense Buffalo is trying to develop. It's a much better fit for Philadelphia. He is being classier about his departure from Buffalo than either McGahee or spikes and for that I wish him well. I could see him pushing Feeley for #2. That said, he's going to collect splinters in his but until McNabb goes down, though with McNabb's recent history, that's not unlikely.

Holcomb wanted out of Buffalo like every other good, veteran player on this team because he knows the titanic is sinking fast - probably for good too.

He wanted to play with a team that would appreciate what he brings to the table and win a championship just like any fierce competitor and wily veteran.

The Answer will be rooting for Philly next season and keeping a close eye on them - especially since he already knows what to expect with Buffalo - another losing season with no playoffs.

~The Answer

TigerJ
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't think The Answer is Shiva. Different style. I could see Northwestern Fan coming here and posting this drivel in third person style though.

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't think The Answer is Shiva. Different style. .
Saburzfan? TDummy?

mchurchfie
03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
That noodlearm will be lucky to be holding a clipboard by the end of training camp.

TigerJ
03-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Saburzfan? TDummy?

Could be, but I rather think he's a newbie who wore out his welcome somewhere else, instead of an alter ego of someone else here at the zone.

Jan Reimers
03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm glad that he's glad. The feeling is mutual.

Only in professional sports can a person of such mediocre talent make well over a $Million per year, then ***** about his situation.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm glad that he's glad. The feeling is mutual.

Only in professional sports can a person of such mediocre talent make well over a $Million per year, then ***** about his situation.

Holcomb is not about the money $$$

Holcomb is about playing to win a world title with passion and dedication - which don't fit with the Bills organization since they are commited to cheapness and losing year after year.

~The Answer

Captain gameboy
03-29-2007, 02:34 PM
There is a cloud of stench still reconizable by its penetrating smell over the Ralph seven months after his atrocious preseason performance.
A smaller, but similar, airborne body still hovers over our training camp facility-from the same cause.

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Holcomb is glad to be out of Buffalo and the feel is mutual. See ya!

ptd86
03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
who really cares about kelly holcomb?

Gunzlingr
03-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Holcomb is not about the money $$$

Holcomb is about playing to win a world title with passion and dedication - which don't fit with the Bills organization since they are commited to cheapness and losing year after year.

~The Answer

This post is a complete ******.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 03:49 PM
This post is a complete ******.

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Holcomb even said himself that he's glad to be going to a team and organization that is COMMITTED TO WINNNG - similar tune has been sung by every player to leave Buffalo in recent weeks.

Perhaps the front office needs to get a clue - the jig is up for you cheapskates!

~The Answer

AndreReed83
03-29-2007, 03:50 PM
All the players saying they are glad to be gone... are the players I am glad are gone. Stuff like this just makes it that much easier to swallow.

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Truth hurts doesn't it?

Holcomb even said himself that he's glad to be going to a team and organization that is COMMITTED TO WINNNG - similar tune has been sung by every player to leave Buffalo in recent weeks.

Perhaps the front office needs to get a clue - the jig is up for you cheapskates!

~The Answer

So what will you say when not only the Bills record is better than Philly but Buffalo beats them in Philly?

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Oh god...I just had the greatest day dream ever.

Holcomb starts against the Bills. Oh...my.....

The Answer
03-29-2007, 03:54 PM
All the players saying they are glad to be gone... are the players I am glad are gone. Stuff like this just makes it that much easier to swallow.

And they were all the good players this team had - love them or hate them.

Getting rid of your veteran back up QB = Rebuilding
2-14 in 2007 - BOOK IT! :blowup:

~The Answer

The Answer
03-29-2007, 03:55 PM
So what will you say when not only the Bills record is better than Philly but Buffalo beats them in Philly?

If by some miracle that happens then:

http://www.pete-online.us/Images/EatCrow.jpg

~The Answer

Gunzlingr
03-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Truth hurts doesn't it?

~The Answer

Because Holcomb's career has been all about winning?

The Answer
03-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Oh god...I just had the greatest day dream ever.

Holcomb starts against the Bills. Oh...my.....

Greatest dream? More like nightmare.

The Answer easily sees a 400 yard 3 TD performance by Holcomb (or McNabb for that matter) against our defense. Holcomb knows this team inside and out, and his veteran savvy would expose a young/inexperienced defense in a heartbeat.

~The Answer

The Answer
03-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Because Holcomb's career has been all about winning?

The Holcombator sat behind Manning in Indy and was on a perenial contender obviously.

In Cleveland, he took a sagging expansion franchise to their first ever playoff birth as the new browns - lit up the Steelers secondary and built a 17 point lead, only to for the pourous defense to be exposed in the end.

In 2005 upon arriving in Buffalo - he jumpstarted a 1-3 squad and kept them in contention for a month - don't forget that Losman was benched TWICE because of Holcomb's gritty play and winning ways.

Holcomb is a winner - and will fit right in on Philly's seasoned roster.

~The Answer

Gunzlingr
03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
What is his win loss record again? I am sure all of those losses were because of the defense and not because he threw a 3 yard pass when he needed 8.

Michael82
03-29-2007, 04:10 PM
There is a cloud of stench still reconizable by its penetrating smell over the Ralph seven months after his atrocious preseason performance.
A smaller, but similar, airborne body still hovers over our training camp facility-from the same cause.
:lmao: Good one!

RockStar36
03-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Greatest dream? More like nightmare.

The Answer easily sees a 400 yard 3 TD performance by Holcomb (or McNabb for that matter) against our defense. Holcomb knows this team inside and out, and his veteran savvy would expose a young/inexperienced defense in a heartbeat.

~The Answer

Alright.

