PDA

View Full Version : sabres bills comparison

trapezeus
03-29-2007, 11:41 AM
just thinking outloud, but when the sabres let zhitnik and satan go, all the people who demand high paid superstars cried until they got blue in the face. "the sabres gave away their only productive players. We're never going to win again. I hate this team." And a couple years later, we've never been better.

so why is it so hard for these kind of fans to sit back and realize, sports is all about wanting to be great, about wanting to make the team. When you have a load of players who know they've automatically made the team and automatically have a huge pay check regardless of performance, you get people with bad attitudes, with half efforts, and lots of excuses.

We have a team being created that all has something to prove and a boat load of picks to come this year. We have young guys who are talented and want to make the team. They don't care if the city is a party town. They want to be an NFL player for no other reason than pride. I believe the theory management is that at this level for the most part skill levels are very close. If you can get everyone to play as a team, you can be much more deadly than having two or three above average players who aren't too far away from average.

so for the whiners about the bills offseason, calm down. this team is being made to have more heart and be more entertaining. You'll see it in september.

OpIv37
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
yeah, September 2009.

justasportsfan
03-29-2007, 11:48 AM
the sabres did it, the pats did it and so did the colts.

patmoran2006
03-29-2007, 11:51 AM
The Sabres are totally different than the Sabres in MANY ways, and I wont even bother to get into further explanation..

NOt to say the Bills can't head towards the same path, they certainly can.. But they are two different organizations run different ways.