M Turner in a Bills uni by I would say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

M Turner in a Bills uni by I would say...

Friday of next week. The chargers have a chioce and they are both better then what GB is offering. A swap of first rounders and we get their third...or they get our 3rd...both better then GB's position......and no ....no link no inside info. Just makes to much sense for it not to happen......this will be the run and stop the run draft....... turner is right there with lynch...and we get another pick in the first round and a 3rd rounder...and a cheaper RB...who may be not only more NFL ready but better overall.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: M Turner in a Bills uni by I would say...

Thats a pretty bold prediction.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

There is no way SD would GIVE Buffalo a 3rd round pick AND swap 1st round picks. They might swap picks, but they'd be nuts to throw in a 3rd rounder to go with it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by acehole
        A swap of first rounders and we get their third
        SD has 2 thirds, 93 and 96. Assuming it's 93, that's almost equivalent to us giving them our 2nd. So it's the same deal as I would offer.

Personally I'd much rather go with what you proposed, so we get an extra pick in the 3rd to fill some holes and hopefully grab a sleeper, plus we won't have to pay #12 money. SD can then use that pick to get Patrick Willis or Pos to replace Donnie Edwards.

That's a good deal for everyone.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by North County Times
          Chargers restricted free agent Michael Turner was a hot name over at the NFL meetings in Phoenix this week...

"There was a lot of activity," Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said. "Very interesting. We'll see what all the talk means. There's legitimate interest on a few teams' part. A couple others are asking."

Smith declined to discuss specifics in terms of interested teams or what offers he has fielded. But it's known that the Green Bay Packers are highly interested in Turner. The Buffalo Bills also have interest...

Smith said there's no urgency on the part of the Chargers to make a deal involving Turner. Smith likes having Turner (502 yards in 2006) as an insurance policy in case of a serious injury to NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson.

"I don't have a timetable," Smith said. "Some of the teams might. They want to know if they have a back. I'm OK. I either have the running back or I have some draft picks."
          LINK

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Good find NE, and I think something close to what Ace and Miyagi are proposing, Im in favor of a;

Turner, SD 1st, SD 3rd

for

BUF 1st

type of a deal
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

AJ Smith is the most wishy-washy pussy I've ever seen.

"I don't care, whenever."
              "I either have Turner or some picks. I'm in no rush."
              "Drew Brees just focus on your rehab, don't worry about the contract, we'll work something out."
              "Oh Drew you're out, sorry bye-bye.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

I would certainly hope AJ has some good ties left with the Bills. I know that things with Butler and Wilson ended badly and Butler snagged Smith on his way out, but I pray that Marv, Modrak, and AJ still have good relations that makes us a front runner for a deal.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  AJ Smith is the most wishy-washy pussy I've ever seen.

"I don't care, whenever."
                  "I either have Turner or some picks. I'm in no rush."
                  "Drew Brees just focus on your rehab, don't worry about the contract, we'll work something out."
                  "Oh Drew you're out, sorry bye-bye.
                  Maybe he has ADD
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Good find NE, and I think something close to what Ace and Miyagi are proposing, Im in favor of a;

Turner, SD 1st, SD 3rd

for

BUF 1st

type of a deal
                    That would be a winner in my book. We could still get a very solid OLB with San diegos 1st round pick, resolve our RB issue, AND pick up an extra third. probably too good to be true.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy

Turner, SD 1st, SD 3rd

for

BUF 1st

type of a deal
                      One of the problems with this trade scenario that I envision is...does SD want someone that they'd want to be forced to pay more at our pick vs theirs? When I think about what SD is likely to get with their 1st rd pick, I think of a WR. And yet, with our 1st, there is not a likely WR that is worth that pick.

All in all, I see no incentive for SD to take this trade and therefore don't see it happening unless someone fell that they'd want to target...unlikely prospects like Landry, for example.

This is also why I see no reason for Turner to be traded before the draft...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        When I think about what SD is likely to get with their 1st rd pick, I think of a WR. And yet, with our 1st, there is not a likely WR that is worth that pick.
                        True. Maybe then they will take our 2nd rounder straight up. That's where some still top tier but less expensive WRs will drop.

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

I'm not sure about how I feel about moving out of the #12 spot. I really like the idea of getting Turner, but I don't want to miss out on a guy like Willis if he's going to be there.

I don't like losing draft picks, but I think I'd be ok with just trading our 2nd rounder straight up for Turner or the 3rd this year and next that we got for McGahee. Maybe that's too much. I would prefer Turner to a 2nd or 3rd round rookie though.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            One of the problems with this trade scenario that I envision is...does SD want someone that they'd want to be forced to pay more at our pick vs theirs? When I think about what SD is likely to get with their 1st rd pick, I think of a WR. And yet, with our 1st, there is not a likely WR that is worth that pick.

All in all, I see no incentive for SD to take this trade and therefore don't see it happening unless someone fell that they'd want to target...unlikely prospects like Landry, for example.

This is also why I see no reason for Turner to be traded before the draft...

San Diego needs a new MLB too, and Willis may be there, Trade Value wise this works out bc our pick is worth 1200 and theirs about 520, so Turner is about 500, and the 3rd for about 80. Not that this means anything.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                              I don't like losing draft picks, but I think I'd be ok with just trading our 2nd rounder straight up for Turner or the 3rd this year and next that we got for McGahee. Maybe that's too much. I would prefer Turner to a 2nd or 3rd round rookie though.
                              Our 2nd this year has equivalent or more value than a 3rd this year and 3rd next year, even if we were to pick at the top of the 3rd next year. So if they're asking I'd give them 2 3rds anytime.

Comment

Working...
                              X