PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown Close To Signing Deal With Bills Or Titans

gr8slayer
03-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Scout.com reports free agent Chris Brown is close to finalizing a contract with either the Titans or Bills.
"The deal should be done next week," his agent says. The Titans hope to re-sign Brown after LenDale White showed up to offseason conditioning 30 pounds overweight. Buffalo has a vacancy atop its tailback depth chart.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:02 AM
it'll be the Titans i am pretty sure

gr8slayer
03-30-2007, 12:03 AM
God I hope so.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:04 AM
God I hope so.i still think we'd be in the hunt for an RB during the draft even if we signed him maybe Brian Leonard or Michael Bush in the later rounds....one thing is for sure....whatever we think will happen won't happen

Marvelous
03-30-2007, 12:27 AM
one thing is for sure....whatever we think will happen won't happen
Ha! Whitner sure was a surprise.

--I was looking at the sporting news draft guide and the grades for all our picks last year we're elite..Last year was a draft to remember...
:up: to Marv!

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Ha! Whitner sure was a surprise.

--I was looking at the sporting news draft guide and the grades for all our picks last year we're elite..Last year was a draft to remember...
:up: to Marv! last years draft was sooooooooo good i am afraid we r over estimating what we can get this year in the draft

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 12:32 AM
signing this guy really would give us more flexibility in this years draft.

Marvelous
03-30-2007, 12:32 AM
kYLE wiLLIAMS, kO Simpson, Butler,Mertz,Pennington,Kyle Williams etc...
Youboty is the only real questionmark. But he had a family tragedy & a hammy. So i'll postpone judgment there..McCargo is a unknown too. He didn't seem comftorable before he went down in week 5..But imo he'll be fine...

-Agreed, Marv is under alot of pressure to repeat the success of last year..

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:38 AM
kYLE wiLLIAMS, kO Simpson, Butler,Mertz,Pennington,Kyle Williams etc...
Youboty is the only real questionmark. But he had a family tragedy & a hammy. So i'll postpone judgment there..McCargo is a unknown too. He didn't seem comftorable before he went down in week 5..But imo he'll be fine...

-Agreed, Marv is under alot of pressure to repeat the success of last year..McCargo was becoming a pretty good player when he got hurt and when Youboty played he played pretty well....I recall him guard Jef Smardjia (sp?) pretty well in the Fiesta Bowl

TigerJ
03-30-2007, 08:24 AM
I agree that if Buffalo signs Chris Brown, they will draft a running back, just not Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. It could be a guy like Brandon Jackson, Deshawn Wright, or Jackie Battle. That said, with Lendale White reporting to offseason training at a pudgy and soft 260 lbs, it probably just drove up Brown's asking price and Buffalo may not be willing to go as high as will a now more desperate Tennessee.

kgun12
03-30-2007, 08:30 AM

Exactly! I was ready the posts above your and thinking what you wrote. This would let us take the best available or a specific position or target a certain player. I like it!

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 08:38 AM
I don't really like this guy cuz of his injury history, but if we got him, it would mean RB would no longer be a major need giong into the draft and that would help greatly.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Bills or Titans? Why so secretive? Just come out and say which team it is already!

I bet it's the agent leaking it trying to play the two teams against one another, as if either of them would really care.

Saratoga Slim
03-30-2007, 08:57 AM
I don't really like this guy cuz of his injury history, but if we got him, it would mean RB would no longer be a major need giong into the draft and that would help greatly.

absent a deal for Turner, which is probably unlikely, it really wouldn't hurt to have another vet on board. I think we'd still take a RB in the 3rd or so, and between the 3 we'd have the bases covered pretty well.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Exactly and I can't imagine he is asking for top dollar either.

Sign him Marv.

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 09:06 AM
LOL bet the titans sign him first. Lendale White might be moving to d-tackle

TigerJ
03-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Bills or Titans? Why so secretive? Just come out and say which team it is already!

I bet it's the agent leaking it trying to play the two teams against one another, as if either of them would really care.

