PDA

View Full Version : SF will screw us for 2nd straight year

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Last year I was praying that SF would do something a bit unexpected and pass on Vernon DAvis, giving him a legit chance to fall to us with the 8th pick. Didnt happen.

This year, assuming AP dont slip out of Top 10, I"m hoping the exact same thing about Patrick Willis. Looking at the board and the probability of who may be there, this is the guy we need so much more than anyone else around that spot, its not even funny. We need him badly, so of course that means SF will bone us again.

THere isnt anyone else at 12 that would be a good value pick for us, so if WIllis is gone (and we dont take Lynch) I REALLY hope we trade down.

My biggest FEAR is we stay at 12 and take POS.. that's asinine to me, when I think that Beason, Siler and Rufus Alexander are all better LB's, especially in this defense--so is Timmons but I"ve sworn off Rosenhaus clients.. but we have enough POS threads going around so I dont even want to discuss him.

WR if we trade down would become a great value pick- as Jarrett, Bowe, Meacham and even possibly Ginn could be there following a trade down.

One scenario that could pay off is if the Giants really want someone and gave up a first and second to move up 8 spots to 12. At 20 we could still get a guy like Bowe-- and pick up Pittman and Alexander in the second round..

That's my best scenario right now-- since as I said in the subject, SF is going to screw us again.

MVP
03-30-2007, 11:15 AM
It would work for me.

casdhf
03-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I could see SF taking Carriker or either DT before Willis.

Ed
03-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Hope you're wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me. What are SF's other needs? They seemed to spend pretty heavy on D in free agency. Maybe they're looking to add an offensive weapon like a WR. Yeah, them taking Willis would suck though. What if they took Willis, but Okoye was still there? I think he'd be good value even though we look pretty stocked at DT right now.

If Willis is gone at 12, I think a trade with the Giants would be perfect. If we could pick up another 2nd rounder I would definitely want to use one of them for Turner. Then we'd still have a 1st, 2nd and two 3rds. We could grab two LB's on the first day and still have a couple picks. Maybe grab a WR and DB.

Philagape
03-30-2007, 11:22 AM
About Siler ...

He lacks ideal speed and athleticism for a linebacker and as a result, he doesn’t have great range. He lacks fluid hips and looks stiff in coverage. His lack of ball skills make him even more of a liability in coverage.
http://www.ontheclockdraft.com/profile/Brandon_Siler/1812

While he may be able to play strong side in the NFL, he may lack the ideal athleticism to play outside on a consistent basis. He doesn’t show the consistency in coverage to be counted on in space.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/brandon_siler.html

Is not an elite athlete...Timed speed, quickness and agility are only average...Not very explosive and lacks a burst...He does not have great range...Lacks fluid hips and struggles in coverage.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/brandonsiler.html

Has excellent speed, but looks sluggish with his feet when having to drop back in the zone as he doesn't always get good depth in his drops
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/siler_brandon

And he's supposed to be a better Cover 2 LB than Pos???

Devin
03-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Dude if pat thinks hes going to be better he will be! Regardless of what all the people who get paid for a living to do this think.

casdhf
03-30-2007, 11:26 AM
His articles get more hits than the BZ, he must be right!

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:27 AM
and how many people who get "paid" for a living said Bosworth would be a monster? Or that Andy Katz was the next great LB.. blahblahblah..

and I dont care what those experts said.. I watched enough Florida football to know SIler can play the game real well. He was also last on my list of other LB's ahead of POS..

Why dont you do the writeups for Beason and Alexander right now ?

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I could see SF taking Carriker or either DT before Willis.
Hope your right.. thats by far our best chance.

There is no way in hell they are taking a risk/reach WR with the 10th pick.

Okoye/Branch/Carriker - one of them is the best shot.. I'd be SHOCKED if Carriker wasnt still on teh board at 11.. Okoye (doubtful) and Branch (questionable)

Philagape
and how many people who get "paid" for a living said Bosworth would be a monster? Or that Andy Katz was the next great LB.. blahblahblah..

and I dont care what those experts said.. I watched enough Florida football to know SIler can play the game real well. He was also last on my list of other LB's ahead of POS..

