According to this article Lynch does not seem to be a Marv guy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

According to this article Lynch does not seem to be a Marv guy....

POSTED 9:54 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 10:43 p.m. EDT, March 29, 2007
    LYNCH HAS CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH
    Several league insiders have contacted us in response to our item from earlier in the day regarding vague questions regarding tailback Marshawn Lynch, to which NFL.com's Pat Kirwan recently referred in his latest mock draft. Apparently, there is talk that Lynch has back problems.
    But a league source tells us that multiple teams have given Lynch a clean bill of health, and the suspicion is that one or more teams are putting out negative information about Lynch in the hopes that he will slide, presumably into their laps.
    It's a common dynamic this time of year. A team who really likes a guy is inclined to bad mouth him so that the team has a better chance of getting him, and a team who doesn't like a guy will talk him up so that he'll be drafted sooner, pushing more of the guys that the team likes down the board.
    But another league source tells us that folks from Lynch's school, Cal, have been privately "brutalizing" Lynch, which is not a good sign. It means that Lynch pissed someone off during his time at Berkeley, which in turn means that he might piss people off in his next location.
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Re: According to this article Lynch does not seem to be a Marv guy....

After i read what he "allegedly" did to his lady friend i knew he wouldn't be Buffalo bound..

-This is a great draft for Marv & Modrak & CO to pull off a super sleeper RB after we get our LB..
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Marvelous
      After i read what he "allegedly" did to his lady friend i knew he wouldn't be Buffalo bound..

-This is a great draft for Marv & Modrak & CO to pull off a super sleeper RB after we get our LB..
      i think if we take any1 that is not a sleeper it will be Pittman

the one player that we may take if we take an RB after round 2 is Dwayne Wright and of course Lorenzo Booker is always an option

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

all i ever saw from pittman was production. i like that kid a lot.. he is a little undersized, but runs with power and speed. the only things that worries me is that he played with SO MANY talented players around him.. studs at wr, qb, and OL.. i still think he would be an ideal pick to go with atrain.

as far as booker.. i love his potential as a rbbc guy.. the really perplexing thing is that he had such limited production in college..when they gave him the ball he did great things. but hedidnt get it alot.. that bowl game he had to finish his career was really impressive.. but it makes you wonder where that was all along. he wouldnt require a day one pick though, so i would be all for it.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

BILLSROCK1212, T, Can we get either of these RB's with a trade down in the 2nd?
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

BILLSROCK1212, T, Can we get either of these RB's with a trade down in the 2nd?
            well it depends how far we trade down.....if the Packers took Marshawn Lynch we could trade down as far as 49th overall from 43 and we'd be guaranteed to land Pittman but I doubt we'd trade down if Pittman was there at 43 especially because there is always the risk that the Titans or Giants would then trade ahead of us and take Pittman

Comment

• Marvelous
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
              well it depends how far we trade down.....if the Packers took Marshawn Lynch we could trade down as far as 49th overall from 43 and we'd be guaranteed to land Pittman but I doubt we'd trade down if Pittman was there at 43 especially because there is always the risk that the Titans or Giants would then trade ahead of us and take Pittman
              Always a risk indeed.. I'd love to see us score another 2nd rounder from a small trade down in the 1st etc. Of ocurse if nobody fell in our lap etc etc.
              GO BILLS!!! NE
              Magical Trevor

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

Always a risk indeed.. I'd love to see us score another 2nd rounder from a small trade down in the 1st etc. Of ocurse if nobody fell in our lap etc etc.
                i am the biggest fan on the board for trading to down as long as Willis isn't there at 12

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

The more vids that I have see of Antonio Pittman, the more I like him. I hope that he falls to us in the 2nd round. It would be a nice pick.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                    !?!?!?!?!?
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    The more vids that I have see of Antonio Pittman, the more I like him. I hope that he falls to us in the 2nd round. It would be a nice pick.
                    i wouldnt mind trading up to make sure we get him

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      i wouldnt mind trading up to make sure we get him
                      If we could get Patrick Willis and then trade up like last year back into the 1st round to get Antonio Pittman, I would LOVE the draft.

Willis + Pittman...

Comment

• evol4276
                        • Oct 2005

this is ******ed.. who here hasn't pissed someone off sometime or another? its human not human nature to have everyone be fond of you, this means nothing.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                          • Mar 2007

ya know i understand marv likes character but its getting rediculus. i wont take the best player avialable (not saying lynch is) because in third grade he hit his teacher with a spit ball thats what he is beginning to sound like i dont want a bunch of thugs on this team but this team has to win not get the sportsmanship award

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

He pissed someone off at Berkeley? What, he failed to burn the American flag, wear his "Impeach Bush" T-shirt, or express his love for Nancy Pelosi?
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Lynch has an active restraining order against him by an ex-girlfriend.

He was charged with assault and kidnapping by his ex-girlfriend in December. Due to lack of evidence and witnesses, the charges were dropped.

Regardless, don't think the Bills are ignoring this without a close background check.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X