PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin Compares Himself To Hitler

gr8slayer
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Tom Coughlin compared himself to Hitler on Wednesday.
Just beating the beat writers to the punch. Asked if he paid attention to the media coverage surrounding him, Coughlin said, ""I hear some of it and I see it. You know (VP of communications Pat) Hanlon tells me about it, what's going on ... Hitler and then me, in that order. Unfortunate, but it is."

Bert102176
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
it's a good comparison from what I've heard the guys is a real a-hole

Mitchy moo
03-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I bet his jewish ownership loves hearing about having a hitler in their ranks.

gr8slayer
03-29-2007, 01:43 PM
haha. Never thought of that.

Jeff1220
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I think this is being blown out of proportion. He wasn't really comparing himself to Hitler. He was saying there's Hitler (ie: the absolute worst), then there's me (the next worst thing).
I think that's a huge difference from saying "According to everybody out there, I'm as bad as Hitler."
But don't get me wrong, I think Coughlin is a moron.

Bert102176
03-29-2007, 01:47 PM

they shoulda fired his ass after last season, if so Tiki woulda been back I'm sure of that

Carlton Bailey
03-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Belichick will be their coach in 2008 and beyond.

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
That's not a good comparison at all. Hitler was much more of an offensive coach, while Coughlin is known more as a defensive guru. Plus, none of Hitler's guys ever quit to take a reporting gig on a network morning show that nobody watches anymore.

Mr. Pink
03-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm willing to bet the next thing we hear out of Coughlin is a public apology for being a dumbass.

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm willing to bet the next thing we hear out of Coughlin is a public apology for being a dumbass.

Eh. This sounds like one of those out-of-context off the cuff kinda things that doesn't deserve a whole lot of attention. It's not like he was endorsing Hitler's ethnic policies or goose-stepping down the sidelines.

Gunzlingr
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
That's not a good comparison at all. Hitler was much more of an offensive coach, while Coughlin is known more as a defensive guru. Plus, none of Hitler's guys ever quit to take a reporting gig on a network morning show that nobody watches anymore.

Tho he did have a problem winning on the road later in his career.