PDA

View Full Version : Posluszny=Walt Patulski=Aundray Bruce

User Manuel
03-30-2007, 07:40 AM
If we pick any of the following with the 12th pick I may jump off the Peace Bridge:

Posluszny- never ever in round one, guy will be a bust.

Hall

Revis

Meachem

Beason

Ginn

If we trade down maybe. But if we don't take Lynch Branch, Willis or Peterson here, there is no reason to pick here.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-30-2007, 07:50 AM
I am with you on this, he wassn't even the best linebacker on Penn State. I would like to see you jump off the Peace Bridge though.

User Manuel
03-30-2007, 07:52 AM
:chair: Nice. With friends like you....
I am with you on this, he wassn't even the best linebacker on Penn State. I would like to see you jump off the Peace Bridge though.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Why would I believe two guys who post on a message board over every good thing I have seen written about him in the national media?

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Why would I believe two guys who post on a message board over every good thing I have seen written about him in the national media?

Then don't.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Posluszny had a pretty average season last year, but I will give him some credit, he was just coming back from a pretty bad knee injury. He would probably be better playing in a 3-4.

DMBcrew36
03-30-2007, 08:00 AM
I agree. Posluszny is weak. I will not be happy if we draft him.

OpIv37
03-30-2007, 08:08 AM
I think Pos will be a solid blue-chip type linebacker, but he won't be the dominant playmaking type LB and he's definitely not worth the 12th pick.

Saratoga Slim
03-30-2007, 08:11 AM
I think Pos will be a solid blue-chip type linebacker, but he won't be the dominant playmaking type LB and he's definitely not worth the 12th pick.

I think that's about right. I could see him being a quietly excellant LB for a team like the Pats, but he's not likely going to be a guy that takes over games. which is what you're looking for at #12.

casdhf
03-30-2007, 08:38 AM
He's a classic, slow MLB ... we can't have that.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 08:48 AM
He's a classic, slow MLB ... we can't have that.

Slow? His 40-times at the combine were 4.63 and 4.7, which is pretty good. More than that, if you watch him play he plays faster. He is very good at reading the play and getting there.

The kid is the All-time leading tackler in Penn State history. That's a school that produced some pretty good LB.

casdhf
03-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I guess everyone's slow when I look at Willis' numbers.

Devin
03-30-2007, 08:52 AM
:rolleyes:

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Posluszny had a pretty average season last year, but I will give him some credit, he was just coming back from a pretty bad knee injury. He would probably be better playing in a 3-4.
he was also playing a different position than the previous season.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Dev who are you rolling your eyes at?

Devin
03-30-2007, 09:47 AM
The 1st post.

Devin
03-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Slow? His 40-times at the combine were 4.63 and 4.7, which is pretty good. More than that, if you watch him play he plays faster. He is very good at reading the play and getting there.

The kid is the All-time leading tackler in Penn State history. That's a school that produced some pretty good LB.

:bf1:

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Pos will not be a bust. He has more chance of being the next Speilman than he does being a bust.

Philagape
03-30-2007, 09:52 AM

Plus a 4.59 at his pro day.

The only people I've seen saying he's slow are here.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't be pissed if we picked him and kept him on the outside.

DraftBoy
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Here is the thing about Pos, he is going to be a good LB, but not a game changer. He does not have that 4.6 speed in the games especially in the middle because his play recognition is not what it needs to be and he struggled last year. I dont mind him after pick 25, but prior to that there are better LB's avail.

Philagape
03-30-2007, 10:16 AM
his play recognition is not what it needs to be

That is the exact opposite of every scouting report I've read:

Quick to recognize blocking schemes and has a natural feel for the flow of the ball … Excels in the classroom and is like a coach on the field, as he understands all aspects of the game and it is rare to ever catch him out of position ... Alert to blocking schemes and doesn't bite on play-action or misdirection … Plays with natural linebacker instincts -- flows to the ball, maintains position, extends his arms, wraps and secures ... Does a very good job of reading the quarterback, slanting and taking proper angles to close
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/posluszny_paul

He is an intelligent player who is able to quickly read and react to what opposing offenses are doing.
http://www.ontheclockdraft.com/profile/Paul_Posluszny/1174

He is tough as nails, and has excellent instincts. He quickly diagnoses the action and reacts and flies to the football, wherever the action flows.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/paul_posluszny.html

Extremely instinctive... Excels at reading and reacting to the action.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/paulposluszny.html

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
He's last year's Chad Greenway.. NO THANKS.