Of course! That's part of his job.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:16 AM
God I hope so.
Why do you hope we wouldn't add depth to are RB situation?

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 09:20 AM
LOL bet the titans sign him first. Lendale White might be moving to d-tackle

I think he's a better fit for the unemployment line than the defensive line.

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Why do you hope we wouldn't add depth to are RB situation?

Because chris brown is a waste of time, money and health insurance. To be honest id rather have the a-train and shaud starting opening day then this guy.

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2007, 09:25 AM
The San Diego Union Tribune's Jim Trotter just said the two teams in the running for Michael Turner are Buffalo and Tennessee. Trotter was on Cold Pizza.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Because chris brown is a waste of time, money and health insurance. To be honest id rather have the a-train and shaud starting opening day then this guy.
Why this makes 0 sense.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I would be happy with Turner as well.

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Why this makes 0 sense.

This guy can't stay healthy to finish games much less a season. This has been his story in college and the NFL career. At first he was electrifying then he'd get injuired. He had a game against miami where he had 100 plus yards in a half. But he never played after half time. He really hasn't looked the same in the last couple years. If you sign chris brown all your doing is giving the buffalo training staff someone to talk to every practice.

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 09:37 AM
This guy can't stay healthy to finish games much less a season. This has been his story in college and the NFL career. At first he was electrifying then he'd get injuired. He had a game against miami where he had 100 plus yards in a half. But he never played after half time. He really hasn't looked the same in the last couple years. If you sign chris brown all your doing is giving the buffalo training staff someone to talk to every practice.

You just don't get it, do you?

If Marv does it, it's the right move. Because he's Marv. End of story.

RedEyE
03-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd prefer Turner and think he's worth we got for McGahee in a trade with the Ravens.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:43 AM
**** Marv.

It is the right move because we won't need to give up multiple picks to obtain him plus the fact I don't think he will command anywhere near the contract Turner is looking for.

That being said if we get Turner I will be happy as well!

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:44 AM
I'd prefer Turner and think he's worth we got for McGahee in a trade with the Ravens.
I don't think he has done anything to warrent that much but if we do that I am fine with it.

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 09:45 AM
**** Marv.

It is the right move because we won't need to give up multiple picks to obtain him plus the fact I don't think he will command anywhere near the contract Turner is looking for.

That being said if we get Turner I will be happy as well!

he's also nowhere near as good as Turner, so it's a trade off. If we get Turner, we get a better player but have to sacrifice draft picks. If we get Brown, we can keep all our draft picks but we get an injury-prone player.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:49 AM
he's also nowhere near as good as Turner, so it's a trade off. If we get Turner, we get a better player but have to sacrifice draft picks. If we get Brown, we can keep all our draft picks but we get an injury-prone player.
Yes because they are the same age and Turner has had more 1000 yard seasons right?

I am not saying that either is better than the other.

How can you be so sure?

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Yes because they are the same age and Turner has had more 1000 yard seasons right?

I am not saying that either is better than the other.

How can you be so sure?

at the very least Turner is less injury prone, so even if he's not technically as good he'll be equal or better in production because he'll be on the field more.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:51 AM
at the very least Turner is less injury prone, so even if he's not technically as good he'll be equal or better in production because he'll be on the field more.
Right because in his limited action last year he managed to miss 3 games with injury... :ill:

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Right because in his limited action last year he managed to miss 3 games with injury... :ill:

and how many has Chris Brown missed? I had him on my fantasy team a couple years ago and I had to sit him for over half the season cuz he was never healthy.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I guess my whole point is I think these guys both have similar talent. Brown certainly is more injury prone. Turner will cost precious draft picks and has never carried the full load.

I want more draft picks.

justasportsfan
03-30-2007, 09:56 AM
. If you sign chris brown all your doing is giving the buffalo training staff someone to talk to every practice.
Marv's gonna need someone to tell "you know in my bachelor years...."

RedEyE
03-30-2007, 09:57 AM
I don't think he has done anything to warrent that much but if we do that I am fine with it.

