PDA

View Full Version : According to this article Lynch does not seem to be a Marv guy....

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:01 AM
POSTED 9:54 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 10:43 p.m. EDT, March 29, 2007

LYNCH HAS CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH

Several league insiders have contacted us in response to our item from earlier in the day regarding vague questions regarding tailback Marshawn Lynch, to which NFL.com's Pat Kirwan recently referred in his latest mock draft. Apparently, there is talk that Lynch has back problems.

But a league source tells us that multiple teams have given Lynch a clean bill of health, and the suspicion is that one or more teams are putting out negative information about Lynch in the hopes that he will slide, presumably into their laps.

It's a common dynamic this time of year. A team who really likes a guy is inclined to bad mouth him so that the team has a better chance of getting him, and a team who doesn't like a guy will talk him up so that he'll be drafted sooner, pushing more of the guys that the team likes down the board.

But another league source tells us that folks from Lynch's school, Cal, have been privately "brutalizing" Lynch, which is not a good sign. It means that Lynch pissed someone off during his time at Berkeley, which in turn means that he might piss people off in his next location.

Marvelous
03-30-2007, 12:05 AM
After i read what he "allegedly" :lmao: did to his lady friend i knew he wouldn't be Buffalo bound..

-This is a great draft for Marv & Modrak & CO to pull off a super sleeper RB after we get our LB..

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:07 AM
After i read what he "allegedly" :lmao: did to his lady friend i knew he wouldn't be Buffalo bound..

-This is a great draft for Marv & Modrak & CO to pull off a super sleeper RB after we get our LB..i think if we take any1 that is not a sleeper it will be Pittman

the one player that we may take if we take an RB after round 2 is Dwayne Wright and of course Lorenzo Booker is always an option

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 12:11 AM
all i ever saw from pittman was production. i like that kid a lot.. he is a little undersized, but runs with power and speed. the only things that worries me is that he played with SO MANY talented players around him.. studs at wr, qb, and OL.. i still think he would be an ideal pick to go with atrain.

as far as booker.. i love his potential as a rbbc guy.. the really perplexing thing is that he had such limited production in college..when they gave him the ball he did great things. but hedidnt get it alot.. that bowl game he had to finish his career was really impressive.. but it makes you wonder where that was all along. he wouldnt require a day one pick though, so i would be all for it.

Marvelous
03-30-2007, 12:19 AM
BILLSROCK1212, T, Can we get either of these RB's with a trade down in the 2nd?

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:26 AM
BILLSROCK1212, T, Can we get either of these RB's with a trade down in the 2nd?well it depends how far we trade down.....if the Packers took Marshawn Lynch we could trade down as far as 49th overall from 43 and we'd be guaranteed to land Pittman but I doubt we'd trade down if Pittman was there at 43 especially because there is always the risk that the Titans or Giants would then trade ahead of us and take Pittman

Marvelous
03-30-2007, 12:30 AM
well it depends how far we trade down.....if the Packers took Marshawn Lynch we could trade down as far as 49th overall from 43 and we'd be guaranteed to land Pittman but I doubt we'd trade down if Pittman was there at 43 especially because there is always the risk that the Titans or Giants would then trade ahead of us and take Pittman
Always a risk indeed.. I'd love to see us score another 2nd rounder from a small trade down in the 1st etc. Of ocurse if nobody fell in our lap etc etc.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Always a risk indeed.. I'd love to see us score another 2nd rounder from a small trade down in the 1st etc. Of ocurse if nobody fell in our lap etc etc.i am the biggest fan on the board for trading to down as long as Willis isn't there at 12

Michael82
03-30-2007, 12:44 AM
The more vids that I have see of Antonio Pittman, the more I like him. I hope that he falls to us in the 2nd round. It would be a nice pick. :up:

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 12:45 AM
The more vids that I have see of Antonio Pittman, the more I like him. I hope that he falls to us in the 2nd round. It would be a nice pick. :up:i wouldnt mind trading up to make sure we get him

Michael82
03-30-2007, 12:58 AM
i wouldnt mind trading up to make sure we get him
If we could get Patrick Willis and then trade up like last year back into the 1st round to get Antonio Pittman, I would LOVE the draft. :drool:

