X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Quebecer
    • Jan 2003

Does Poz = Andy Katz???

Seriously guys & gals, I don't know much about Poz so I'm asking the question in all honesty...

Can you remember about Andy Katzennmoyer (Ohio State, LB) that was suppose to be the next great LBacker? He was draft by New England but never amount to anything... Was he injured ?

Thanks!
    "Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few engage in it!"

"Between stimulus and response there is a space.
    In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response.
    In those choices lie our growth and our hapiness."

"If you don't take care of your health now, you will undoubtly have to deal with your illness later!"
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Does Poz = Andy Katz???

Originally posted by The Quebecer
    Seriously guys & gals, I don't know much about Poz so I'm asking the question in all honesty...

Can you remember about Andy Katzennmoyer (Ohio State, LB) that was suppose to be the next great LBacker? He was draft by New England but never amount to anything... Was he injured ?

Thanks!
    edit yur post title....i thought you were talking about the college bball analysis

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Katzenmoyer's career was ultimately ended by a neck injury.

He had neck fusion surgery and was cleared to play again. However, when training camp came around he left camp. Ultimately, he decided the risk of re-injury was too much for a LB, given the number of hits. He just couldn't bring himself to overcome the fear of injury and the possibility he might hurt his neck again and face paralysis. He decided to retire instead.

Poz seems more mature than Katzenmoyer and has a great love for the game. Katzenmoyer might have been more athletic, but he lacked the passion for the game.

I like Poz a lot. He is real versatile, a guy who can play multiple LB positions in multiple systems. He has great instincts to play LB, is just a natural football player.

IMO, Poz will be a solid Pro. Whether he will be better than that will tell with time, but I think he is one of the least risky guys in the draft. He is almost sure to be a solid NFL starting LB. I wouldn't be upset if the Pats take him.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Of course he's the next Katzenmoyer. He's white.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The Quebecer
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by NE39
          Katzenmoyer's career was ultimately ended by a neck injury.

He had neck fusion surgery and was cleared to play again. However, when training camp came around he left camp. Ultimately, he decided the risk of re-injury was too much for a LB, given the number of hits. He just couldn't bring himself to overcome the fear of injury and the possibility he might hurt his neck again and face paralysis. He decided to retire instead.

Poz seems more mature than Katzenmoyer and has a great love for the game. Katzenmoyer might have been more athletic, but he lacked the passion for the game.

I like Poz a lot. He is real versatile, a guy who can play multiple LB positions in multiple systems. He has great instincts to play LB, is just a natural football player.

IMO, Poz will be a solid Pro. Whether he will be better than that will tell with time, but I think he is one of the least risky guys in the draft. He is almost sure to be a solid NFL starting LB. I wouldn't be upset if the Pats take him.
          Thanks for the answer, that's exactly what I was looking for...

"If you don't take care of your health now, you will undoubtly have to deal with your illness later!"

Comment

• The Quebecer
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
            edit yur post title....i thought you were talking about the college bball analysis
            Sorry, didn't know there was another Andy Katzenmoyer...

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by The Quebecer
              Sorry, didn't know there was another Andy Katzenmoyer...
              There's not. It's Andy Katz, ESPN's college analyst.

Comment

• The Quebecer
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                There's not. It's Andy Katz, ESPN's college analyst.
                Sorry, I'm not much into college BBall... and since I'm from Canada, I don't get to hear a lot about ESPN...

Comment

• Marvelous
                  • Feb 2004

I would like to see us land Pos. Dream would be to trade down and still get him but who knows...I recall all the hate about Whitner being such a reach but later we learned that he wouldn't have lasted long had we traded out of the spot..

How long will Pos be available after 12? oppinons please?
                  GO BILLS!!! NE
                  Magical Trevor

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                    !?!?!?!?!?
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Marvelous
                    I would like to see us land Pos. Dream would be to trade down and still get him but who knows...I recall all the hate about Whitner being such a reach but later we learned that he wouldn't have lasted long had we traded out of the spot..

How long will Pos be available after 12? oppinons please?
                    could last until 20....i say if we want him then 20 is the best spot to trade back to

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      could last until 20....i say if we want him then 20 is the best spot to trade back to
                      Using the trade value chart if we traded down to 20 we would get their 2nd & 6th..
                      Risky though
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

I also heard Poz compared to AJ Hawk. A player that always seems to be around the ball. I can't say I seen enough of him to say he will or won't be a great player. He definitely is a great character guy.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Katzenmoyer's big problem was that he had the approximate mental accuity of lichen. He had freakish measurables. Posluszny has good measurables, though not freaky by any stretch. By all accounts he's also pretty bright. I would compare Katzenmoyer to Brian Bosworth maybe, not Posluszny.

BTW, I'm not a huge proponent of Buffalo targeting Posluszny, but I don't think it would be terrible if it happened.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

POS sucks

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              POS sucks
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X