Neither did McGahee. The situation here is that the Bills have their backs up against a wall. They need a RB and can't head into the season with Thomas and Williams exchanging carries. Turner racks up some serious numbers whe nhe plays, has less miles on him then say a Chris Brown, but he has more experience then a wet behind the ears rookie. I'd drop the 3rd rounder in 2008 to a conditional pick, but I'd give up both the 3rd and the 7th we aquired from the Ravens for Turner.

RedEyE
03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I think Brown has been playing games with the Titans all off season and never had any intentions of leaving. He would have already have signed somewhere else if he did.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Neither did McGahee. The situation here is that the Bills have their backs up against a wall. They need a RB and can't head into the season with Thomas and Williams exchanging carries. Turner racks up some serious numbers whe nhe plays, has less miles on him then say a Chris Brown, but he has more experience then a wet behind the ears rookie. I'd drop the 3rd rounder in 2008 to a conditional pick, but I'd give up both the 3rd and the 7th we aquired from the Ravens for Turner.
I don't really think Brown has all that many miles on him either(especially in the last couple years). They are the same age.

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 10:01 AM
I guess my whole point is I think these guys both have similar talent. Brown certainly is more injury prone. Turner will cost precious draft picks and has never carried the full load.

I want more draft picks.

Two things- Chris Brown's talent is irrelevant if he's on the bench covered in bandages and ice packs.

And if we got Turner, it would be one less need in the draft so losing a pick or two in exchange would not be a big deal.

I think Brown would be an upgrade to what we have now but he's not the long term answer and we'd still have to draft an RB either this year or next. If we got Turner, we'd be set at RB for 3-4 years at least (barring some unforeseen catastrophic injury, of course).

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 10:01 AM
To be honest between Chris Brown and Michael Turner I'd rather give up a 2nd for Turner instead of getting Brown for no picks.

But if SD is asking too much, Brown isn't a bad stop-gap for the year.

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 10:02 AM

I want more draft picks.

I want more of a veteran presence on team that is the youngest in the league already. Turner is a young vet, but he's played behind one of leagues best, and he's played in some big games. He's hungry to be a starter, i would gladly give up these "precious draft picks" to get a player who can help us now. Granted Marv had a great draft last year, but guess what it's possible for a good scouting staff to have a bad year as well. I'll gladly part with draft picks if its the right move. Turner is the right move for the bills.

RedEyE
03-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't really think Brown has all that many miles on him either(especially in the last couple years). They are the same age.

Don't argue with me Thurm or I'll have Pastor ted come over and bust you in the lip. :D

Seriously, I think Turner has much mopre upside to him then Brown, but I see your point. I just don't think Brown ever had any intention of leaving Nashville. His "visits" have all been a ruse since Henry left for Denver. He knows the Titans need hsi serviced and he will get what he wants from them in the end.

RedEyE
03-30-2007, 10:04 AM
To be honest between Chris Brown and Michael Turner I'd rather give up a 2nd for Turner instead of getting Brown for no picks.

That's true and probably the best way to look at this scenerio.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Two things- Chris Brown's talent is irrelevant if he's on the bench covered in bandages and ice packs.

And if we got Turner, it would be one less need in the draft so losing a pick or two in exchange would not be a big deal.

I think Brown would be an upgrade to what we have now but he's not the long term answer and we'd still have to draft an RB either this year or next. If we got Turner, we'd be set at RB for 3-4 years at least (barring some unforeseen catastrophic injury, of course).
If Turner is not the long term answer then Absolutly forget about him then.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Don't argue with me Thurm or I'll have Pastor ted come over and bust you in the lip. :D

Seriously, I think Turner has much mopre upside to him then Brown, but I see your point. I just don't think Brown ever had any intention of leaving Nashville. His "visits" have all been a ruse since Henry left for Denver. He knows the Titans need hsi serviced and he will get what he wants from them in the end.
I just don't see it Red... :(
Brown has shown he can be an electrifying back on a much larger scale then Turner ever has, doing it as the starter and main back rather then a backup coming in after LT has worn down the defense for a couple attempts in spots where he is always fresh.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Chris Brown has never played a full season in any of his 4 NFL seasons. He even was injured in his last year at Colorado (although he had a big year).

