PDA

View Full Version : Does Poz = Andy Katz???

The Quebecer
03-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Seriously guys & gals, I don't know much about Poz so I'm asking the question in all honesty...

Can you remember about Andy Katzennmoyer (Ohio State, LB) that was suppose to be the next great LBacker? He was draft by New England but never amount to anything... Was he injured ?

Thanks!

BILLSROCK1212
03-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Seriously guys & gals, I don't know much about Poz so I'm asking the question in all honesty...

Can you remember about Andy Katzennmoyer (Ohio State, LB) that was suppose to be the next great LBacker? He was draft by New England but never amount to anything... Was he injured ?

Thanks!
edit yur post title....i thought you were talking about the college bball analysis

Ickybaluky
03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Katzenmoyer's career was ultimately ended by a neck injury.

He had neck fusion surgery and was cleared to play again. However, when training camp came around he left camp. Ultimately, he decided the risk of re-injury was too much for a LB, given the number of hits. He just couldn't bring himself to overcome the fear of injury and the possibility he might hurt his neck again and face paralysis. He decided to retire instead.

Poz seems more mature than Katzenmoyer and has a great love for the game. Katzenmoyer might have been more athletic, but he lacked the passion for the game.

I like Poz a lot. He is real versatile, a guy who can play multiple LB positions in multiple systems. He has great instincts to play LB, is just a natural football player.

IMO, Poz will be a solid Pro. Whether he will be better than that will tell with time, but I think he is one of the least risky guys in the draft. He is almost sure to be a solid NFL starting LB. I wouldn't be upset if the Pats take him.

Philagape
03-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Of course he's the next Katzenmoyer. He's white.

The Quebecer
03-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Katzenmoyer's career was ultimately ended by a neck injury.

He had neck fusion surgery and was cleared to play again. However, when training camp came around he left camp. Ultimately, he decided the risk of re-injury was too much for a LB, given the number of hits. He just couldn't bring himself to overcome the fear of injury and the possibility he might hurt his neck again and face paralysis. He decided to retire instead.

Poz seems more mature than Katzenmoyer and has a great love for the game. Katzenmoyer might have been more athletic, but he lacked the passion for the game.

I like Poz a lot. He is real versatile, a guy who can play multiple LB positions in multiple systems. He has great instincts to play LB, is just a natural football player.

IMO, Poz will be a solid Pro. Whether he will be better than that will tell with time, but I think he is one of the least risky guys in the draft. He is almost sure to be a solid NFL starting LB. I wouldn't be upset if the Pats take him.

Thanks for the answer, that's exactly what I was looking for...:peace: :beers:

The Quebecer
03-29-2007, 11:03 PM
edit yur post title....i thought you were talking about the college bball analysis

Sorry, didn't know there was another Andy Katzenmoyer...:peace:

Carlton Bailey
03-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Sorry, didn't know there was another Andy Katzenmoyer...:peace:

There's not. It's Andy Katz, ESPN's college analyst.

The Quebecer
03-29-2007, 11:07 PM
There's not. It's Andy Katz, ESPN's college analyst.

Sorry, I'm not much into college BBall... and since I'm from Canada, I don't get to hear a lot about ESPN... :oops:

Marvelous
03-29-2007, 11:59 PM
I would like to see us land Pos. Dream would be to trade down and still get him but who knows...I recall all the hate about Whitner being such a reach but later we learned that he wouldn't have lasted long had we traded out of the spot..

How long will Pos be available after 12? oppinons please?

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:03 AM
I would like to see us land Pos. Dream would be to trade down and still get him but who knows...I recall all the hate about Whitner being such a reach but later we learned that he wouldn't have lasted long had we traded out of the spot..

How long will Pos be available after 12? oppinons please?could last until 20....i say if we want him then 20 is the best spot to trade back to

Marvelous
03-30-2007, 12:17 AM
could last until 20....i say if we want him then 20 is the best spot to trade back to
Using the trade value chart if we traded down to 20 we would get their 2nd & 6th..:up: :fab2:
Risky though

don137
03-30-2007, 07:09 AM
I also heard Poz compared to AJ Hawk. A player that always seems to be around the ball. I can't say I seen enough of him to say he will or won't be a great player. He definitely is a great character guy.

TigerJ
03-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Katzenmoyer's big problem was that he had the approximate mental accuity of lichen. He had freakish measurables. Posluszny has good measurables, though not freaky by any stretch. By all accounts he's also pretty bright. I would compare Katzenmoyer to Brian Bosworth maybe, not Posluszny.

