PDA

View Full Version : McGahee has ‘love’ for WNY

Mitchy moo
03-30-2007, 06:59 AM
I personally think this was a classy move and just for a moment makes me miss him, moments over:

Willis McGahee wants to set the record straight.
The former Buffalo Bills running back, who was traded to the Baltimore Ravens, feels he needs to respond to an article about him in last Sunday’s Baltimore Sun. He has been bashed in Western New York by fans and the media for comments he made in the story.
One quote in the story suggests that he was taking a shot at Buffalo’s women, but he said that was not the case.
“I can’t talk bad about the women in Buffalo because I dated some of them,” McGahee said by telephone from Baltimore, where he is househunting. “One thing about me is I would never call any girl the B-word or anything like that. That’s not me. I have a mom and she didn’t raise me that way.”
McGahee does admit to saying there is nothing to do in Buffalo, but he said some clarification is needed on that, too.
“The thing was [the writer] asked a question about comparing Miami to Buffalo,” he said. “Everything is going on on South Beach, over in Fort Lauderdale. There are so many different things you can get into. Buffalo doesn’t have all that. When I got to Buffalo it was a major change. I couldn’t do the things I was used to doing. So compared to Miami or Atlanta or another bigger city, Buffalo doesn’t have as many things to do. That’s all I was saying. But I can’t ever say I disliked Buffalo. My time in Buffalo was cool. I have love for the city and the Bills for taking a chance on me after my [knee] injury. I owe them a lot for that.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/42990.html

casdhf
03-30-2007, 07:13 AM
:teary:

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2007, 07:16 AM
Can we stop talking about him now? He's just another NFL RB to me. I'm done with him.

madness
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Can we stop talking about him now? He's just another NFL RB to me. I'm done with him.

Me too and this article is probably the best way to close up the chapter.

Jeff1220
03-30-2007, 08:09 AM
This is just the result of Rosenhaus and whoever he hires to deal w/publicity (or even the Ravens' PR guy) saying, "Oh crap! Willis, you're showing your true attitude and feeling. As a public figure, you should never, ever, do that! Say something nice QUICK, or it will make endorsement deals difficult to come by."

If that's what he meant, he would've said it the first time.

RedEyE
03-30-2007, 08:11 AM
I never expected him to actually set things straight. I believe him and I think that by him coming forward it shows a hint of class and professionalism. For that, I wish McGahee the best of luck.

MVP
03-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I owe them a lot for that.” You bet your ****ing ass you do!

Saratoga Slim
03-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Apology accepted. Whatever, I'm past caring.

The King
03-30-2007, 08:18 AM
One quote in the story suggests that he was taking a shot at Buffalo’s women, but he said that was not the case.
“I can’t talk bad about the women in Buffalo because I impregnated some of them,” McGahee said by telephone from Baltimore, where he is househunting. “One thing about me is I would never call any girl the B-word or anything like that. That’s not me. I have a mom and she didn’t raise me that way.”

JoeMama
03-30-2007, 08:30 AM
It doesn't mean much now, but Willis McGahee should be grateful.

He was fortunate to be drafted in the first round by the Bills.

He was especially fortunate to be named starter a year later.

A move that required Buffalo to stab Travis Henry in the back.

An opportunity McGahee ultimately squandered in Buffalo.

That's two tough breaks for the Bills - but two breaks that landed McGahee an insanely huge contract in Baltimore.

Our loss was his gain. He should remember that.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2007, 08:37 AM
F*** McGahee. The more he talks the more s*** comes out of his mouth.

Just :stfu: already and go wreck a knee or something.

*****. :mad:

HHURRICANE
03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Blame TD not Willis. It it the job of the front office to determine if a player fits a need. This could have been resolved in one interview prior to the draft.

Guys get pissed at Tom Donohoe. It's 10X more his fault than McGahee's.

Saratoga Slim
03-30-2007, 08:54 AM
He's still an idiot and I'm glad he's gone. But if he's concerned enough about the wreckage he left behind to offer some semblance of an apology, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

BAM
03-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Some people take things too seriously.

Who cares WTF he says anyways? Well apparently a lot of you guys do.

Later McGahee. Good luck.

gr8slayer
03-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I still wish him the worst :up:

clumping platelets
03-30-2007, 10:20 AM
:blah:

Don't Panic
03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Fair enough... instaed of wishing for a career ending injury, I'll wish for a career avg. YPC in the 3's.

Michael82
03-30-2007, 12:47 PM
:yap:

Mitchy moo
03-30-2007, 12:54 PM

So it's time to serve him this soup:

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/stfu2.jpg

Michael82
03-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow....if only he could have done this when he left. But nooo, he had to be an *******. :sigh:

feldspar
03-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I never expected him to actually set things straight. I believe him and I think that by him coming forward it shows a hint of class and professionalism. For that, I wish McGahee the best of luck.

That's just what he wants you to believe, RedEyE.

Too bad it's most likey a pile of :bs:

Al13
03-30-2007, 03:15 PM

come on man, tell us how you really feel :lol:

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 08:04 PM
i really couldn't care less about what McGahee has to stay until the week we play the Ravens