• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chubluv
    BillsZone bowling team MVP
    • Jan 2003

Memorial Auditorium

Well if they are going to knock down the Aud lets here about some of your fondest memories.

We are in 5th place
    Clump is on the IR
    Chubluv average is 167
    Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
    Become a member of BDZ !!!!

• Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Memorial Auditorium

Final game at the Aud. Standing ovation for the final minute, then the lowering of the banners.

Bandits winning the championship in 1992.

NHL draft (when Lindros refused the Nodicks jersey)
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jan 2004

As the late Seymour H. Knox III once said:

"FAREWELL OLD FRIEND"
      1938-2007
      HOME OF THE SABRES 1970-1996

April 14, 1996. The Sabres play their final game at The Aud, beating the Hartford Whalers 4-1. A post game tribute and farewell was given to honor Sabres pas...

April 14, 1996. The Sabres play their final game at The Aud, beating the Hartford Whalers 4-1. A post game tribute and farewell was given to honor Sabres pas...

April 14, 1996. After beating the Whalers 4-1 in the last game at The Aud, the Sabres from the past and the present help carry the retired numbers and banners off the ice.

April 14, 1996. The Sabres play their last game inside Buffalo Memorial Auditorium aka "The Aud" vs. the Hartford Whalers. This is the final minute of gamepl...

April 14, 1996. The Sabres play their last game inside Buffalo Memorial Auditorium aka "The Aud" vs. the Hartford Whalers. This is the final minute of gameplay and the aftermath.

This video was edited together by Channel 2 News NBC Buffalo affiliate showcasing memories from The Aud for the 11pm newscast after the last Sabres game at t...

This video was edited together by Channel 2 News NBC Buffalo affiliate showcasing memories from The Aud for the 11pm newscast after the last Sabres game at the Aud, April 14, 1996.

and ch2 news just confirmed it! the Aud is coming down!

Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Hmm, my one and only memory in the Aud was going to the circus when I was 12. I remember going up to check out the upper level and knowing exactly why they used to be called "nosebleeds" Serious vertigo up there.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

Damn, way to many memories to list. I went to about 20 games a year in the early 80s with a friend who's parents had season tickets.

I was there for May Day, Gretzky's record, and Perrault's 500th,etc. (1st row of the upper golds). I wasn't there for Dave Hannen's goal against NJ though. Bandits season tickets for the first couple of years.

There were some not so good memories too, but I can't get into some of those.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            Hmm, my one and only memory in the Aud was going to the circus when I was 12. I remember going up to check out the upper level and knowing exactly why they used to be called "nosebleeds" Serious vertigo up there.

Same here, I did make 2 Sabres games when I was like 7or8 but dont remember a whole lot..

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

I was there for May Day as well. Incredible.

My HS B-ball team winning a regional final there.

My first hockey game. Saw Wayne Gretzky and the Oilers in 81.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• fushetti
                President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                • Feb 2003

I attended many games there as a kid from 87-96. Basically from age 8 to 16 I went to at least 3-10 games a year. Tickets were so cheap back then, my buddy's paper route paid for all of us to get Family Orange seats for 10 bucks.

My first memory of that place was going to see a Sesame Street on Ice show and marveling at how steep the oranges were. I remember telling my father that i'd never go up there because I'd fall. I saw many Shrine Circus' there....Bandits, Sabres, Canisius basketball.

As for Sabres games, I didn't go to any of the memorable ones (since there weren't many in the 90's except for may day and hannans ot goal) but I was there for the final game. Just getting to see some of the greats roll through Buffalo like Gretzky and Lemieux in their prime were awesome. Getting autographs outside the dressing rooms. The many Sabres carnivals. Childhood memories. I still remember seeing the old teams like Winnipeg, Quebec, and Minnesota North Stars come through.
                However, the one thing I miss the most about that place was the smell! That place smelled fantastic. I don't know what it was, (probably nothing good) but if I try hard enough, I can smell it.

That post made me sound like I am 50 or so. I'm 27. hehe.
                "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• SabreEleven
                  • Aug 2002

Getting fresh peanuts from the Peanut guy right out side before you went it.

Having to watch a TV screen to see the Scoreboard in the blues.

Smashing a cup to play hockey at the middle of the walk ramps.

Rene Robert giving me a hockey puck after warm-ups.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

October of 1990, when Gilbert Perreault's number was retired.

They played the Canadians i think it was.

1988 Playoffs, Standing room only tix in the nose bleeds vs the Boston Bruins
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• clumping platelets

I was at the game when Wayne broke the record.........2nd row, upper golds, in the corner to the right of the goal.........50 ft away

Ozzy concert in 1982 (1983?)....

Comment

• clumping platelets

I miss the nachos

Comment

• Dude
                            that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                            • Feb 2005

I went to many games when I was a kid, but the most memorable was when Clint Malarchuck's neck got sliced open. My seats were in the golds right on the goal line, so I had a direct view of the whole thing. I've never seen so much blood. I think it was said that something like 9 people whe were at the game fainted or needed medical attention.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                              • Jul 2002

Going to "Little Three" games as a kid.
                              Bob Lanier playing for Bona.
                              Calvin Murphy for Niagara.
                              Niagara used to run a Harlem Globetrotters style pre-game drill that would end with the 5'10" Murphy dunking.

Many, many sellouts for for those games.

Comment

Working...
                              X