I've thought for a while that you're just posting nonsense to get everyone excited because it's the boring off-season.

You just sealed the deal.

BAM
03-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Maybe E-Mo could rejoin his butt-buddy in Philly.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 04:24 PM
What is his win loss record again? I am sure all of those losses were because of the defense and not because he threw a 3 yard pass when he needed 8.

Not just about wins and losses slinger - it's about heart, dedication, passion, leadership - the things that encompass who Kelly Holcomb is as a professional football player.

Holcomb carried the Browns and he gave Buffalo fans hope and a christmas present in 2005 - in fact you could argue that fate inexorably led to the Bengals demise because the loss against Buffalo triggered a chain of events - from drawing the Steelers in the first round, to Palmers devestating injury, to the Bengals being a big disappointment in 2006.:bow:

~The Answer

The Answer
03-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Alright.

I've thought for a while that you're just posting nonsense to get everyone excited because it's the boring off-season.

You just sealed the deal.

Keep believing whatever you like rockstar - but rest assured that The Answer is impervious to your ludicrous accusations.

~The Answer

The Answer
03-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Maybe E-Mo could rejoin his butt-buddy in Philly.

Rumors were flying around last year about Moulds landing in Philly - but since he was traded to Houston instead of being released he didn't have a say in the matter.

Teams are patiently waiting until after the draft before they sign the rest of the big names like Moulds that are left on the market - but The Answer imagines that Holcomb is already lobbying for Moulds to the Eagles front office and don't be surprised one bit to see the Holcomb/Moulds connection hook up again in 2007.:jam:

~The Answer

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 04:54 PM
That's what The Answer has been saying all along - Holcomb WILL beat out Feeley, and McNabb has been seriously injured multiple times in his career. The Answer believes that if Holcomb is lights out in training camp he will force Andy Reid into a difficult decision.

~The Answer
wanna bet?

patmoran2006
03-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah..

Andy Reid is going to listen to that, so he can have a connection featuring his third string QB and a 48-year old WR.

TigerJ
03-29-2007, 05:39 PM
When Holcomb poops his pants in Philadelphia and the Bills make the playoffs, The Answer will quietly disappear to be reincarnated with another user name to post more drivel on different subject matter to avoid having to answer for all his posts to far.

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Holcomb is a class act - and he wants a chance to win a championship and knew there's no way that's happening in Buffalo anytime soon.

~The Answer

not with lossman at QB.

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 05:45 PM

i see anything wrong with that.it's been kinda dead in here lately.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 05:46 PM

Wouldn't JP be some of TDs trash?

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 05:47 PM

lossman is next. :up:

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Saburzfan? TDummy?

Nope. My grammer blows.

TacklingDummy is only handle I go by.

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Losman barely beat out The Holcombnator - and you can argue that their performances were identical anyway.

It really makes The Answer wonder if we would have been playoff bound with Holcomb starting in 2006?

~The Answer

we would have beaten detroit if 'The Holcombnator' was in there. :up:

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 05:57 PM

~The Answer

you Lickers should take notes.

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Saburzfan? TDummy?

:laughter:

now you're reaching........ :rolleyes:

mikemac2001
03-29-2007, 06:07 PM

i learned that right away i dont even read his post, i just read people whitty remarks and comebacks

casdhf
03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Nope. My grammer blows.

TacklingDummy is only handle I go by. and Sab's is worse ... I'm guessing its JUICE!!

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 06:19 PM
and Sab's is worse ...

ewe bettur beeleev et...... :up:

The Answer
03-29-2007, 06:23 PM
When Holcomb poops his pants in Philadelphia and the Bills make the playoffs, The Answer will quietly disappear to be reincarnated with another user name to post more drivel on different subject matter to avoid having to answer for all his posts to far.

:bs:

Sorry to damper your homeristic parade but the Bills are further away from being a playoff team than they were last year. 2-14 is highly probable at this point.

The Answer guarantees that the Eagles will be a playoff team - whether via division title or wild card.

~The Answer

The Answer
03-29-2007, 06:27 PM
we would have beaten detroit if 'The Holcombnator' was in there. :up:

We could have been a 10-12 win team with Holcomb - his veteran leadership and playmaking ability likely would have been the difference in the SD, Indy, Bal, Det, and first NE game.

But obviously if The Holcomb would have started last year, than JP's development would have been compromised....

~The Answer

SABURZFAN
03-29-2007, 06:39 PM
We could have been a 10-12 win team with Holcomb - his veteran leadership and playmaking ability likely would have been the difference in the SD, Indy, Bal, Det, and first NE game.

~The Answer

i wonder if The Lickers feel the same way. :idunno:

DynaPaul
03-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Jeez, everyone's happy to leave Buffalo. I guess no one wants to be a part of the beginning of a winning team.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Jeez, everyone's happy to leave Buffalo. I guess no one wants to be a part of the beginning of a winning team.

:laughing: :lmao: :lol: :lolabove: :roflmao:

~The Answer

Devin
03-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Holcomb couldn't hold JP's jock? Than explain why he was benched TWICE in favor of The Holcombator?

The Answer is estactic that JP emerged last season - but you have to wonder if we could have made a deep playoff run with Holcomb.

~The Answer

Yeah by Mike Mularkey, who is now coaching the janitorial staff at fin stadium.

superbills
03-29-2007, 09:49 PM
And they were all the good players this team had - love them or hate them.

Getting rid of your veteran back up QB = Rebuilding
2-14 in 2007 - BOOK IT! :blowup:

~The Answer

:roflmao: I think I just peed a little

Yeah, we're rebuilding becuase we got rid of our "wily veteran". And you expect people to take you seriously? Tool :hammer: