X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Possibilities with Robert Meachem

Is #12 too high to take Meachem? Why would we take a WR at #12 when we have more pressing needs? Is the visit of Meachem in Buffalo just a smoke screen?

You would think that we would take P. Willis or M. Lynch at #12 as we need to plug holes at these positions but could we be looking at Meachem as OBD may want to get back into the first round to go after Meachem?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • lightningbolt444
    • Mar 2007

Re: Possibilities with Robert Meachem

well i was huge on lynch almost all off season but now the only person (realistically) i want to see taken with the 12th pick would be patrick willis. Marshawn lynch and Robert meachem i would dstill be happy with although for both i would want to see the bills trade down because i would want to see them pick up some more picks. I know we need instant starters however if you draft right you get instant starters and stars in later rounds happens every year so if we add maybe a thrid round pick and still draft lynch or meachem we could then use that extra pick for either a depth pick or maybe a sleeper in the draft. A good rotation at one position although not as good as having a great player will suffice for me for one year as i think this team is at least a year away from being playoff contenders. I think come draft day to an extent the bills are going to take the best player avialable. I know they wont draft a qb (except maybe in the later rounds) but other than that they are open to really draft the best player available i mean we still need a cb,a saftey to go along with whitner,linebacker,a real #2 wr, running back and still couldd use another big body on the o-line.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

it isnt a reach picking him at 12 but if we were to consider it which i doubt we are even though we met with him i say we would trade down first

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I like meacham and everybody knows I want a WR badly with our second pick..

But 12 is WAY TOO high to take a WR-- Unfortunately, marv likes his WR corps more than most of us do.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006

But 12 is WAY TOO high to take a WR-- Unfortunately, marv likes his WR corps more than most of us do.
          i want a WR too and if Jarrett or Rice are there when we pick in the 2nd round we better take them....we can still get Rufus Alexander or some LB in the 3rd and then after that we take a CB and then we can draft BPA

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

If we fail to take a LB, RB, or CB in round 1, I'll put my foot through the TV. If they trade down and then grab Meachem, fine...as long as they grab a LB or RB with a compensatory pick from the trade down.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Unfortunately, marv likes his WR corps more than most of us do.
              If this is true, why have Meachem visit?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

this is a back-up plan in case Willis is gone before our pick. Also, it could be posturing for a trade down- if Marv got word that someone a few spots below us wants Meacham, he could be feigning interest to set up the trade.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  this is a back-up plan in case Willis is gone before our pick. Also, it could be posturing for a trade down- if Marv got word that someone a few spots below us wants Meacham, he could be feigning interest to set up the trade.
                  possibly. who knows what he's got up his polyester sportcoat sleeve.
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    I think you are right. It's a back up plan just in case the one they want isn't there at #12.
                    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• realdealryan
                      realdealrex
                      • Nov 2005

Why unfortunately? If Marv is high on such underrated superstars like Josh Reed and Peerless Price, I think we can safely assume he will not stretch at 12. I think when AP and Willis are gone, there is no clear-cut pick for Marv & Co. We then trade down.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

this thread is hillarious..

thanks.. i needed a good
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Meachem is one of 10 WR's I might consider in Rounds 3-4. I realize he'll probably be gone earlier.
                          His scouting report says he hears footsteps and doesn't like going over the middle. Wow ! Just like Peerless !

I find it hard to talk about anthing else in the first 2 rounds, outside of LB and RB. I wonder why.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

Me thinks they will swap with SD first rounders and bills get thier third in exchange for RB M Turner. We pick R Meachem with there pick and Zack TE with our 2nd. This is JP's team and we gave him a line in Free agency and we finish the Job on the first day. Cover 2 lb's can be had later. Defense may win championships but offence get them in the stands.....

Originally posted by jpdex12
                            Is #12 too high to take Meachem? Why would we take a WR at #12 when we have more pressing needs? Is the visit of Meachem in Buffalo just a smoke screen?

You would think that we would take P. Willis or M. Lynch at #12 as we need to plug holes at these positions but could we be looking at Meachem as OBD may want to get back into the first round to go after Meachem?
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

My take is they are thinking of trading back into the first round and looking at a guy like Meachum.

Comment

Working...
                              X