Rufus Alexander is just as good as him, and you can get him in the second or third round.. and on top of that, Alexander specifically is a cover two type LB.

PISS on POS

Devin
03-30-2007, 10:57 AM

No he isnt.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-30-2007, 11:03 AM
OK, I just went back and quickly viewed the Michigan-Penn State game and watched PP. I think I will still pass at #12.

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 11:23 AM
OK, I just went back and quickly viewed the Michigan-Penn State game and watched PP. I think I will still pass at #12.
12 is too high for him, but he will still be a very good NFL linebacker. I dont understand all the talk about him being a bust already.

Philagape
03-30-2007, 11:28 AM
12 is too high for him, but he will still be a very good NFL linebacker. I dont understand all the talk about him being a bust already.

Some people think it's cool or something to go against the mainstream ... that way, occasionally they'll look like they have unique insight and expertise if they're right. Of course, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Devin
03-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Its primarily just pat. Therefore not credible.

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I think I'll trust credible draft experts over some arm-chair GMs who post on this message board and pretend that they have credibility. I find it hilarous that someone can name themselves a draft "expert" and automatically think what they say is gospel.

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
you cant get more credible than Pat

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Need an IMPACT player at 12...

NOt just another starter, we have plenty of those already

Ickybaluky

First of all, you don't know how good Greenway might have been since he was hurt on ST in the season's first game and missed his entire rookie season.

Secondly, Pos is a much better athlete than Greenway. Greenway ran a 4.86 at the combine, much slower than Pos. Granted, Greenway did play faster than his time, but he isn't the same kind of athlete as Pos.

Look at Pos workout numbers and they are pretty much as good or better than any other LB not named Willis. The guy can run, and he was a very productive player at Penn State.

I think you feel he isn't that great an athlete because he is white. You are wrong.

patmoran2006
you see my sig? Dont make me pretend your a chick ;)

Devin
03-30-2007, 11:54 AM
First of all, you don't know how good Greenway might have been since he was hurt on ST in the season's first game and missed his entire rookie season.

Secondly, Pos is a much better athlete than Greenway. Greenway ran a 4.86 at the combine, much slower than Pos. Granted, Greenway did play faster than his time, but he isn't the same kind of athlete as Pos.

Look at Pos workout numbers and they are pretty much as good or better than any other LB not named Willis. The guy can run, and he was a very productive player at Penn State.

I think you feel he isn't that great an athlete because he is white. You are wrong.

And there you have it. Because he doesnt want him here he sucks.

Stick to writing blogs pat.

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 12:10 PM

so what you're saying is that anyone who isn't worth drafting in the top 12 sucks

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 12:25 PM

Imagine that.. ANOTHER MOD taking personal attacks at a poster.

I will stick to writing blogs, I'll sprinkle in a little something else here and there.. Thanks

BTW, when did I ever call myself and "expert".

and yes, because I dont want him here, Pos does suck.. That's my opinion.. That's why I pretend Im hard at work and shrink my screen so everytime my boss gets up to piss or smoke I post comments on a MESSAGE BOARD... My opinion he is a dime a dozen LB and I want an impact player at 12.

Stay classy

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 12:28 PM

I dont care about workout numbers.. According to last year's combine numbers, Broderik Bunkley is the greatest DT prospect in the history of the NFL.

And I love white football players. I just dont think Pos is even CLOSE to being worth the 12th pick. There are many, many players including LB's that I think will be better players; going way past just the first round.

Now maybe for NE in the mid to late 20's, he's a much better value pick.

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 12:47 PM
There are many, many players including LB's that I think will be better players; going way past just the first round.
what are you basing this on?

