PDA

View Full Version : Yipes. I guess so much for landing AP huh

patmoran2006
03-29-2007, 05:21 PM
It's been fun to envision all scenarios where AP could fall to the Bills at 12. Yes, it would be a dream come true for a lot of fans (including myself).

But it's not going to happen.. As the draft gets closer, more and more teams are looking at him; as they should.. He's one of the best players in the draft, and they rarely if ever fall out of the top 10. Leinart had competition for best QB coming out last year; AP does not.

Vikings | Taylor workload to be reduced
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:17:47 -0700
Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress will reduce the workload of RB Chester Taylor next year to keep him healthy over the course of the season.

Cardinals | Team may draft Peterson
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:16:57 -0700
Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have not ruled out drafting University of Oklahoma RB Adrian L. Peterson if he is available at the fifth pick.

Lions | Team wants to meet with Peterson
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:06:27 -0700
Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports the Detroit Lions are going to invite University of Oklahoma RB Adrian L. Peterson to meet with the team sometime before the draft.

(Doesnt even include Cleveland, Atlanta and Houston) who I'm sure have an interest in him as well.

BILLSROCK1212
03-29-2007, 05:26 PM
It's been fun to envision all scenarios where AP could fall to the Bills at 12. Yes, it would be a dream come true for a lot of fans (including myself).

But it's not going to happen.. As the draft gets closer, more and more teams are looking at him; as they should.. He's one of the best players in the draft, and they rarely if ever fall out of the top 10. Leinart had competition for best QB coming out last year; AP does not.

Kevin Seifert, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress will reduce the workload of RB Chester Taylor next year to keep him healthy over the course of the season.

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals have not ruled out drafting University of Oklahoma RB Adrian L. Peterson if he is available at the fifth pick.

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports the Detroit Lions are going to invite University of Oklahoma RB Adrian L. Peterson to meet with the team sometime before the draft.

(Doesnt even include Cleveland, Atlanta and Houston) who I'm sure have an interest in him as well.
oo and we may draft Brady Quinn

TigerJ
03-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I never thought it was more than a long shot. I won't be too disappointed if it does not happen.

Yasgur's Farm
03-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I believe I'd rather have Lynch or even another day 1 guy... All things considered.

Illmatic15
03-29-2007, 05:47 PM
O well we can still trade up...

jamesiscool
03-29-2007, 05:51 PM
O well we can still trade up...

we would never trade up. too many holes to fill.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Bills fans on crack are the only ones who thought AP was going to fall to Buffalo.

feelthepain
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM

Two of those teams could use a QB aswell, I hope one of them takes AP. My hope would be Minn.

casdhf
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Right, I'm sure Arizona is going to take him.

mikemac2001
03-29-2007, 06:04 PM
after the ATL and Hou trade i felt if he got to Texans they would draft him at 10 so i lost hope after that. but hey you never know

gil
03-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Bills fans on crack are the only ones who thought AP was going to fall to Buffalo.

not that I thought he would fall to us, but all the mock drafts that had AP falling to us were done by bills fans on crack?

just checking.

Nighthawk
03-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Don't think he'll fall, but all those teams are posturing just to build up more value in the pick they hold. They want other teams to bid to move up and if teams believe they may actually grab him, then a team might offer more to get up there.

The Answer
03-29-2007, 06:30 PM

Tis the season for smokescreens PM2006 - regardless it's highly unlikley that Peterson lasts until #12, but stranger things have happened.

After all the geniuses in our front office gave no indication they were targeting Whitner......

~The Answer

Tatonka
03-29-2007, 06:41 PM
who cares?

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
I don't care if he falls or not, why would you look into news like that. Every team out there is going to throw up smokescreens, look at players, etc. You can't read something like the Cardinals may be interested and believe it to be true. Take this advice regarding pre draft press and hype. Don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see.

bflojohn
03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
We're drafting Robert Meachem... he visited.... Oh *****, I did the same thing!!!

Bert102176
03-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Right, I'm sure Arizona is going to take him.

James is how old, why wouldn't they have interest in a good young RB and hell James wasn't that impressive last year

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Thank God Peterson doesn't fall to us. I don't want him and don't want the pressure of having to take him.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
not that I thought he would fall to us, but all the mock drafts that had AP falling to us were done by bills fans on crack?

just checking.

Could be.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Thank God Peterson doesn't fall to us. I don't want him and don't want the pressure of having to take him.

I agree.

Let someone else draft Ki-Jana Peterson.

Slim
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
I agree.

Let someone else draft Ki-Jana Peterson.

You mean Adrian Dickerson. idiot.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
You mean Adrian Dickerson. idiot.

Nope. I clearly meant Ki-Jana Peterson.