• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

SF will screw us for 2nd straight year

Last year I was praying that SF would do something a bit unexpected and pass on Vernon DAvis, giving him a legit chance to fall to us with the 8th pick. Didnt happen.

This year, assuming AP dont slip out of Top 10, I"m hoping the exact same thing about Patrick Willis. Looking at the board and the probability of who may be there, this is the guy we need so much more than anyone else around that spot, its not even funny. We need him badly, so of course that means SF will bone us again.

THere isnt anyone else at 12 that would be a good value pick for us, so if WIllis is gone (and we dont take Lynch) I REALLY hope we trade down.

My biggest FEAR is we stay at 12 and take POS.. that's asinine to me, when I think that Beason, Siler and Rufus Alexander are all better LB's, especially in this defense--so is Timmons but I"ve sworn off Rosenhaus clients.. but we have enough POS threads going around so I dont even want to discuss him.

WR if we trade down would become a great value pick- as Jarrett, Bowe, Meacham and even possibly Ginn could be there following a trade down.

One scenario that could pay off is if the Giants really want someone and gave up a first and second to move up 8 spots to 12. At 20 we could still get a guy like Bowe-- and pick up Pittman and Alexander in the second round..

That's my best scenario right now-- since as I said in the subject, SF is going to screw us again.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • MVP
    Bring The Pain
    • Apr 2006

Re: SF will screw us for 2nd straight year

It would work for me.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I could see SF taking Carriker or either DT before Willis.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

Hope you're wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me. What are SF's other needs? They seemed to spend pretty heavy on D in free agency. Maybe they're looking to add an offensive weapon like a WR. Yeah, them taking Willis would suck though. What if they took Willis, but Okoye was still there? I think he'd be good value even though we look pretty stocked at DT right now.

If Willis is gone at 12, I think a trade with the Giants would be perfect. If we could pick up another 2nd rounder I would definitely want to use one of them for Turner. Then we'd still have a 1st, 2nd and two 3rds. We could grab two LB's on the first day and still have a couple picks. Maybe grab a WR and DB.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

About Siler ...

He lacks ideal speed and athleticism for a linebacker and as a result, he doesn’t have great range. He lacks fluid hips and looks stiff in coverage. His lack of ball skills make him even more of a liability in coverage.

While he may be able to play strong side in the NFL, he may lack the ideal athleticism to play outside on a consistent basis. He doesn’t show the consistency in coverage to be counted on in space.

Is not an elite athlete...Timed speed, quickness and agility are only average...Not very explosive and lacks a burst...He does not have great range...Lacks fluid hips and struggles in coverage.

Has excellent speed, but looks sluggish with his feet when having to drop back in the zone as he doesn't always get good depth in his drops
          The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

And he's supposed to be a better Cover 2 LB than Pos???
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Dude if pat thinks hes going to be better he will be! Regardless of what all the people who get paid for a living to do this think.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

His articles get more hits than the BZ, he must be right!
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

and how many people who get "paid" for a living said Bosworth would be a monster? Or that Andy Katz was the next great LB.. blahblahblah..

and I dont care what those experts said.. I watched enough Florida football to know SIler can play the game real well. He was also last on my list of other LB's ahead of POS..

Why dont you do the writeups for Beason and Alexander right now ?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                  I could see SF taking Carriker or either DT before Willis.
                  Hope your right.. thats by far our best chance.

There is no way in hell they are taking a risk/reach WR with the 10th pick.

Okoye/Branch/Carriker - one of them is the best shot.. I'd be SHOCKED if Carriker wasnt still on teh board at 11.. Okoye (doubtful) and Branch (questionable)

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    and how many people who get "paid" for a living said Bosworth would be a monster? Or that Andy Katz was the next great LB.. blahblahblah..

and I dont care what those experts said.. I watched enough Florida football to know SIler can play the game real well. He was also last on my list of other LB's ahead of POS..

Why dont you do the writeups for Beason and Alexander right now ?
                    Because I agree Beason and Alexander would be good for us?
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

fair enough

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

SF will take branch because they need a nose.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                          About Siler ...

And he's supposed to be a better Cover 2 LB than Pos???
                          Thank you! Everybody likes to overlook this fact. I don't think Pos is really a good fit, either. I don't see him getting taken a #12... or in the top 15 for that matter. I'd be shocked (more shocked than the Whitner pick even) if the Bills call his name on draft day.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

Hope your right.. thats by far our best chance.

There is no way in hell they are taking a risk/reach WR with the 10th pick.

Okoye/Branch/Carriker - one of them is the best shot.. I'd be SHOCKED if Carriker wasnt still on teh board at 11.. Okoye (doubtful) and Branch (questionable)
                            Their LBs are descent ... but who do they have on the DL? Bryant Young is in his mid-60s now. Didn't they lose Anthony Adams? Who else is there??
                            cas,

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Last year I was praying that SF would do something a bit unexpected and pass on Vernon DAvis, giving him a legit chance to fall to us with the 8th pick. Didnt happen.

This year, assuming AP dont slip out of Top 10, I"m hoping the exact same thing about Patrick Willis. Looking at the board and the probability of who may be there, this is the guy we need so much more than anyone else around that spot, its not even funny. We need him badly, so of course that means SF will bone us again.

THere isnt anyone else at 12 that would be a good value pick for us, so if WIllis is gone (and we dont take Lynch) I REALLY hope we trade down.

My biggest FEAR is we stay at 12 and take POS.. that's asinine to me, when I think that Beason, Siler and Rufus Alexander are all better LB's, especially in this defense--so is Timmons but I"ve sworn off Rosenhaus clients.. but we have enough POS threads going around so I dont even want to discuss him.

WR if we trade down would become a great value pick- as Jarrett, Bowe, Meacham and even possibly Ginn could be there following a trade down.

One scenario that could pay off is if the Giants really want someone and gave up a first and second to move up 8 spots to 12. At 20 we could still get a guy like Bowe-- and pick up Pittman and Alexander in the second round..

That's my best scenario right now-- since as I said in the subject, SF is going to screw us again.
                              I dont even want to think about it. My next door neighbor is a 49ers and knew how bad I wanted Davis last year. This year, he said the 49ers still need some more LB help and are thinking about Willis. They only that's going to help us is that they have a greater need at DT.

Comment

Working...
                              X