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 12:49 PM
opinion... hunch

billsburgh
03-30-2007, 12:52 PM
opinion... hunch
:rolleyes:

DraftBoy
03-30-2007, 01:02 PM
That is the exact opposite of every scouting report I've read:

Quick to recognize blocking schemes and has a natural feel for the flow of the ball … Excels in the classroom and is like a coach on the field, as he understands all aspects of the game and it is rare to ever catch him out of position ... Alert to blocking schemes and doesn't bite on play-action or misdirection … Plays with natural linebacker instincts -- flows to the ball, maintains position, extends his arms, wraps and secures ... Does a very good job of reading the quarterback, slanting and taking proper angles to close
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/posluszny_paul

He is an intelligent player who is able to quickly read and react to what opposing offenses are doing.
http://www.ontheclockdraft.com/profile/Paul_Posluszny/1174

He is tough as nails, and has excellent instincts. He quickly diagnoses the action and reacts and flies to the football, wherever the action flows.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/paul_posluszny.html

Extremely instinctive... Excels at reading and reacting to the action.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/paulposluszny.html

I know Ive read alot of the reports and I dont see it, atleast not last year. He was amazing at diagnosis when he was playing outside, but in the middle he just really struggled to see and make the plays. Maybe its not his recognition skills but rather his difficulty in working through traffic. Either way he really needs to work on his game in that aspect if he plans to stay in the middle.

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Wouldn't you guys think that if we did get this guy he would be playing outside?

Devin
03-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Id suspect so. He can play anywhere but is certainly more natural outside.

Dont get me wrong i like Willis and would like to have him as a Bill.

Ive just seen enough of him to know that hes going to be a solid football player, and would not be dissapointed with him here. For someone to say he sucks because they dont like him, or hes white, or they want someone else is ******ed. If he sucks spit some facts to go with your argument.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Give him 3-4 years and he'll be outside..

Outside on Abbot Avenue, hawking hats and JP Losman pins for $10 at his little vendor stand.

DraftBoy
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Give him 3-4 years and he'll be outside..

Outside on Abbot Avenue, hawking hats and JP Losman pins for $10 at his little vendor stand.

That is just stupid

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 01:19 PM
I know..

I just dont like him. At pick #12 we need a game changing player.. Not just another starter plugged in somewhere.

Gunzlingr
03-30-2007, 01:19 PM
you see my sig? Dont make me pretend your a chick ;)

Glad you can take pride in hitting women.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Look
I exaggerate my dislike for Posluszny.

We lost too many key players, we need a KEY player at pick 12, not just another starter....IMO, that's what he is.

I am praying Patrick Willis or AP is there at 12, or that we trade down..

If we trade down and THEN take Pos, I will stomach it cause of the extra day one pick.. If we take him at 12, Im going to lose my mind.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Wouldn't you guys think that if we did get this guy he would be playing outside?

He was a WS OLB in a 4-3 and very productive in that defense, so you can't argue he isn't a good fit there.

This year he switched to playing ILB in a 3-4. He started slow because he was still recovering from a knee injury he suffered in the prior year's Orange Bowl, but he finished strong and showed he can fit that role as well.

That is the guys greatest strength, IMO. He is a natural LB, a guy who can line up at any position. His worst position would probably be SSLB, but he could fit at ILB or WSLB in a 4-3 or 3-4. It is valuable having a guy like that. He is fast enough to chase sideline-to-sideline and make plays and can cover RB out of the backfield. He has real good instincts diagnosing plays and is considered something of a throwback player.

Really, I don't see how someone could be down on the guy. Sure, he probably carries more middle-round value and isn't considered an elite guy like Landry or Adams, but he is just a real solid, good football player with a lot to offer.

There are worse things to get from a pick.

Tinboy
03-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Said it before, will say again. Trade down for Pos gor for Buster Davids in the second or third.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I have to agree with Devon, you can't say the guy sucks. He doesn't suck. It was very obvious the guy struggled because of him tearing his MCL and ACL the previous year. I can also see the point of someone not wanting him at #12, because it seems to be a bit high for him. For the record, I have watched him many times, including today.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 01:31 PM
I just dont like him. At pick #12 we need a game changing player.. Not just another starter plugged in somewhere.

I would think you want to find a good football player that can help you win.

A game changer? Here are the last few #12 picks:

2006 - Haloti Ngata, DT
2005 - Jammal Brown, OT
2004 - Jonathan Vilma, LB
2003 - Ty Warren, DE
2002 - Wendell Bryant, DT
2001 - Damione Lewis, DT
2000 - Shaun Ellis, DE

Some solid football players there. Pos would fit right in.

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I have to agree with Devon

BTW, Devin, I like this spelling of your name much better. More character. I think you should consider changing to this spelling.