Willis + Pittman... :pray:

evol4276
03-30-2007, 01:44 AM
this is ******ed.. who here hasn't pissed someone off sometime or another? its human not human nature to have everyone be fond of you, this means nothing.

lightningbolt444
03-30-2007, 02:23 AM
ya know i understand marv likes character but its getting rediculus. i wont take the best player avialable (not saying lynch is) because in third grade he hit his teacher with a spit ball thats what he is beginning to sound like i dont want a bunch of thugs on this team but this team has to win not get the sportsmanship award

Jan Reimers
03-30-2007, 05:56 AM
He pissed someone off at Berkeley? What, he failed to burn the American flag, wear his "Impeach Bush" T-shirt, or express his love for Nancy Pelosi?

Night Train
03-30-2007, 06:04 AM
Lynch has an active restraining order against him by an ex-girlfriend.

He was charged with assault and kidnapping by his ex-girlfriend in December. Due to lack of evidence and witnesses, the charges were dropped.

Regardless, don't think the Bills are ignoring this without a close background check.

Jan Reimers
03-30-2007, 06:11 AM

He was charged with assault and kidnapping by his ex-girlfriend in December. Due to lack of evidence and witnesses, the charges were dropped.

Regardless, don't think the Bills are ignoring this without a close background check.
Oh. He may be a tad beyond high spirited, then. I stand corrected. I didn't realize he had these kind of problems.

LtFinFan66
03-30-2007, 06:21 AM
The more vids that I have see of Antonio Pittman, the more I like him. I hope that he falls to us in the 2nd round. It would be a nice pick. :up:Leave the Buckeyes alone. You have enough!

Don't Panic
03-30-2007, 06:51 AM
i am the biggest fan on the board for trading to down as long as Willis isn't there at 12

2nd biggest!

Don't Panic
03-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Leave the Buckeyes alone. You have enough!

Better Buckeyes than U guys. At least in Ohio they have winter and players who won't ***** about the Buffalo nightlife. That being said, I am not a Pittman fan. Did the Brian Leonard buzz train get completely derailed? I'm telling you, that guy is the truth.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure Lynch is even worth the #12 if the character issues check out.

Everytime I see the guy I think of J.J. Arrington, and wonder if Ted Tedford's offense makes him look much better. Arrington was a stud in that offense as well, and Justin Forsett has been pretty productive as well the last couple years.

Let's compare career stats:

Lynch - 490 carries for 3,290 yards (6.6 ypc), 29 TD

Arrington - 396 carries for 2,625 yards (6.6 ypc), 20 TD

Forsett - 262 carries for 1,674 yards (6.4 ypc), 11 TD

Before going to Cal, Tedford was OC at Oregon. His RB there was Maurice Morris (Shaun Alexander's backup) who produced these stats:

466 carrries for 2,237 yards (4.8 ypc), 17 TDs.

His offense produces backs that are usually quick and catch the ball well. They are productive in spread sets. However, in the Pros they tend not to produce at the same leve expected in college.

Remember, Tedford's offense has produced some QB who weren't as prolific as Pros as well (Joey Harrington, Aaron Rodgers). Could the system be responsible for the production? Tedford is an excellent offensive coach who favors spread sets.

It is something to consider. IMO, Adrian Peterson is head-and-shoulders above Lynch as a RB, and if he slips a little the Bills should consider trading up to get him.

Or, they could trade for Michael Turner.

TigerJ
03-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I assume the Bills will be careful on Lynch. If they see too many red flags they'll look elsewhere. Pittman might be a good choice. The Bills must know he's a terrible blocker though. Brandon Jackson is another option. The latest RB du jour is Jackie Battle out of Houston who had an eyepopping pro day, but also had solid production albeit at a smaller school. They could get him in round 3, maybe even round 4, though that might be pushing it for a guy who's 6'2" 235 lbs and runs a 4.42 40.

Dantheman1280
03-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Lynch might not be a Marv guy, but it is not hard to piss off a college student. I go to school full time and no matter where you go, you are going to find ***holes when you have thousands of kinds in their teens and early twenties.

okaydo
03-30-2007, 08:56 AM

This is simply *NOT TRUE,* as I pointed out in this post (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1903396#post1903396).