Here is the difference:

Brown had one good year, the only year he averaged better than 4 YPC in his career. Turner has averaged 6.0 yards per carry for his career, never having a worse average than 5.2 YPC.

Chris Brown has 12 runs of 20+ yards in his 4-year career, in 541 attempts. Turner has 10 runs of 20+ yards in his 3 year career, in 157 attempts.

You keep talking about Turner never carrying the load, but he did it for 2 years in college. He hasn't been injured in the last 5 years, while Chris Brown hasn't had a full healthy year in that same time period.

For crying out loud, Turner was 4th in the NFL in kick return average last year. He is good whenever he touches the ball.

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 10:13 AM
If Turner is not the long term answer then Absolutly forget about him then.

no, you misunderstood.

Brown is not the long term answer. Turner may very well be.

RedEyE
03-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I just don't see it Red... :(
Brown has shown he can be an electrifying back on a much larger scale then Turner ever has, doing it as the starter and main back rather then a backup coming in after LT has worn down the defense for a couple attempts in spots where he is always fresh.

I don't question that T-dizzle. Its his durability that I have problems with. He's been injured an average of 5.5 games a season since coming into the league.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't question that T-dizzle. Its his durability that I have problems with. He's been injured an average of 5.5 games a season since coming into the league.

And he missed 2.5 games his last year at Colorado, before declaring for the draft and coming out early.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Chris Brown has never played a full season in any of his 4 NFL seasons. He even was injured in his last year at Colorado (although he had a big year).

Here is the difference:

Brown had one good year, the only year he averaged better than 4 YPC in his career. Turner has averaged 6.0 yards per carry for his career, never having a worse average than 5.2 YPC.

Chris Brown has 12 runs of 20+ yards in his 4-year career, in 541 attempts. Turner has 10 runs of 20+ yards in his 3 year career, in 157 attempts.

You keep talking about Turner never carrying the load, but he did it for 2 years in college. He hasn't been injured in the last 5 years, while Chris Brown hasn't had a full healthy year in that same time period.

For crying out loud, Turner was 4th in the NFL in kick return average last year. He is good whenever he touches the ball.
If you are comparing stats straight up, you need to consider all the variables.

When Chris Brown was the starter, he played against first team defenses fresh from the beginning of the game, lots of time competitive games all the way to the end.

When Turner played, it's always against a worn down defense in the second half or 4th quarter, with a huge lead already. By that time defenses will probably take more chances to rush the QB for a turnover instead just stopping the run, just so they can get back in the game.

That's apples to watermelons.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 10:23 AM
no, you misunderstood.

Brown is not the long term answer. Turner may very well be.
This I agree with.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't really want to argue about this anymore. I will be happy with either guy as long we don't give up way too much for Turner.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 10:25 AM
When Chris Brown was the starter, he played against first team defenses fresh from the beginning of the game, lots of time competitive games all the way to the end.

Chris Brown was a backup last year, and ran 41 times for 156 yards (3.8 YPC).

Michael Turner was a backup last year and ran 80 times for 502 yards (6.3 YPC)

Chris Brown was also a backup his rookie year and ran 56 times for 221 yards (3.9 YPC).

The guy had one good year.

Jeff1220
03-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I like what Turner has to offer more than Brown, but I'm definitely weary of the fact that he has played spot duty. Many thought Derrick Holmes and Kenneth Davis would've turned into fantastic starters too.

madness
03-30-2007, 10:30 AM

Stop throwing in variables that **** up the silver platter theory. :snicker:

Ed
03-30-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm not really buying that we're in competition for Chris Brown right now. Didn't Marv just come out this week and say that they've put pursuing Brown or Dillon on hold for now because they've got other plans or ideas at RB? I think it's obvious the Bills would prefer to have Turner and clearly think he's the better player or they would have wrapped things up with Brown weeks ago.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
What is the deal with their hands?
can either guy catch out of the backfield.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
What is the deal with their hands?
can either guy catch out of the backfield.