User Manuel
03-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Just wondering, in the midst of Pat bashing here, why you refuse to acknowledge that it is ok for him and I to just flat out think Posluszny just isn't that good?

I have watched him play and I find him alot like any other college linebacker. He isn't terrible, I just don't think he is great and I really don't think he will get much better.

Frankly, I dont like the idea of a LB at 12, but I wouldnt be updet if we got Willis.

I think at 12 the line between impact players and "solid" players starts to get drawn. If Marv really wants Pos, so be it, but for value, I would hope he moves down and picks him. Basically if Lynch, Branch or even Willis aren't there then I think the spot is a negative for us and we should try and trade down.

This is similar to my complaint with Whitner last year. I am fine with Whitner. A real nice player, but I didn't like the value at 8. I think we could have gotten him at 16 or 20. With the significant outflow of talent this year the Bills have to maximaize value in every move they make in order to be better than average.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 01:41 PM
well said

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Just wondering, in the midst of Pat bashing here, why you refuse to acknowledge that it is ok for him and I to just flat out think Posluszny just isn't that good?

I have watched him play and I find him alot like any other college linebacker. He isn't terrible, I just don't think he is great and I really don't think he will get much better.

It is fine for you to think that, but I'd have to question how you came to that conclusion.

The guy is the All-time leading tackler in Penn State history. He won both the Chuck Bednarik (College Defensive POY) and Dick Butkus Awards (Linebacker of the Year) in 2005, and was named as a member of the 2005 All-American Team, while leading Penn State to the Orange Bowl as the first Junior team captain since the 1960's.

He hurts his knee in the Orange Bowl and decides to return for his Senior season, switches positions (to ILB) and still has 116 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. He wins the Bednarik award and gets named All-American again, yet people say he had an off year.

Just to top things off, he is an Academic All-American and won the Draddy Trophy as the nations top student athlete.

Seriously, I realize he may not be the second coming of Ray Lewis, but there is a lot to like about the kid. He is much more low-risk that a lot of these prospects, and he still has a great upside. He could be a poor-man's Brian Urlacher, which isn't bad.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 02:08 PM
How come its ok to just throw out college numbers and stats and say Poluszny is a great linebacker?

If that's going to be the basis on this board, then London Fletcher is one of the best players in the NFL over the last decade. He's led the Bills in tackles like four years running and is always in the top 5-7 in the NFL in tackles.
Yet on this board, he was barely even a "productive" player. Totally hypocritical.

My big beef with Pos is he is a decent player, but he's nothing special. Since we've basically done **** in FA other than Dockery, this draft needs to hit HOME RUNS, not safe little infield singles.

Guys like Patrick Willis or LaRon Landry or Adrain Peterson are home run hitters.. Guys like Pos are not. If all those mentioned guys are going to be gone; then move UP and get one.. Give up the extra draft pick to get a home run hitter. marv is supposedly so great at drafting, we should be able to do more with our second day picks than most teams anyway.

SO get a home run hitter in the first.

Philagape
03-30-2007, 02:16 PM
How come its ok to just throw out college numbers and stats and say Poluszny is a great linebacker?

If that's going to be the basis on this board, then London Fletcher is one of the best players in the NFL over the last decade. He's led the Bills in tackles like four years running and is always in the top 5-7 in the NFL in tackles.
Yet on this board, he was barely even a "productive" player. Totally hypocritical.

My big beef with Pos is he is a decent player, but he's nothing special. Since we've basically done **** in FA other than Dockery, this draft needs to hit HOME RUNS, not safe little infield singles.

Guys like Patrick Willis or LaRon Landry or Adrain Peterson are home run hitters.. Guys like Pos are not. If all those mentioned guys are going to be gone; then move UP and get one.. Give up the extra draft pick to get a home run hitter. marv is supposedly so great at drafting, we should be able to do more with our second day picks than most teams anyway.

SO get a home run hitter in the first.

See that's much better than the Beavis responses. Was that so hard?

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 02:27 PM
did you just hear me on sirius talking about turner? lol

i just talked to shine and miller..

they love turner to buffalo.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 02:28 PM
did you just hear me on sirius talking about turner? lol

i just talked to shine and miller..

they love turner to buffalo.
I didnt.. what u say??? what they say???