Lynch was *NEVER* charged with a crime, nor was he ever arrested. (In fact, he's never been arrested in his life.)

The Alameda County prosecutor, who specializes in domestic violence, simply examined the accusation and decided not to file charges.

Also, the restraining order was thrown out on March 2nd because it was obtained illegally.

From the Contra Costa Times (http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/16574906.htm):

No charges against Cal football star Marshawn Lynch

By Harry Harris and Paul T. Rosynsky
MEDIANEWS STAFF WRITERS

<!-- begin body-content --> OAKLAND - Citing several reasons, including "some grave inconsistencies" in the complaining woman's story, Alameda County prosecutors decided Monday not to file domestic violence related charges against UC Berkeley football star Marshawn Lynch.

The decision was made by Senior Deputy District Attorney Kim Hunter, an expert in domestic violence cases.

Hunter said one of the key reasons for the decision not to prosecute was that the woman making the complaint gave conflicting statements in the police report and to officers doing the follow-up investigation.

"The victim's story has some grave inconsistencies," Hunter said.
In the initial police report, there was only a mention of Lynch "grabbing and pushing" the woman. But the woman added other details of the confrontation in later interviews and documents.

One of those documents was a petition for a restraining order in which the woman said Lynch, "choke me. slap me then slap himself. pick me up and though(sic) me in the car laid on top of me with his hands over my mouth."

Other reasons cited by Hunter for not charging the case included no visible injuries to the woman, no pictures of any injuries and a statement from someone who knows both Lynch and the woman and was present at the so-called confrontation that "nothing happened" between them.
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
From the Associated Press (http://www.insidebayarea.com/calsports/ci_5361045):

Restraining order against ex-Cal football star revoked
<!--subtitle--><!--byline-->
Associated Press
<!--date-->
<script language="JavaScript"> var requestedWidth = 0; </script>
<script language="JavaScript"> if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; } </script> OAKLAND. - A restraining order against former University of California football star Marshawn Lynch was revoked after the running back proved he was never notified of the court hearing.

Alameda County Superior Court Judge Leo Dorado on Friday rescinded the order he originally granted in January to a woman who accused Lynch of choking, slapping and sexually assaulting her.

Prosecutors declined to press charges in the case, citing a lack of evidence, and Lynch's lawyer denied the woman's accusations.

According to court documents, process server Andre Cox delivered documents to Lynch in mid-January at a gym on Cal's campus informing him that a hearing on the woman's request had been scheduled.

However, the Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year could not have known about the hearing because he was in Arizona when the process server claimed to have delivered the notice, said Lynch's agent, Doug Hendrickson.

Cox did not appear at Friday's hearing, according to a judge's spokeswoman. A phone message left for him Monday wasn't immediately returned.

Saratoga Slim
03-30-2007, 09:03 AM
The more vids that I have see of Antonio Pittman, the more I like him. I hope that he falls to us in the 2nd round. It would be a nice pick. :up:

Pittman should be there in the 2nd. I think he might even make it to the 3rd.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 09:21 AM
Pittman is quicker than people realize. His 40 times at the combine were excellent (avg. 4.4), and his shuttle times were among the best at his position.

It seems odd that everyone went nuts about Chris Henry's combine performance, but Pittman's 40 was just as good and his shuttle times were as good or better. Pittman was a far better college player as well. He had abig year in 2005 and rarely fumbles. He isn't the biggest kid, but he has a compact build and runs bigger than he weighs.

The biggest knock on him I've seen is that he may not work as hard as he should. That is something to consider, but he is an interesting prospect. He probably isn't a feature back in the NFL because of his size, but he would seem to fit in a committee system. He needs to improve as a receiver, as he mostly caught dump passes in college.

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 09:27 AM
I like Pittman, I like Lynch, I like Peterson.
Saying that, willis and Pittman would be a fantasic start to the draft.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Pittman should be there in the 2nd. I think he might even make it to the 3rd.
He aint gonna be there in the third.

They may have to jump a few teams if they want to get him in the second as well (I think at least)