I don't think either will be confused with Marshall Faulk, but I'd say Brown has the edge over Turner because he has done it more. That said, neither is a guy you are going to split out, they are both basically guys you would throw the ball to in the flat on a hot route.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Chris Brown was a backup last year, and ran 41 times for 156 yards (3.8 YPC).

Michael Turner was a backup last year and ran 80 times for 502 yards (6.3 YPC)

Chris Brown was also a backup his rookie year and ran 56 times for 221 yards (3.9 YPC).

The guy had one good year.
Again I want to clarify that I in no way prefer Chris Brown over Turner.

But we can never compare stats between the 2 because the circumstances are completely different.

Chris Brown played on a team that never blew anyone out. So when he played even as a backup it wasn't because they were playing with a huge lead, running to burn the clock, with plenty of other weapons on the team. Chris Brown didn't have the luxury of Tomlinson and Gates to draw attention away from him.

Is Turner a better player than Chris Brown? Probably.
Is he really as good as his stats suggest, a 6.3 YPC average type of player? Probably not.

Ed
03-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Again I want to clarify that I in no way prefer Chris Brown over Turner.

But we can never compare stats between the 2 because the circumstances are completely different.

Chris Brown played on a team that never blew anyone out. So when he played even as a backup it wasn't because they were playing with a huge lead, running to burn the clock, with plenty of other weapons on the team. Chris Brown didn't have the luxury of Tomlinson and Gates to draw attention away from him.

Is Turner a better player than Chris Brown? Probably.
Is he really as good as his stats suggest, a 6.3 YPC average type of player? Probably not.
Did LT draw attention away from Turner though? It's not like they were on the field at the same time together.

Some people keep making the argument that Turner only ran against defenses in the 4th quarter or when they had big leads, but did that really make it easier for him? Isn't it typically harder to run the ball when defenses know that you need and want to run the ball in order to kill the clock? Isn't that one of the things that makes a RB truly great, being able grind out the tough yards for 1st downs when you need them most in order to keep the ball and preserve a lead?

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Singing brown will put us one close stepper to my worst nightmare.

1- Sign Chris Brown
+
Patrick Willis off the draft board
+ Bills dont want to or nobody is willing to switch spots with us
=
Paul "Chad Greenway" Pos.

Here's how much I think POS is a HORRIBLE pick at 12.. I'd rather draft Leon Hall at 12.. and I'd rather hang myself than draft Hall with our first pick.

If WIllis is gone and we dont get Lynch or AP-- the only thing I hope we do from there is trade down and take a WR first--its the only value pick at that spot.

There are LB's in the 2nd and even 3rd round that IMO will be a better pro than POS- especially Alexander and Beason.

Meathead
03-30-2007, 11:04 AM
On signing a free-agent back:

“Signing any of the remaining free agent backs would have the Bills also taking another on day one of the draft. There isn’t a back on the team or eligible to be hired that could be featured which dictates that they go with a platoon system.”

On using a platoon system:

“Most offenses perform better with a quality feature back, if they have one, but a platoon system has its advantages and can be just as effective. Just about any one of the available free agent backs could be paired with an early round draft pick and stand a good chance of generating a reasonable ground game for the Bills.”

On the Bills off-season strategy:

“The Bills have clearly emphasized their offensive line play so far in free agency and appear to have a general off-season strategy of fortifying the trenches on both sides of the ball. That puts a little less emphasis on having marquee players behind them, which would make sense considering the current weakness of the running back and linebacker positions the Bills have left themselves with. They apparently feel they can restock those positions primarily through the draft and perhaps a free agent straggler or two, then set up a training camp battle with existing players to see who comes out on top. Considering last years highly successful draft and all the picks they have in this one, I’d say it sounds like a solid strategy.”

