PDA

View Full Version : BuffaloBills.com updates player weights

TigerJ
03-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I saw it mentioned with regards to Buffalo's DTs, but they appear to have updated all or at least most player weights. Aaron Schobel is listed as 243, well down from the 265 lbs he carried coming out of college. On the other hand Melvin Fowler is listed as 310 lbs., about 15 lbs higher than his listing when he signed with Buffalo. I only wish they had listed the old and new weights side by side so we could see what's going on with these guys.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html

John Doe
03-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I saw it mentioned with regards to Buffalo's DTs, but they appear to have updated all or at least most player weights. Aaron Schobel is listed as 243, well down from the 265 lbs he carried coming out of college. On the other hand Melvin Fowler is listed as 310 lbs., about 15 lbs higher than his listing when he signed with Buffalo. I only wish they had listed the old and new weights side by side so we could see what's going on with these guys.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html

There are plenty of eye-openers:

Angelo Crowell (246) weighs more than Aaron Schobel (243)!
Looks like he is prepped to play middle linebacker.

McCargo and Williams both coming in at over 300 and ready to play the nose.

Mario Hagan at 263!

Devin
03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Thats gotta be a typo on Schobel.

A DE thats a shade over 240?

gil
03-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I think Anderson spent his off-season at the all you can eat buffet - he's listed at 328 - wasn't he just around 300 last year?

I didn't think he could be slower than he was, but I think he'll reach new heights of sloth this year.

Romes
03-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Tim Anderson at 328! :fat:

Looks like they told McCargo, K. Williams and Anderson to put on a few pounds. For all those that wanted a 300 pounder on the DL now we have 3.

Night Train
03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I think Anderson spent his off-season at the all you can eat buffet - he's listed at 328 - wasn't he just around 300 last year?

I didn't think he could be slower than he was, but I think he'll reach new heights of sloth this year.

He owns a pizza parlor in Hamburg. Take a wild guess.

Goobylal
03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Interesting. Looks like everyone but Schobel added weight (Fowler has been listed at 295# everywhere I've looked).

EDS
03-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Whittle is only 279!
Walker 366!
Peters 340!
Kelsay down to 261!

I don't have a lot of confidence in those numbers.

Night Train
03-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Maybe a way of making these guys work harder during the off-season to gain or lose ? Expose them now and have them work hard.

EDS
03-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Maybe a way of making these guys work harder during the off-season to gain or lose ? Expose them now and have them work hard.

If that is the case someone needs to tell Walker and Peters to put the forks down and hand it over to Schobel and Whittle.

Saratoga Slim
03-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh my God. We truly have nothing left to talk about.

Scumbag College
03-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh my God. We truly have nothing left to talk about.

I think this is a pretty entertaining thread.

:hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :hockey:

TigerJ
03-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Interesting. Looks like everyone but Schobel added weight (Fowler has been listed at 295# everywhere I've looked). I think Brad Cieslak is lighter at 253. I hought he's been listed at 268 in the past. I think both Kelsay and Denney are lighter than when the came into the league. The trend is definitely to the upside, at least on the scales.

Bmax
03-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Schobel's weight is correct ...Remember these ends are focusing on speed...

I would still like for schobel to be 255 with the same speed....

Bmax

Goobylal
03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Schobel will add weight, as will Ellison. Peters and Walker will lose weight.

John Doe
03-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I think Brad Cieslak is lighter at 253. I hought he's been listed at 268 in the past. I think both Kelsay and Denney are lighter than when the came into the league. The trend is definitely to the upside, at least on the scales.

Cieslak was the fill-in at fullback last season after the starter went down.

Maybe the coaches liked what they saw and he plays there next season at a more agile weight.

OpIv37
03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Tim Anderson at 328! :fat:

Looks like they told McCargo, K. Williams and Anderson to put on a few pounds. For all those that wanted a 300 pounder on the DL now we have 3.

I'm hoping 2 cuz Anderson won't be on the final roster. If he keeps eating like that, he won't make it anyway.

And I seriously hope Williams and McCargo have been hitting the weight room and not the buffet.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2007, 09:06 PM
A new low in Zone History. *****ing about someones weight.

2008 can't come fast enough.

TigerJ
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
My purpose in posting the link was certainly not to *****. I'll admit Schobel's weight raised my eyebrows a bit. I don't know whether he has lost weight this offseason, or he played at that weight last season. On the other side, Anderson was largely ineffective at a lighter weight. Maybe the Bills' brain trust suggested the weight gain. It might be muscle instead of fat, and maybe the Bills think he can carry the extra muscle mass without giving up quickness, and that might help him become a better one technique tackle. To me it's interesting. That's all.

The Quebecer
03-29-2007, 10:27 PM
My purpose in posting the link was certainly not to *****. I'll admit Schobel's weight raised my eyebrows a bit. I don't know whether he has lost weight this offseason, or he played at that weight last season. On the other side, Anderson was largely ineffective at a lighter weight. Maybe the Bills' brain trust suggested the weight gain. It might be muscle instead of fat, and maybe the Bills think he can carry the extra muscle mass without giving up quickness, and that might help him become a better one technique tackle. To me it's interesting. That's all.

I'm totally with you on this one TigerJ, I find it very interesting that all our 1-Tech guys have increased weight and our DE decreased weight...

We all know that speed kills, so with the addition of Walker at the 1-tech + the extra weight of our 3-tech + our slimmer (so faster) DE, we might be in for a very big surprise from this defense...

In Marv we should trust...!

MVP
03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
you gotta remember all the rookies that came into the league last year were the lightest thier body has ever been because of all the training for thier 40 times, so once they go into thier sophmore season thier body is at it's peak position.

MVP
03-29-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm totally with you on this one TigerJ, I find it very interesting that all our 1-Tech guys have increased weight and our DE decreased weight...

We all know that speed kills, so with the addition of Walker at the 1-tech + the extra weight of our 3-tech + our slimmer (so faster) DE, we might be in for a very big surprise from this defense...

In Marv we should trust...!
you see it throughout the league, cover 2 DE's are all slim and quick (Freeney, Mathis, Ogunleye, Brown) Schobel will hopfully have a great season.

ublinkwescore
03-29-2007, 10:59 PM
He had a great season last year...

maybe this year gets him back to the probowl as DE #1.

lightningbolt444
03-30-2007, 02:49 AM
ok really had nothing to do so i compared this years to last years weights

Schobel- last:262 this:243
crowell 235, this 246
whittle last 305 this 279
walker last 355 this 366
dockery last 335 this 330

anyone else just ask me

Don't Panic
03-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Schoebel will be blitzing every down from outside the tackle... I don't care so much what he weighs as long as he's as fast as humanly (or Schoebely) possible.

gr8slayer
03-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Thats gotta be a typo on Schobel.

A DE thats a shade over 240?
Speed rusher baby.

mysticsoto
03-30-2007, 10:01 AM
A new low in Zone History. *****ing about someones weight.

2008 can't come fast enough.

I completely disagree. The weight a player carries can affect their play throughout the season - and therefore is very relevant to be discussed here. It is also an indication of what Jauron might be asking from the particular player. For example, Crowell being that much larger now raises questions about whether they have told him to gain in anticipation for taking over at MLB. If so, that changes the draft outlook considerably for our 1st pick and what they may be planning!!!