Why dont you do the writeups for Beason and Alexander right now ?

Because I agree Beason and Alexander would be good for us?

patmoran2006
fair enough

camelcowboy
03-30-2007, 11:30 AM
SF will take branch because they need a nose.

Don't Panic
About Siler ...

And he's supposed to be a better Cover 2 LB than Pos???

Thank you! Everybody likes to overlook this fact. I don't think Pos is really a good fit, either. I don't see him getting taken a #12... or in the top 15 for that matter. I'd be shocked (more shocked than the Whitner pick even) if the Bills call his name on draft day.

casdhf
Hope your right.. thats by far our best chance.

There is no way in hell they are taking a risk/reach WR with the 10th pick.

Okoye/Branch/Carriker - one of them is the best shot.. I'd be SHOCKED if Carriker wasnt still on teh board at 11.. Okoye (doubtful) and Branch (questionable) Their LBs are descent ... but who do they have on the DL? Bryant Young is in his mid-60s now. Didn't they lose Anthony Adams? Who else is there??

madness
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Last year I was praying that SF would do something a bit unexpected and pass on Vernon DAvis, giving him a legit chance to fall to us with the 8th pick. Didnt happen.

This year, assuming AP dont slip out of Top 10, I"m hoping the exact same thing about Patrick Willis. Looking at the board and the probability of who may be there, this is the guy we need so much more than anyone else around that spot, its not even funny. We need him badly, so of course that means SF will bone us again.

THere isnt anyone else at 12 that would be a good value pick for us, so if WIllis is gone (and we dont take Lynch) I REALLY hope we trade down.

My biggest FEAR is we stay at 12 and take POS.. that's asinine to me, when I think that Beason, Siler and Rufus Alexander are all better LB's, especially in this defense--so is Timmons but I"ve sworn off Rosenhaus clients.. but we have enough POS threads going around so I dont even want to discuss him.

WR if we trade down would become a great value pick- as Jarrett, Bowe, Meacham and even possibly Ginn could be there following a trade down.

One scenario that could pay off is if the Giants really want someone and gave up a first and second to move up 8 spots to 12. At 20 we could still get a guy like Bowe-- and pick up Pittman and Alexander in the second round..

That's my best scenario right now-- since as I said in the subject, SF is going to screw us again.

I dont even want to think about it. My next door neighbor is a 49ers and knew how bad I wanted Davis last year. This year, he said the 49ers still need some more LB help and are thinking about Willis. They only that's going to help us is that they have a greater need at DT.

patmoran2006
03-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Their LBs are descent ... but who do they have on the DL? Bryant Young is in his mid-60s now. Didn't they lose Anthony Adams? Who else is there??
They signed Franklin (Baltimore)

Ickybaluky
03-30-2007, 12:00 PM
They signed Franklin (Baltimore)

Isaac Sopoaga is also there at NT. They have Marques Douglas and Bryant Young as starting DE, so they could use some young guys there.

They need LB real bad. They signed Tully Banta-Cain and plan on starting him, but they need better LB to play a 3-4 effectively, especially inside.

Saratoga Slim
03-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I could easily see SF taking Willis. Mike Nolan is supposedly on the same character kick as Marv.

It's funny how Willis went from being a 15-30 pick, and perhaps slightly a reach at 12, to a guy we have to worry about making it out of the top 10.

X-Era
04-01-2007, 05:53 PM

losing out on Willis is FAR from screwing us. The guy is very lean. He may or may not be able to add the muscle needed to take an NFL caliper beating. Hes a top prospect, but Davis was a freak of nature.

If we dont get him, we get someone else like Lynch maybe even Peterson, Ill take it. Hell, I might even argue that taking a skill player makes more sense when you need both.