On Chris Brown

“Chris Brown must be disappointed. He considers himself a primary ball carrier yet neither the Titans nor the Bills, the two teams with the most wide open backfields, see him that way because if they did he would have then signed with one of them by now. So he’s left to consider which team gives him the best shot of winning the job. Looks like a coin flip to me but if the deals are similar I would go with the Titans if I were Brown.”

On Chris Brown as a feature back:

“You know I’m not sure Chris Brown could succeed as a feature back but I’m also not convinced he couldn’t. He ran very well when healthy and if he could stay that way there would be no question of his value. But his upright running style exposes him to a lot of big hits and that’s been catching up to him too often so far in his career. Having the Titans essentially give up on him for that role isn’t encouraging but the NFL is full of stories where guys turn around their careers after being labeled injury-prone. He will get another chance at some point so we will just have to wait and see how he does. He’s still an attractive gamble to the team that can get him on a cap-friendly deal.”

On Michael Turner:

“Michael Turner is the next of the great backup running backs that many people are assuming could make it as a featured back. Don’t get me wrong, I like Michael Turner a lot, but until he actually becomes a primary ball carrier he’s just another guy with a question mark over his head. San Diego is playing this properly by demanding the moon and stars and seeing if somebody will reach far enough to give them the moon, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Wait until that price comes down even further and if it doesn’t then pass.”

“Hey thanks for letting me take your questions and have a great day.”

- Meathead

why did i quote myself? because i rock :rockout:

mysticsoto
03-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Did LT draw attention away from Turner though? It's not like they were on the field at the same time together.

Some people keep making the argument that Turner only ran against defenses in the 4th quarter or when they had big leads, but did that really make it easier for him? Isn't it typically harder to run the ball when defenses know that you need and want to run the ball in order to kill the clock? Isn't that one of the things that makes a RB truly great, being able grind out the tough yards for 1st downs when you need them most in order to keep the ball and preserve a lead?

I guess one could argue, however, that coming in into the 4th quarter fresh, vs a defense that has been beaten down and is tired - makes him look better.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him. But it'd be interesting to see how he fares when he has to carry the load throughout the entire game.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 12:11 PM
There is no doubt that Turner won't average 6.0 YPC as as full-time player, but you can't deny consistent production in terms of breaking long runs. That comes from talent, from being a 235 lb. guy with 4.4 speed.

The reason Turner is different from a lot of these other backs is because when he gets to the second-level of a defense he can outrun or run over most players. He is unique that way, which is why he is valuable.

The guy has a ton of runs of 20+ yards, too many to be a fluke. When a guy can do that consistently, it is saying something.

ddaryl
03-30-2007, 12:11 PM
i still think we'd be in the hunt for an RB during the draft even if we signed him maybe Brian Leonard or Michael Bush in the later rounds....one thing is for sure....whatever we think will happen won't happen

I agree, expect the unexpected, and th eonly way Turner becomes a Bill is for a 3rd rd draft pick IMO.

Ed
03-30-2007, 12:12 PM
I guess one could argue, however, that coming in into the 4th quarter fresh, vs a defense that has been beaten down and is tired - makes him look better.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him. But it'd be interesting to see how he fares when he has to carry the load throughout the entire game.
Yeah, I thought of that too, but then you always hear RB's talk about how they get better as the game goes on with the more carries they get. So who knows.

Plus, whatever RB we do get, A-Train is still gonna get his fair share of carries, so it's not like we're looking for someone to come in and carry the ball 25-30 times a game.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 12:13 PM
There is no doubt that Turner won't average 6.0 YPC as as full-time player, but you can't deny consistent production in terms of breaking long runs. That comes from talent, from being a 235 lb. guy with 4.4 speed.

The reason Turner is different from a lot of these other backs is because when he gets to the second-level of a defense he can outrun or run over most players. He is unique that way, which is why he is valuable.

The guy has a ton of runs of 20+ yards, too many to be a fluke. When a guy can do that consistently, it is saying something.
You are making some very good points.

Michael82
03-30-2007, 12:18 PM

I'd give up a second for Turner in a heartbeat. Then we don't have to worry about using our 1st rounder for a RB and he's better than anyone we could get in the 2nd round. :up:

Bulldog
03-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I thought of that too, but then you always hear RB's talk about how they get better as the game goes on with the more carries they get. So who knows.

