X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Leadership

I think the biggest thing that bothers me in Spikes/Fletcher's departure is the question of what kind of real defensive leadership is left on the roster. This article on bb.com discusses the fact that Schobel and Kelsay have been moved into the lockers formerly housing Spikes and Fletch--lockers normally reserved for team leaders.

The article then notes that Schobel doesn't talk much, and Kelsay doesn't really sound like he's in the same leadership league as Spikes/Fletcher (if you have to say you're a leader, you're probably not). However, Kelsay does say that he thinks Crowell and a couple other guys who had leadership roles in college will fill the void, but I'm only marginally convinced.

Think we should be concerned about this? or are there some personalities on this roster that have been previously held back by the presence of Spikes and Fletcher in leadership roles and that have the ability to take charge. Discuss.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Leadership

Well we don't have anybody that can stir up a QB controversy or ***** when overaged vets get released. So we are definately weaker there.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

I'm hoping Whitener, and maybe Simpson, take over leadership roles. If they do it now, they'll provide leadership for a long time. It doesn't take natural leaders long to take charge, especially if when they back it up on the field. Btw, I loved Simpson's comments after the Miami game last year ("the big joker").

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Well we don't have anybody that can stir up a QB controversy or ***** when overaged vets get released. So we are definately weaker there.
        yeah but do we have anyone that can stir up the defense on a big third down
        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I don't know anything about Walker, but he's a veteran with a lot of playoff experience.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
            yeah but do we have anyone that can stir up the defense on a big third down
            Crowell? Tripplett? ....... Hargrove
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I think you're really going to see Losman step up and be a leader this year

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I hope so. He really wasn't allowed to do anything last year. Time to let the cuffs go.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Answer
                  The Plagiarist
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                  I think the biggest thing that bothers me in Spikes/Fletcher's departure is the question of what kind of real defensive leadership is left on the roster. This article on bb.com discusses the fact that Schobel and Kelsay have been moved into the lockers formerly housing Spikes and Fletch--lockers normally reserved for team leaders.

The article then notes that Schobel doesn't talk much, and Kelsay doesn't really sound like he's in the same leadership league as Spikes/Fletcher (if you have to say you're a leader, you're probably not). However, Kelsay does say that he thinks Crowell and a couple other guys who had leadership roles in college will fill the void, but I'm only marginally convinced.

Think we should be concerned about this? or are there some personalities on this roster that have been previously held back by the presence of Spikes and Fletcher in leadership roles and that have the ability to take charge. Discuss.
                  Don't forget about the other important leader/mentor we just lost as well:

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    The Answer agrees and is confident that Holcomb instilled his leadership qualities in Losman through his tutelage.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Holcomb as a leader is the single MOST ******ed thing I have read on this board. Thanks for the laugh.

All Holcomb has done in his career is hold a clipboard for Peyton Manning. Maybe according to you, KH taught Peyton everything he knows. Even how to act! "can you sign this loaf of bread for my brother, he loves you. YES!"

In Cleveland he divided a locker room among Couch and KH supporters off the basis of ONE game. ONE game. He's shown that he can never play in long stretches at a time and he sure as hell didn't help Tim become a better player nor help the Browns organization.

Here, oh look, he helped cause the same thing. Until the new front office put a stop to that real quick.

Holcomb has never been about helping, mentoring or tutelage. Who are you trying to fool?

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Holcomb as a leader is the single MOST ******ed thing I have read on this board. Thanks for the laugh.

All Holcomb has done in his career is hold a clipboard for Peyton Manning. Maybe according to you, KH taught Peyton everything he knows. Even how to act! "can you sign this loaf of bread for my brother, he loves you. YES!"

In Cleveland he divided a locker room among Couch and KH supporters off the basis of ONE game. ONE game. He's shown that he can never play in long stretches at a time and he sure as hell didn't help Tim become a better player nor help the Browns organization.

Here, oh look, he helped cause the same thing. Until the new front office put a stop to that real quick.

Holcomb has never been about helping, mentoring or tutelage. Who are you trying to fool?
                        He didn't teach Manning anything - And The Answer has never claimed that.

But you are right - he did tear about a lockeroom and fanbase apart in Cleveland becasue he was 10x better than the monumental #1 overall bust they drafted to be their 'savior'. And despite being the catalyst that led The Browns to the playoffs - and a 17 point lead that the defense blew - Politics reared their ugly head and prevented Holcomb from being the man there because the front office idiots actually believe Couch was going to develop.

Also did you not watch Losman's transformation last year? He went from Tim Couchesque status himself - to what looks to be the best of the 2004 draft class.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The Answer
                          He didn't teach Manning anything - And The Answer has never claimed that.

But you are right - he did tear about a lockeroom and fanbase apart in Cleveland becasue he was 10x better than the monumental #1 overall bust they drafted to be their 'savior'. And despite being the catalyst that led The Browns to the playoffs - and a 17 point lead that the defense blew - Politics reared their ugly head and prevented Holcomb from being the man there because the front office idiots actually believe Couch was going to develop.

Also did you not watch Losman's transformation last year? He went from Tim Couchesque status himself - to what looks to be the best of the 2004 draft class.

~The Answer

KH lead the Browns to the playoffs in 2002? You sure about that one? Positive? I got plenty of references to show you're not only wrong but absolutely clueless.

Tim Couch started 14 of the 16 games in 2002. His stats are as follows.
                          2002 cle | 14 | 273 443 61.6 2842 6.4 18 18
                          KH stats....2 starts.

Yes, he was TONS better. Oh yeah..With Couch starting the Browns went 8-6. KH 1-1 in the regular season...0-1 in the playoffs.

The only reason KH played the playoff game vs the Steelers is because Couch broke his leg vs the Falcons in week 17. So explain to me "answer" how did KH lead the Browns to the playoffs exactly when he only started 2 games?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Damn "Answer"

Funtimes just said...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

I like that pic.. I think I'm gonna have a new sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X