BTW, I'm not a huge proponent of Buffalo targeting Posluszny, but I don't think it would be terrible if it happened.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 09:24 AM
POS sucks

Philagape
03-30-2007, 09:54 AM
POS sucks

http://www.wisopinion.com/blogs/uploaded_images/BeavisButthead-711924.jpg

Devin
03-30-2007, 10:21 AM
POS sucks

Not as bad as Lynch.

Philagape
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM

How long will Pos be available after 12? oppinons please?

The Steelers are a candidate at 15

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Not as bad as Lynch.
I can name a half dozen linebackers, NOT even including patrick willis, that I think are better for a cover two defense that "Pos".

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Not as bad as Lynch.
Lynch sucks?

You're nutso

Devin
03-30-2007, 11:05 AM
I can name a half dozen linebackers, NOT even including patrick willis, that I think are better for a cover two defense that "Pos".

I hate to rain on your parade but you are aware they run a cover 2 at Penn state yes? Going by college play you are making assumptions as usual.

Hey pat what does a tenth of a second difference in speed look like anyway?

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
POS sucksas do your posts. how many PSU games did you actuually see the last 2 years?

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 12:18 PM
I hate to rain on your parade but you are aware they run a cover 2 at Penn state yes? Going by college play you are making assumptions as usual.

The difference between you catching me with yer girl, and getting away with it ;)

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 12:19 PM
as do your posts. how many PSU games did you actuually see the last 2 years?
What a stupid question?

Do you like Patrick Willis? How do you really know.. How many games did you watch Willis play the past 2 years?

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 12:44 PM
What a stupid question?

Do you like Patrick Willis? How do you really know.. How many games did you watch Willis play the past 2 years?
Yes I like Willis and am hoping that the Bills are able to draft him. and you didnt answer my question. You must not have seen many then. Why does Posluzny suck so bad. Just so we get this straight, are you totally opposed to him being on the Bills or just dont want him selected at 12?

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes I like Willis and am hoping that the Bills are able to draft him. and you didnt answer my question. You must not have seen many then. Why does Posluzny suck so bad. Just so we get this straight, are you totally opposed to him being on the Bills or just dont want him selected at 12?
Im opposed to seeing him on the bills period, because in my OPINION he will be an average, dime a dozen LB , and I want difference makers, and I personally feel there are better LB's than him.

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Im opposed to seeing him on the bills period, because in my OPINION he will be an average, dime a dozen LB , and I want difference makers, and I personally feel there are better LB's than him.
what leads you to believe that he is going to be an average, dime a dozen LB? he was a difference maker at PSU. why couldnt he be a the next level?

SABURZFAN
03-31-2007, 12:30 PM
POZ=BOZ

Devin
03-31-2007, 01:47 PM
POZ=BOZ

:yawn:

Philagape
03-31-2007, 02:12 PM
:yawn:

If JP's ***** hates him, he must be pretty good :up:

SABURZFAN
03-31-2007, 03:11 PM
take your two-man sausage party somewhere else. :rolleyes:

GarnOFreak
03-31-2007, 10:01 PM

well....NFLDraftCountdown lists the following:

Paul Posluszny 4.65sec 40 yard dash.

Here's the other top OLBs combine 40 times in relation to his 40 time:

Lawrence Timmons: .06 of a second faster
Jon Beason: .07 of a second slower
Stewart Bradley: .15 of a second slower
Justin Durant: .06 of a second faster
Rufus Alexander: .16 of a second slower
Earl Everett: .23 of a second slower

aside from speed, Poz is taller by at least half an inch and heavier as well than all but bradley and everett(who are even slower than Poz). So, yes Timmons is slightly faster, smaller, and lighter than Poz, he is also a project player, not someone who is ready to step in and play the way our rookies did last year. The other choices are not even graded as first round talents and surely one of them will be around for our second pick. The three teams below us all could use an ILB/OLB and have all been seen drafting LBs in mocks. if we trade down 4 spots, there may not be a 1st round LB left.

Just for giggles, here's the ILB list (using the combine times, not pro day):

Patrick Willis: .15 of a second faster
David Harris: .08 of a second faster
Buster Davis: .04 of a second slower
Brandon Siler: .02 of a second slower
HB Blades: .10 of a second slower

Willis is a speed demon, but the rest of these guys aren't really that much different either.