PDA

View Full Version : Would it be concevable that Lynch doesn't go in the first round?

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Looking through some mock drafts I stumbled across this:

The reason Marshawn Lynch has slipped out of my first round
I've dropped Cal HB Marshawn Lynch from my latest first round mock (for now) because I believe the Packers will pass him up with their first round pick and target TE Greg Olsen or a receiver for Brett Favre...after Lynch gets past the Packers there are only a few teams (Giants, Titans, Pats (maybe) and Colts (maybe)) that need or want to take a back in the first round...the Giants have Brandon Jacobs and Rueben Droughns and numerous other needs...the Titans could really use a back like Lynch to compliment LenDale White (who reported to their offseason camp at 260+) but will the Titans take a chance and roll the dice AGAIN on a prospect that is perceived to have character issues coming into the Draft? ...keep in mind...possibly as early as next week Commissioner Goodell is going to announce a tougher player conduct policy for players that get in trouble off the field...he is also expected to announce stricter rules for NFL teams that select prospects with character issues going into the Draft...I expect the Commissioner's announcement to change the thinking and Draft strategy for NFL teams that took chances on players in the past.

Other reasons you could see Lynch slip a bit are his forty times of 4.52 and 4.55 are just average for a back...plus...his short shuttle times of 4.55 and 4.58 were amoung the worst in the HB group at the Combine.

I think the Titans would be a perfect landing spot for Lynch...but...without doubt...the team will extensively research this subject before they roll the dice again.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2007draft.html

Earthquake Enyart
03-29-2007, 01:05 PM
He might not go in the second either.

Devin
03-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I think he goes in the first but hes fallen on a lot of boards, Lynch isnt the dynamic all-around stud RB hes been made out to be.

Ickybaluky
03-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Of course he will go in the first round. He carries a first round grade.

patmoran2006
03-29-2007, 01:22 PM
LMAO...

He's gone before pick 17 at the latest.

anyone wanna wager a 1000 ZB's?

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Of course he will go in the first round. He carries a first round grade.

EE, is that you?

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
LMAO...

He's gone before pick 17 at the latest.

anyone wanna wager a 1000 ZB's?
No. But I still think he's a d-bag.

patmoran2006
03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
No. But I still think he's a d-bag.
Be careful.. He might be a d-bag that you may soon be rooting for.

gr8slayer
03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
He's going number twelve.

Devin
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM
No he isnt. And pat if greenbay aquires Turner ill take that bet.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
The Answer has Lynch graded as a mid 1st round prospect (10-20) on his big board- rest assured there's no chance he around for long.

Depending on what happens with Peterson you could seen him go even sooner.

~The Answer

Devin
03-29-2007, 02:07 PM
The Answer has Lynch graded as a mid 1st round prospect (10-20) on his big board- rest assured there's no chance he around for long.

Depending on what happens with Peterson you could seen him go even sooner.

~The Answer

Forgive me if i dont take the word of a guy who thinks holcomb will challenge mcnabb for a starting job seriously. Back to madden kiddo.