Plus, whatever RB we do get, A-Train is still gonna get his fair share of carries, so it's not like we're looking for someone to come in and carry the ball 25-30 times a game.

If Buffalo some how lands Turner, expect to see A-Train fill the same role as he did last year with Willis. I don't think Buffalo wants to bring in Turner to have him split carries with A-Train. Turner would be the starter and A-Train would spell him when he's tired.

mayotm
03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Singing brown will put us one close stepper to my worst nightmare.

1- Sign Chris Brown
+
Patrick Willis off the draft board
+ Bills dont want to or nobody is willing to switch spots with us
=
Paul "Chad Greenway" Pos.

Here's how much I think POS is a HORRIBLE pick at 12.. I'd rather draft Leon Hall at 12.. and I'd rather hang myself than draft Hall with our first pick.

If WIllis is gone and we dont get Lynch or AP-- the only thing I hope we do from there is trade down and take a WR first--its the only value pick at that spot.

There are LB's in the 2nd and even 3rd round that IMO will be a better pro than POS- especially Alexander and Beason.I don't want the Bills to draft Hall either, but if you promise to hang yourself I'm all for it.

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 01:56 PM

i just became a Hall fan!!

:jk: pat

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 02:00 PM

great post.

Bert102176
03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
he is destined to suck as a Titan

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't want the Bills to draft Hall either, but if you promise to hang yourself I'm all for it.
LE-ON! LE-ON! LE-ON!

Bert102176
03-30-2007, 02:11 PM
i just became a Hall fan!!

:jk: pat

That was mean Tatonka

Ultra Chimp 1
03-30-2007, 02:14 PM
If we don't sign crappy ass Brown, then we almost defintely will end up with Turner.

And I'll be soooo damn happy, I'll have hope again.

Chris Brown or Michael Turner...it's your choice Bills fans.

But if you honestly think Chris Brown is better for this team, you're living in a dreamland.

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I agree, expect the unexpected, and th eonly way Turner becomes a Bill is for a 3rd rd draft pick IMO.

San Diego won't even talk to you if you won't go above a third. They would rather keep him as a back up. Swaping first, or a second will be his asking price. Greenbay, Titans, and The bills are in the mix. Bills will have the final say because their picks are worth more then both these teams. I feel if turner goes to another team its because the bills decided the price is too high.

Mudflap1
03-30-2007, 02:27 PM
www.benmaller.com

Chargers restricted free agent Michael Turner was a hot name over at the NFL meetings in Phoenix this week. Teams looking for a starting running back are assessing whether to make a run at trading for Turner or filling their needs in the late-April NFL draft. "There was a lot of activity," Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said. "Very interesting. We'll see what all the talk means. "There's legitimate interest on a few teams' part. A couple others are asking." Smith declined to discuss specifics in terms of interested teams or what offers he has fielded. But it's known that the Green Bay Packers are highly interested in Turner. The Buffalo Bills also have interest.

Jon

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 03:10 PM
would you guys be opposed to having brown as a back up behind turner??

a backfield of brown, turner, and atrain would be ****ing awesome.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 03:13 PM
would you guys be opposed to having brown as a back up behind turner??

a backfield of brown, turner, and atrain would be ****ing awesome.
It'd be okay but that's too much money tied into one position. Don't forget we just re-upped Shaud Williams too.

HAMMER
03-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Turner and A Train is all we need, Brown would be overkill.

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
overkill why?

what if there is an injury?

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 03:17 PM
i am basing this on brown making no more than atrain.. 2 years, 2 million.. in that range

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 03:19 PM
overkill why?

what if there is an injury?

LOL, what if,

if we sign brown the better question is when there is a injury?

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 03:20 PM
i like brown as a change of pace more than atrain.. that is what it comes down to

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
i like brown as a change of pace more than atrain.. that is what it comes down toother than his injuries i like what Brown brings to the table