Tatonka
03-30-2007, 02:37 PM
oops.. wrong thread.. i thought this was the turner thread (one of 100) .. i will post it there.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-30-2007, 02:43 PM
BTW, Devin, I like this spelling of your name much better. More character. I think you should consider changing to this spelling.

So sorry, what a tool.

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2007, 04:25 PM
I love the fact that, out of one side of your mouth you say that you can't base a player's talents on his college stats, and out of the other side you call someone a "homerun hitter" based on their college stats.

:rofl: Sounds like you should be a pop-warner coach with your brother ICE.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I love the fact that, out of one side of your mouth you say that you can't base a player's talents on his college stats, and out of the other side you call someone a "homerun hitter" based on their college stats.

:rofl: Sounds like you should be a pop-warner coach with your brother ICE.
who did I call a home run hitter based soley on college stats? whats the matter with you?

Forward_Lateral
03-30-2007, 04:30 PM
who did I call a home run hitter based soley on college stats? whats the matter with you?

How can you call someone a "homerun" hitter who's only played college ball, yet say we can't call someone a possible great player based on what they've done in college?

Did I dumb it down enough for you, Corky?

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2007, 07:53 PM
i like Beason if we sawp picks with the Chargers if we trade for Turner

YardRat
12-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Bump

The Juice Is Loose
12-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I still believe Poz will be solid. U can't have a pro bowler at ever position. He's a committed guy with under 2 full seasons of starting. Let's give him some D line and see how he does.

The crazy part about football is that it's the ultimate team game. Each player relies on the other for success. Great players make others better. But horrible players make others worse.

Think about it: People complain that players on our team wouldn't start in other cities. Doesn't that include K Williams? Doesn't that include Kelsay? Ellison?

Poz has poop around him. The tampa 2 is gay. When we get a real coordinator in there that will let Poz play aggressively at the LOS instead of back pedaling as fast as possible, maybe we'll get better results.

But regardless, we waited, we got him in the 2nd. He's not over paid. He won't have crazy demands when his contract is up. He has no major injuries to his legs, back etc.

Poz will be here for a while and will change your minds about him.

The Juice Is Loose
12-06-2009, 10:08 AM
and Beason just got arrested recently so he's no quier boy either. you lynch detractors would be saying the same thing about Beason. Who, btw, has a much better D line in front of him.

YardRat
12-06-2009, 10:11 AM
I'd like to see the POS get a shot on the outside before parting ways with him.

The Juice Is Loose
12-06-2009, 10:34 AM
ILB in a 3-4 with a stud DT.

He and Mitchell, IMO, would maximize their strengths that way.

Ingtar33
12-06-2009, 11:42 AM
ILB in a 3-4 with a stud DT.

He and Mitchell, IMO, would maximize their strengths that way.

he would be great as a mlb in a 3-4 with mitchell... or olb in a 4-3... He's just not a difference maker as a mlb in the 4-3

Block "O"
12-06-2009, 12:35 PM
If we pick any of the following with the 12th pick I may jump off the Peace Bridge:

Posluszny- never ever in round one, guy will be a bust.

Hall

Revis

Meachem

Beason

Ginn

If we trade down maybe. But if we don't take Lynch Branch, Willis or Peterson here, there is no reason to pick here.

good call on Revis, he sucks

Mr. Pink
12-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Amusing thread, some people should apologize to Pat Moran.

At least we didn't get Poz at 12, but that still doesn't take away the fact that he's a chump.

we are
12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Am I the only who finds it funny that theres always soo many Poz threads...while certainly hes not elite, I think hes one of the least of our worries.

Why no Chris Kelsay threads? I mean holy hell, this guy is the worst defensive player we had and he was a 2nd round pick too. Osi, Boldin, Briggs and Witten were all on the board yet where is all the outrage at this guy?

Block "O"
12-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Am I the only who finds it funny that theres always soo many Poz threads...while certainly hes not elite, I think hes one of the least of our worries.

Why no Chris Kelsay threads? I mean holy hell, this guy is the worst defensive player we had and he was a 2nd round pick too. Osi, Boldin, Briggs and Witten were all on the board yet where is all the outrage at this guy?

I know its completely ridiculous!!! McCargo also gets a complete pass and he still hasn't found his way into the starting lineup.